• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2089 Season Thread

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
9 teams at 80+ wins already this season. Some absolutely world beating tanking going on to make this happen. Well done guys.

Reactions: doh

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Is it time for a Draft Lottery?

EMBRACE DEBATE

I'd be all for this. I think it would be a whole load of fun. Yeah, it may lead to dominant teams becoming more dominant, but from someone who's always been in the middle, that ain't gonna make a difference to me to me. I find it more annoying to watch people tank and rebound than seeing Seoul and Vegas win shamps.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I mean I'm very active in FA. It's just impossible to compete with teams that triple dipped in IFA for decades on end without getting top 3 picks. Maybe revisit in 10 years when the new player pool comes to the forefront, for now it's just a bad idea.

Wolfman21

I don't care. Bottom teams have been the bottom teams forever. Top teams have been the top teams forever. Theres a significant split between owners that spend time in the sim and owners that don't. The ones that do, are at the top. The ones that don't, are at the bottom. No amount of draft changes, IFA changes, FA changes, etc is gonna change that.

Soonerfan09

HAVES already looking for ways to get all the talent again.

I'm shocked!!!
None of the "haves" would even be involved in the lottery if we use the bottom 8 teams. Doh hasn't missed the playoffs in over 20 seasons.
I mean I'm very active in FA. It's just impossible to compete with teams that triple dipped in IFA for decades on end without getting top 3 picks. Maybe revisit in 10 years when the new player pool comes to the forefront, for now it's just a bad idea.
That's simply not true at all. The bottom feeders in both leagues haven't even tried to win in decades. Wolfman took like 5 seasons off and is about to secure the top seed in the Topia League. All you have to do is try.

Wolfman21

None of the "haves" would even be involved in the lottery if we use the bottom 8 teams. Doh hasn't missed the playoffs in over 20 seasons.

That's simply not true at all. The bottom feeders in both leagues haven't even tried to win in decades.

to be fair, Fortaleza was in the playoffs from 2081-2084 and won the TL in 2082.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I don't export 7-day lineups everyday or anything wacky like that, but my point is that you can't just turn a bottom feeder into a champion easily. Before my good run as Fortaleza it took like 5 seasons of actively tanking and making deals and whatnot. Still didn't win a title. You can't just sign FA and be good if there is no young talent in your system.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By

That's simply not true at all. The bottom feeders in both leagues haven't even tried to win in decades. Wolfman took like 5 seasons off and is about to secure the top seed in the Topia League. All you have to do is try.

If you think Haves wouldn’t tank a bit to hit the lottery in transition or down years instead of pushing into the playoffs I have a 4th round pick to sell you

Soonerfan09

If you think Haves wouldn’t tank a bit to hit the lottery in transition or down years instead of pushing into the playoffs I have a 4th round pick to sell you
Which “haves” are you expecting to do this? Doh, Karl, and myself are perennially competing for championships, so I doubt any of us will (I know I won’t). Are you just talking about yourself or what?
Missing the playoffs is going to hurt your budget, so sure, go ahead.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
I've got another 3 or 4 seasons of shitty contracts to deal with before I think about contending. Yeah, the contracts were of my own doing when I was trying to go from 5th place to the playoffs.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
The Lottery only makes sense if the HAVES actually drop off due to lack of IFA and the impact of the draft is even more than we predicted. If it's just mostly more of the same, there's no reason to make it even harder to become a HAVE. The difference between two Top 3 picks and one top 5 pick, one top 8 pick for the same org is night and day. The latter means that team never competes with a team that just naturally mass produces young studs.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Which “haves” are you expecting to do this? Doh, Karl, and myself are perennially competing for championships, so I doubt any of us will (I know I won’t). Are you just talking about yourself or what?
Missing the playoffs is going to hurt your budget, so sure, go ahead.

Then maybe you shouldn’t have a strong opinion on this one oh gr8 baseball sandbox minmaxer

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I don't export 7-day lineups everyday or anything wacky like that, but my point is that you can't just turn a bottom feeder into a champion easily. Before my good run as Fortaleza it took like 5 seasons of actively tanking and making deals and whatnot. Still didn't win a title. You can't just sign FA and be good if there is no young talent in your system.
There are enough good FA's to build a 85-88 win team and make the playoffs... From there, it's a crapshoot.

Soonerfan09

The Lottery only makes sense if the HAVES actually drop off due to lack of IFA and the impact of the draft is even more than we predicted. If it's just mostly more of the same, there's no reason to make it even harder to become a HAVE. The difference between two Top 3 picks and one top 5 pick, one top 8 pick for the same org is night and day. The latter means that team never competes with a team that just naturally mass produces young studs.
The purpose of the lottery isn’t to help good teams, it’s to make the league more competitive by discouraging tanking. You’re not even going to win 50 games this season, that’s shitty imo.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Not at all. I don’t understand why HAVES who minmax and always make the playoffs want a lottery. You said yourself it never affects you apparently.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I’m lottery since 2041

Will Tankee ever not tank?

I know we basically forced him to quit tanking in the UBL by creating some anti-tanking rules that didn't make much sense, but now that no one really cares, will he ever get tired of playing guys out of position and trading talent for good intangibles?

Also I'm convinced if we ever put in a draft lottery Tankee would be the Cavs and just magically pull 1-1s constantly.
To me, this seems like a conspiracy to institute a draft lottery, to me.
Also, to clarify, I wasn't suggesting a lottery. The tanking worries me because I'm worried it will lead to a lottery.
Draft lottery? That's a no for me dog.
I am out if the first two or draft lottery happen, but I bid ye good luck.

Soonerfan09

Not at all. I don’t understand why HAVES who minmax and always make the playoffs want a lottery. You said yourself it never affects you apparently.
What’s all this minmax bs you keep bitching about? Please explain.
I said I’m not going to tank to get in the lottery, which you seem to be so worried about.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Because I don't have the capital or team reputation to sign all the good ones. Which of course doesn't even delve into the fact that most good players never hit FA in the first place.

By no means is it impossible to climb out (I've done it many times on multiple different starting points/teams), but it isn't as simple as "just export lol"

Wolfman21

4 shutouts in 6 games this last week including 3 shutouts of Tijuana...that definitely means i'm gonna finish as the 1 seed only to get my shit pushed in by Tijuana in the first round

Ugh, Frank Simmons with a Sore elbow, 2 week DTD injury 1 week before playoffs. Oh well, makes my 4 man rotation decisions easy

Wolfman21

you don't even need money to sign the right FA's, lol. The biggest, and really only, FA deal i've signed is Tansel's 2 year 13 mil per deal. However, i've chosen the right ones and gotten little to no push back on them.

Vicente Medina could be putting up 2+ WAR in someones offense that needs him to start...instead he put up 0.8 off the bench for me. Signed him on a minor league contract.
Got Angel Gonzalez for 3.6 mil this past offseason...all hes done is put up 2.3 WAR in 69 games.
Got Luis Morales on the FA market in 2087 for 4 years, 2.2 mil per. All hes done is put up 3.6, 2.8 and 4.2 WAR seasons in his first 3 seasons with me.
Signed Kadeen Kalil to a 1 year, 2.5 mil contract and hes put up 2.0, 2.6 and 2.5 WAR seasons.
Got Tunay Sertel on a 3 year, 3 mil per contract and hes been one of the best closers/relievers in the game for the past 3 seasons.

I don't think i got into a bidding war for any of those players...and theres not a team in the league that couldn't have signed them.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
giphy.gif

doh

Anyone else not have their upload take? Oh fluffy.

EDIT: And THERE'S my late season pitching injury! Congrats Placido Meds!

doh

Just exported now for my 'play all the backups and hopefully no one gets hurt' file.

doh

Exported... Thank you IndyDevs for throwing my #2 SP when I had him on 'rest for 7 days'.

Is there an option @Karl Hungus for 40 man rosters? Or can it only be 25/40 or 26/28. I kinda like 25/40 more because you could get more guys in for ST and September.