• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2089 Season Thread

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Was a 50:50 shot. Chose pitching/def/small-ball oriented park.

Viera cruising in this opening stretch. Same for Aziz in the SP 1 slot.
Excited to see if depth will keep us afloat.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
You might need to take Uribe from me. Peppers is lighting it up in A-ball right now.
Well it'd make a bit older but if you want any of these guys as part of a package for him that's an office I could maybe step into

Roberto Hernandez, CF https://statsplus.net/nwbl/reports/news/html/players/player_10398.html (multiple 1sts)
Pablo Perez, IF https://statsplus.net/nwbl/reports/news/html/players/player_10704.html (2nd?)
Luke van Tiggelen, CL/ Possible Starter https://statsplus.net/nwbl/reports/news/html/players/player_4042.html (1st +)
Pierre George, CL/Possible Starter https://statsplus.net/nwbl/reports/news/html/players/player_3962.html (1st +)

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Franco is starting to establish himself firmly now as the greatest ever player in my organisation. It's fun to see those ludicrous (for my budget) extensions pay off.

Wolfman21

man, that 2087 draft might be the GOAT draft for me....Simmons, Barlini and Gonzalez...they might put up 12+ WAR this season

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
MY team is down 3 SPs aged 24,25,26 for the season. Oh fluffy

That Durable pitcher injury seems a bit unfair. I CALL FOR OUTRAGES!

By the way - My trades with you suddenly becoming extremely worthwhile. A big thank you.

Last edited:

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
That Durable pitcher injury seems a bit unfair. I CALL FOR OUTRAGES!

By the way - My trades with you suddenly becoming extremely worthwhile. A big thank you.
Which one? Munoz starting to be solid?

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Which one? Munoz starting to be solid?

Munoz is starting to be solid, and Castenada looks like a permanent solution at 3rd base. He was two seasons as a struggling backup, but now he's flourished.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Someone trade me a starter before I legit go to a late '00s Rockies pitching "rotation" strategy. Have two firsts this draft for some good. Same for someone that can play CF that's not a pudding brain (read: concussion case) or broken down at 22.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Someone trade me a starter before I legit go to a late '00s Rockies pitching "rotation" strategy. Have two firsts this draft for some good. Same for someone that can play CF that's not a pudding brain (read: concussion case) or broken down at 22.

I've got a good CF but he's a Turk, so...

Wolfman21

Hes like a poor mans barlini. I like his bat vs RH...though for 1B or DH id, personally, like a little more than 55 power. But his gap power of 80! may make up for that

Wolfman21

@Wolfman21 @Orlando - I'm optimistic that his power will go up considering his stats. 21 homers already suggests a bit better then a 55 to me to me.

yeah, maybe. I've had guys obliterate the minors though and never see rankings boosts and then start performing more along expectations when they hit the WBL. He should still be a solid bat though...like .285/.350/.450+ type

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
It’s really stupid. I don’t know how the Indy Devs haven’t fixed this yet.

I think there should be 2-3 ratings that play into range:
  • Quickness/Instinct/first step/ball judge for both IF and OF
  • route running or route to ball
  • Speed
This way, you would have a weighted formula that builds up to range. Someone with 80 speed but bad judgment and route to ball might still be 50 range or something.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
@Wolfman21 @Orlando - I'm optimistic that his power will go up considering his stats. 21 homers already suggests a bit better then a 55 to me to me.
He is probably old/developed for each level, but he hit 37 last year too. He definitely has power. He might be borderline 60. The lower contact might make him a bit inconsistent in the WBL.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
He is probably old/developed for each level, but he hit 37 last year too. He definitely has power. He might be borderline 60. The lower contact might make him a bit inconsistent in the WBL.

That's a point. Wish his contact had room to grow....

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
If you bums don’t start making trade proposals I’m going to go back to my opium den and disappear for another month.