• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2088 Offseason Thread

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
You buying a house @fignuts ?
attempting to. unless i end up dining on a bullet
giphy.gif

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
No punishment necessary. Just release the players signed early, like karl was doing for OU's guys already, and move on
ill take the released monies back into the cash budget then. slate is wiped. i cant sign em cause they be pissed hte fuck off at CAI. :kekleo:

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
@Karl Hungus the issue revoloves around the timing of when i went after these guys. They were released 11/13 for Moy and Vega. Xie was, too, yet signed 12/16 and on one seemed to mind. SO what it do?

Do we close up shop from Regular season through FA open? If you get caught, its loss of picks since thats more valuable currency? Or is the budget hit enough? Or an elevating system for each offense? Just trying to get this covered and we update the FAQ for all the rule changes, jic an outsider from the forums wants to join.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
@Karl Hungus the issue revoloves around the timing of when i went after these guys. They were released 11/13 for Moy and Vega. Xie was, too, yet signed 12/16 and on one seemed to mind. SO what it do?

Do we close up shop from Regular season through FA open? If you get caught, its loss of picks since thats more valuable currency? Or is the budget hit enough? Or an elevating system for each offense? Just trying to get this covered and we update the FAQ for all the rule changes, jic an outsider from the forums wants to join.

No one seemed to mind because no one noticed. I didn't think I had to police offseason transactions as everyone knew this is a dead period. :dunno: The Lisbon signings only got noticed because I happened to glance at the transactions screen- and those were made by the AI, not an owner.

They'll be released, yes. I don't know if that will make them mad or not.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Its the first season back in 2 years. I have a roaring sherman-esque fire going with focuses elsewhere while this is on side monitors essentially for a full image breakdown. AM SORRY FOR THIS INCONVENIENCE

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
They will likely not sign with you again, so that's prolly the only drawback. I remember I would sign players all the time in arb back when it was grey area legal eagle, but we put a stop to it a while back

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
They will likely not sign with you again, so that's prolly the only drawback. I remember I would sign players all the time in arb back when it was grey area legal eagle, but we put a stop to it a while back
Yankee has spoken. So no signings during the playoffs too or is that ok? We need an actual rule haha

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Yeah you can sign guys until the WS ends. From the WS ending to the post that implicitly says "you can sign FA's", you can't sign FAs.

Wolfman21

I prob need a DH since Kamrk is untouchable

literally, for 4 years nobody even touched his bags or told him when it was his time to be called up. They just let him run out onto that Single A ball field day in, day out, year in, year out.

doh

When I said I'd drop a billion this year in FA... I meant multiple guys.

But it might just be on all this 22-year old SP.

doh

Isn't he going to be nearer to a 3.5 WAR pitcher than 4-6?
I think he could be a 4-6 WAR pitcher for sure. If he's "just" a 3.5 WAR guy that's still like top 10 every year in JV.

The truth of the matter is there just aren't good young SPs (IMO because of feeders). I just traded basically a 1st and high 2nd for one -- in our new system where draft picks are worth a lot. So if you can get a 22-year old who looks like a top 10 SP in the league for the next decade plus.... he is extremely valuable.

And adding one more point: I (along with I'm assuming lots of other teams) have a ton of space. No IFA to blow it on so the money for FA's will go up even more.

Wolfman21

i might have the one team where he wouldn't have the value that hes gonna cost. He would be my #4 pitcher going into next season, and after Frank Simmons makes it to the league, he would fall to my #5, lol.