• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2087 Season Thread

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
tumblr_m7qn8lljCs1rrmergo1_400.gif

jdlikewhoa

Y'all trippin if you think my schtick is me being upset. I'm loving this.

Humans have schtick. I’m convinced you’re actually @hayvisBot. Please use your script for good... like finding me a PS5 or a pair of those rereleased Shawn Kemps in black and white.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Humans have schtick. I’m convinced you’re actually @hayvisBot. Please use your script for good... like finding me a PS5 or a pair of those rereleased Shawn Kemps in black and white.

What most of you don't seem to get into your heads is that controversy is what makes the league interesting. When the league eventually dies, you're not going to remember how a fictional baseball player went on a hot streak or Seoul winning the 2086 chumpionship or whatever (if you do fucking kill me Pete). You're going to remember the human elements of the game. Nothing makes my heart sink more or make me want to stop playing like finding some chud listing a load of stats from their players that no-one cares about.

The things you will talk about when this is dead are my ranting, the Wooly saga, maybe a few of the ridiculous trades/ human elements, and arguments over the direction the league should take. It's no coincidence that the league goes flat and dead when none of this happens. It's people that make it interesting. I love you all and when this league is full of controversy and no-one can agree on anything, it's a hell of a lot of fun.

Anyway, let's get back to the point @Karl Hungus is cheating the sims, and half of the teams are running cheese to gain an advantage. Dat 12% probability in both divisions.... :nebraskaman::nebraskaman::laughing::nebraskaman::laughing:

Last edited:

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I had no idea people were doing this, and this definitely borders on the "pre-cheating" minmax Wooly nonsense that was ruining the league before we caught him actually cheating. It's also disappointing this didn't come up during the discussions about IFAs and new league rules.

What does boosting the development budget have to do with international discoveries, though?

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
This probably gave a significant advantage up to OOTP 21, but with the new draft scouting system, I'm not sure it is anymore. If running all scouting budget into international, aren't you at a disadvantage in the draft given that:
  • OSA only gives low accuracy
  • You should be scouting the pool with your scout to get more accurate grades
Or is the new system broken in some way that OSA is accurate enough to still rely on it?

Wolfman21

i knew when i looked at the sim before bed last night that when i woke up this morning I would see a wall of posts from hayvis :laughing:

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I had no idea people were doing this, and this definitely borders on the "pre-cheating" minmax Wooly nonsense that was ruining the league before we caught him actually cheating. It's also disappointing this didn't come up during the discussions about IFAs and new league rules.

What does boosting the development budget have to do with international discoveries, though?

If you boost the dev budget, it seems to give you an even better chance with those discoveries, but it's not really part of it. The cheese is the scouting budget.

I was always suspicious about how much certain players relied on OSA above their scout. It's obvious now. I don't think it makes much difference to scouting the draft to be honest. You get an Average with OSA and stats are a good enough counter measure.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I'm being totally honest when I say this isn't the first time I've found a single digit percentage chance simmed out though @Mr. Radpants ... How the fuck am I (and other newcomers in the league), supposed to feel about probability being consistently beaten when I already know about exploits being taken advantage of in the game. It's kind of why I'm super suspicious in the first place.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
@fignuts - I mean let's be honest here. There are so many people already that cheat the game without telling others about the glitch, that it would be stupid to trust most people to sim our league.

There's a very simple thing you can do to boost Scouting Discoveries that Karl, Travis and a few others know about, and yet people like @doh have no idea. You just run max budget in scouting all into int, and at the same time boost the dev budget to max, and presto - RUN IT ON AN OFFLINE AND WATCH. It's how I'm competing and not having my drafts completely shit on me (it also helps finding IFAs). It's total cheese with the way our league is set up, and the type of thing most on here would be laughing their heads off at Madden for. If we were running the league fairly, we should have made this open a long time ago and found a way of dealing with it.

So why should we trust that the league is being run at all fairly???

Thanks for the heads up, @hayvis It looks like I need to invest more into the scouting department!

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
As to scouting in general, though- I think OSA & performance gives a pretty good indication of quality. Maybe too good. We could always lower scouting accuracy but then @hayvis would complain when potential ratings crater.

My scout is really only there as a second opinion or for later-round picks where OSA may not like someone but he does. I also like to have some money in minor-league scouting because you can get some really nice 4/5 starters as MLFAs.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
@Karl Hungus Oh. Sorry if I'm not convinced. You see, when I wan't min maxing the fuck out of it I never got even a half decent scouting discovery. Maybe 51% is the threshold, but even then, that should be common knowledge on the boards.

I even brought it up once with you and Travis and you just kind of went cagey and suggested 'giving different settings a go'.

It's also possible that people are only shafting their settings in rebuild years, but I'm not falling for the shit that people aren't gaming this. There's too much reliance on OSA, too much emphasis on INT, and no fucking mention of these settings in discussions we've had about IFA/discoveries, which is more than suspicious and completely inappropriate.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Also @Karl Hungus - How the fuck is it that I always get the double sixes against me in the sims? Is it just that I am that unlucky? It's hard not to be suspicious when I seem to be absolutely defying the odds every year.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Okay. So maybe you crossed the code threshold baked in where they funnel more discoveries your direction. Am spitballing here. We will almost assuredly never know the inner workings of this. You're bringing up a strawman for sake of banter I think. Conjecture, basically. Your evidence thus far in laying out your case is circumstantial at best. Where the past years of damning bullshit against those that have been NAMED?

Edit: til you lay out a enough evidence where we need to hear anything, I don't think its as bad as ur saying. Yes 20 might have needed that, but with this the initial SZN on 21, we needed to wait to make changes. You are the most aware of the issue. What should we do? Pause IFA's til this gets sorted? A baseline of 4M that can't be changed? Then that neuters others strategies of roster building.

Last edited:

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Okay. So maybe you crossed the code threshold baked in where they funnel more discoveries your direction. Am spitballing here. We will almost assuredly never know the inner workings of this. You're bringing up a strawman for sake of banter I think. Your evidence thus far in laying out your case is circumstantial at best. Where the past years of damning bullshit against those that have been NAMED?

You will have to trust how shockingly my discoveries progressed as soon as I started gaming it. I literally didn't have a single half decent discovery until I started with bombastic settings. I can sort of half believe that Karl gets there with 51%, but it really is taking a leap of faith from my own experiences with it.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Also @fignuts - Run this shit in an offline dynasty, and look at the results. It's a genuine exploit. The history of the WBL has shown utterly lopsided scouting discoveries. To me to me it's impossible to believe that these are happening by luck, when I just tipped it in my favour.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
@Karl Hungus Oh. Sorry if I'm not convinced. You see, when I wan't min maxing the fuck out of it I never got even a half decent scouting discovery. Maybe 51% is the threshold, but even then, that should be common knowledge on the boards.

I even brought it up once with you and Travis and you just kind of went cagey and suggested 'giving different settings a go'.

It's also possible that people are only shafting their settings in rebuild years, but I'm not falling for the shit that people aren't gaming this. There's too much reliance on OSA, too much emphasis on INT, and no fucking mention of these settings in discussions we've had about IFA/discoveries, which is more than suspicious and completely inappropriate.

I don’t know how the system works, I only have guesses based on what I’ve observed, and I told you all my guesses

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
So let me get this right. There's a grand conspiracy where others are hoovering up your rightful scouting discoveries and I'm running multiple sims every night until I get the right combination of your team losing, the teams around you winning, and also my team winning?

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
So let me get this right. There's a grand conspiracy where others are hoovering up your rightful scouting discoveries and I'm running multiple sims every night until I get the right combination of your team losing, the teams around you winning, and also my team winning?

You are being obtuse. I'm just admitting I'm benefitting from scouting discoveries. I just think everyone should know there's an exploit in the game, and I'm pretty sure others at various times have absolutely been using it.

It also wouldn't surprise me if there was the odd resim for shits and giggles, as whenever I look at statsplus, as a league we seem to defy all odds. But I'll never prove that so it's a moot point.

I don't think there is a lot of honesty in this league and I do suspect other wrong doing, as we've had the perfect opportunity to talk about discoveries and lopsided budgets when we were discussing IFA. I mean literally no-one said 'you know what - discoveries seem to behave a bit weirdly in this game'.

Even if those are the sliders you've been using for years (which I doubt) for scouting budgets, it's still a majority into one area that has the biggest influence on the game. It's just something that in a fair league we should be openly discussing. I only never mentioned it because I felt like I should be jacking the system because everyone else sure as fuck is.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Even if I'm the first to experiment this out (which I'm definitely not) - It's a fucking problem.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I certainly never told you this, as this is the first time I'm hearing that dev budgets only work in multiples of $6M. How would anyone figure that out? :laughing:

Sperging I suppose. But it is what it is. People can deny all the shit they want but that's what I was told.

Wolfman21

if Karl was purposefully making a team lose, I have no idea why he would pick Tijuana over Kabul as much as he hates my opinion on non-baseball related things. I think the fact that my team isn't in the basement every season and is actually on the way to the playoffs this season is proof enough that karl isn't just out there tanking teams on a whim