• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2087 Season Thread

Wolfman21

Nope, Paris was the worst offender with I think 4 guys :rolleyes:

10 year anniversary of me being in charge of this team. I'll grade myself an A+ in all areas. I'm extremely good at drafting, developing talent, trading, strategy and all the other baseball bullshit.

I wonder if putting non roster invitees on your 40 man is part of "all the other baseball shit"

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
You had guys on your big league roster who weren't on the 40-man

Ah. I have to make sure they're on the active roster before the season kicks off, but it's ok to have guys that are invited as long as you move them back down before opening day? I really had no idea how this worked.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Ah. I have to make sure they're on the active roster before the season kicks off, but it's ok to have guys that are invited as long as you move them back down before opening day? I really had no idea how this worked.

Yeah. You can bring up minor league guys to get reps in spring training and it doesn't burn an option. The thing that trips people up a lot is when you put rookies into your opening day roster but forget to add them to the 40.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Yeah. You can bring up minor league guys to get reps in spring training and it doesn't burn an option. The thing that trips people up a lot is when you put rookies into your opening day roster but forget to add them to the 40.

If I can just get another word of advice from you. I decided to add that $2 to my ticket prices, but looked at finances today and it borked my projected balance to -17m.... So needless to say I've bumped it back down the two dollars again, but it's still projecting -14m..... WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THE GAME. Honestly, the only way I can get it to behave is to leave it alone and be happy with my shitty low ticket prices. I'm just not comfortable with this happening, and it's the second time it's done this.

Do I just have to wait it out for the projections to get better? Before I put it up $2 I was projected to have -3m.... Why the fuck has it completely borked me on this when I've won my opening six games?

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
0-6 to kick things off.

200.gif

jdlikewhoa

If I can just get another word of advice from you. I decided to add that $2 to my ticket prices, but looked at finances today and it borked my projected balance to -17m.... So needless to say I've bumped it back down the two dollars again, but it's still projecting -14m..... WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THE GAME. Honestly, the only way I can get it to behave is to leave it alone and be happy with my shitty low ticket prices. I'm just not comfortable with this happening, and it's the second time it's done this.

Do I just have to wait it out for the projections to get better? Before I put it up $2 I was projected to have -3m.... Why the fuck has it completely borked me on this when I've won my opening six games?

At least you’re running your team the right way.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable

I really don't know. What was your projected balance before the ticket change?

Wolfman21

apparently, hayvis thinks going 6-0 in the first week of the season puts fans in a frenzy like its game 5 of the world series and you're up 3 games to 1

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
@Karl Hungus - Do you know any easy way to get to the scout's task list page? I have to do a staff search to get there at the moment, and with OOTP 21 it's quite relevant now.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Team menu>Front Office>Scouting

This is what I thought initially, but it only takes you settings and priorities and not the task list. Is there a way to the task list from that screen? Only way I can get there is do a staff search then click on ma scout and then the task list tab.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
This is what I thought initially, but it only takes you settings and priorities and not the task list. Is there a way to the task list from that screen? Only way I can get there is do a staff search then click on ma scout and then the task list tab.

Top right of scouting screen. Scout actions dropdown and next to that is Open Scouting Reports button.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
@hayvis That sim is affectionately referred to as HASHTAG SZN. There is a # icon next to players that are ST invites/non-40 man.

Wolfman21

Just dove into that draft and I have the CF above the 3B. His stats are explosive.

if i were drafting #2, i'd pray you were drafting #1. That third baseman is a future hall of goats player. Also @Orlando is right...this may be another relief pitcher draft for me. I'm sitting in the right spot to grab the future Billy Humphrey

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Lank me por favor to the draft list if y'all would be so kind. See if they pass the eye check.