• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2087 Season Thread

Wolfman21

Calling up two two-way GOATs: Yoshida and Ohayashi.... LFG

you can call them two-way goats when they've put together a season with a sub 3.7 ERA while hitting .330, 11 homers and 50 RBI at the beginning of august. Til then, bin Wakil retains two-way GOAT status

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Guaranteed GOAT if he can stay healthy. That’s a crazy game for a relief pitcher. I remember seeing it after the sim that week and just shaking my head.
I saw it in his game log and figured he just got a start for some reason, injury or something. Pretty crazy.

Injuries, PEDs and his control are my concerns. We’ll see. I may owe you one haha.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
@Karl Hungus - Absolute pitcher carnage for me this year. Don't know if this has something to do with going to 21, but it's unrealistically terrible, and just no fun at all. I had a lot of these guys on bench at minimal and 80 pitch counts and several aren't even from feeder leagues. Anyone else have the same? Are injuries the same as in 20?

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
"unrealistically terrible".... That is well below average on pitching injuries in REEL life.

Pitching injuries just happen a ton in real life and OOTP life. Injuries are set to low actually.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
"unrealistically terrible".... That is well below average on pitching injuries in REEL life.

Pitching injuries just happen a ton in real life and OOTP life. Injuries are set to low actually.

That was my point though. Our injuries are set to low and this still happens.... I was just asking a simple question about whether my injuries were consistent with the rest of the league's which clearly they aren't (even close). It's prolly just Karl mistakenly thinking he can piss me off out of the league (I'm here to annoy not to win).

Total injuries

Tijuana - 68 months
Las Vegas - 8 months
Seoul - 25 months
Kabul - 2 months

Don't fucking tell me this isn't out of whack with our settings. I've been going through all teams and mine seems to be a total anomaly. Closest injury time I could find is about half of mine at Dublin, but that's also an anomaly. @Karl Hungus - you're such a big old prick, you had to turn my post into a complaint. I suppose I have to just answer all of my own legitimate questions.

Does anyone who doesn't want to be a dick about it @Karl Hungus @Yankee151 , @Orlando , @doh , @Travis7401 (subjective) - have any tips on how to prevent this happening. I already had low pitch counts on most pitchers and bench if dtd.

Last edited:

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Every season this happens to some team. This time it is you.

You are including minor leagues too. Some teams have had near this amount of injuries at the WBL level.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Every season this happens to some team. This time it is you.

You are including minor leagues too. Some teams have had near this amount of injuries at the WBL level.

So completely unavoidable fuckery then? Nothing can stop Otto the bastard marauder?

Wolfman21

So completely unavoidable fuckery then? Nothing can stop Otto the bastard marauder?

Its all chance. Even in real life some teams get absolutely murdered by injuries and other teams have basically none. Shit happens. Like some teams have multiple GOAT scouting finds in the last 5 seasons and i've had 1 in 40 seasons on the sim.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
@Orlando @Wolfman21 - I've had a season with excessive WBL injuries and it was more understandable, as it was a chain reaction. This pitcher armageddon is a little bit more annoyingly random, which is why I was saying it was unrealistic. It's more understandable to have multiple pitcher injuries as a result of overplaying them due to a shortage. I had a plentiful supply in my minor leagues, and it's just knocked them out randomly. I still have decent rotations and bullpens even with the injuries.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Injuries are not preventable. There is a chance of injury with each pitch thrown. The less pitches thrown the less chances for an injury to happen, but it’s not like there is a way to stop injuries. A lot of these guys are fragile. They are going to get hurt. You just learn to live with it, play them as normal and get depth (generally my strategy) or avoid fragile players (@Yankee151). Sometimes it just works out like this were you get a lot of injuries in one season. It’s all chance.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Injuries are not preventable. There is a chance of injury with each pitch thrown. The less pitches thrown the less chances for an injury to happen, but it’s not like there is a way to stop injuries. A lot of these guys are fragile. They are going to get hurt. You just learn to live with it, play them as normal and get depth (generally my strategy) or avoid fragile players (@Yankee151). Sometimes it just works out like this were you get a lot of injuries in one season. It’s all chance.

I never draft fragile players high. It's actually only 3 players and 24 months of the 68 which are fragile on the IL. Obviously it's chance, but it would be nice if it actually had some bearing on what people are doing/ how many pitchers they have in their bullpens/starting rotation.

I've overstocked in comparison to a lot of others (as I said not particularly with fragile players), and I've put in quite a lot of preventative measures, that others haven't. I suppose I've already come to terms with the fact that it's an utterly shit game, but it's annoying seeing stuff like this. I suppose that has to be weighed against the fact that you can game the glitches in your favour too.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
I never draft fragile players high. It's actually only 3 players and 24 months of the 68 which are fragile on the IL. Obviously it's chance, but it would be nice if it actually had some bearing on what people are doing/ how many pitchers they have in their bullpens/starting rotation.

I've overstocked in comparison to a lot of others (as I said not particularly with fragile players), and I've put in quite a lot of preventative measures, that others haven't. I suppose I've already come to terms with the fact that it's an utterly shit game, but it's annoying seeing stuff like this. I suppose that has to be weighed against the fact that you can game the glitches in your favour too.

Look, we all know it's frustrating. What do you want me to do? Seriously, if you think WBL injuries are bad, by all means fire up an offline game with injuries set to normal.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
i can’t have a conversation when you start speaking nonsense.

I'll speak more clearly. The game has a load of shit code which is why injuries are randomly peppered rather than down to the strategy of the player. This isn't even debatable going on the evidence. I was just adding that at least in other areas you can game it to work in your favour, due to other glitches in the game.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Look, we all know it's frustrating. What do you want me to do?

I don't want you to do anything. I'm just discussing it. Everything's cool my end, and it only bothers me to the extent that I like to talk about it and vent a bit.

When I see bullshit in the game, I like to call it bullshit in the game, and am surprised if others don't seem to feel the same. It looks very much like injuries are handled extremely badly in the game code.

if you think WBL injuries are bad, by all means fire up an offline game with injuries set to normal.

WHY THE FUCK WOULD I EVER PLAY MORE OF THIS GAME THAN I HAD TO?????