• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2086 Season Thread

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
This is space age tech compared to OOTP16 :laughing:

So next file I can be put into Lisbon and actually get going.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Capture.PNG

Still see this when I open and when I try to re-download it says I have the latest file

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Nov 2? Odd. I swapped you in an uploaded a new file. Maybe it doesn’t take unless you advance a day. You could always try deleting online_league_file_time.cfg and checking again. Otherwise I give up.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I'm on 11/2 or 2/11 for hayvis and tried the online_league_file_time file, I think you just need to advance a day. I'm okay with waiting.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I exhausted all the care I have, especially if people are starting a new league haha

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
You better not be runnin from these asswhoopins. I'm moving to Helsingor to be cross strait rivals.
I’ve been trying to build a Swede team since before you left. We haven’t been good in a very long time. Doesn’t help that I never export.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I think building a danish team might be even more difficult. Helsingor sounds too close to Helsingborg so even though they're only 6 miles from each other I may choose Copenhagen instead. It's still only 34 miles away

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I think I added danish players to the pool like 10 years ago so it might not be as hard as it was when you last played

Wolfman21

I made this and I feel bad about it, not sold on Merchantmen yet

View attachment 14175

Et tu, brute?

7533_washington_football_team-primary_dark-20201.png

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
There are only 38 players from Denmark in the league, Lisbon happens to have the best SP who is closing for some reason. We need moar danishes

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
I'll be home later today. Are we carrying on with the WBL or launching the Multi-Galactic Baseball League (MGBL)?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Would the new league change anything besides team names? If it doesn't there's no reason, if it does what does it change and how is that better than what we have?

Wolfman21

i really don't understand starting a new league. It doesn't really fix anything in regards to owner apathy. Seems like it would cause more headaches than anything

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Just move ur teams to Mars if you want to do that. Space travel in the span of 4 days is no issue in 2086 or whatever we're in

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Can we have relocations though, as I think this would breathe a bit of life. Also maybe do some rule changes that were in the pipeline a while back. Can't remember what they are but @doh had a good few suggestions I think.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Can we have relocations though, as I think this would breathe a bit of life. Also maybe do some rule changes that were in the pipeline a while back. Can't remember what they are but @doh had a good few suggestions I think.

From experience if they are rule changes without tests to back up them giving the desired results, making changes will ruin the league. That's what I did with the UBL to try and fix the initial issues we had and it just broke it more IIRC. Given OOTP has gotten even more complex I'd be very wary of doing rule changes without knowing exactly what it does to the sim 10, 20, or 30 years down the line.

I'm all for relocations though, I'm moving to Copenhagen for example. Please get rid of your burger king abomination pls.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I guess we are keeping the same league... will ANTONIO GALVAN come back for season #19?

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
From experience if they are rule changes without tests to back up them giving the desired results, making changes will ruin the league. That's what I did with the UBL to try and fix the initial issues we had and it just broke it more IIRC. Given OOTP has gotten even more complex I'd be very wary of doing rule changes without knowing exactly what it does to the sim 10, 20, or 30 years down the line.

I'm all for relocations though, I'm moving to Copenhagen for example. Please get rid of your burger king abomination pls.

I thought there was some stuff proposed a while back that got tested out at some stage. I don't really give a shit, because nothing favours me in the league anyway. I will get rid of the Burger King abomination if you can design me a logo for the Tijuana Brass - Ideally the logo would contain some kind of monkey blowing a baseball out of a trumpet, but I can give creative control to you if you like. Would be muchas gracias.

Last edited: