• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2086 Season Thread

Soonerfan09

https://statsplus.net/nwbl/reports/news/html/leagues/league_100_news_96318.html

Acheson to Miss Time After Shoe Tying Mishap
Monday, April 8th, 2086
Moscow Mules' catcher Roland Acheson will miss time after tearing his meniscus while tying his shoe. Acheson was simply bending over to tie his show when he felt something pop. Careful examination revealed he had in fact torn his meniscus tendon.

Do these incidents get fixed if they happen during the season too, or just during the offseason?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
What percentage of each week is spent at practice/game vs non baseball activities? I think we need to come up with that percentage and then roll a D20 to decide whether he was participating in baseball activities while tying his shoe.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
What percentage of each week is spent at practice/game vs non baseball activities? I think we need to come up with that percentage and then roll a D20 to decide whether he was participating in baseball activities while tying his shoe.

This is too simple. Maybe work out the percentage, and then get Sooner to re-enact his catcher's life until he injures himself tying his shoelace. Then we might have a better idea as to where the injury was likely to take place. When we know roughly where the highest probability of the accident occurring is, get Sooner to keep tying his shoe laces over and over in said place, until we have an idea of the percentage chance of the injury in that location. If it's less than 17% then the injury shouldn't stand.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I mean nobody injures hisself just tying his shoelace normally. If you tried to tie your shoelace from a catchers stance? Injury bound to happen!

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
This one isn't a story line injury. He didn't fall off a ladder while changing light bulbs, get beaten up by his girlfriend, or shoot himself while cleaning a gun.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
The injury blurb gives the date of the injury. If you go to the box score on that date, he played the entire game, and there’s no note of an injury. If he had been injured during the game, it would be noted at the bottom of the box score under Special Notes like so:

Special Notes: SS Oliver Karani was injured being hit by a pitch. Torkel Ackerdin ties the HEL regular season game record for hits with 5.

@Orlando for a Torkel

Soonerfan09

OOTP 21 patch 21.5.76 was released on July 30th.
Changelist (21.5.76):
- Added 16-team MLB playoff format (need to start new game for changes to apply)
- Fixed MiLB and international league 2021 schedule issues when playing the shortened 2020 season
- Fixed some MLB owner goals after playing the shortened 2020 season
- Fixed online league automator not ignoring pending trades
- Enabled shop player page in online leagues with AI trading
- Fixed 2020 draft import not clearing event, multiple smaller shortened 2020 season issues
- Fixed rare case of not calculating pending FA
- Fixed multiple live start issues
- Fixed HOF voting page not allowing you to vote in some cases
- Various other minor bugfixes & improvements

Two online fixes, and neither seem relevant to the WBL...what exactly are we waiting on them to fix before we move to 21?

Soonerfan09

People to care, mostly. I posted about the previous patch and no one replied.
That’s fair. I thought there might still be some multiplayer issues that needed fixing, but I couldn’t find what the online issues were.
Obviously I’ve been a big proponent of moving forward, but if it’s going to fold the league then I’m fine with waiting. Who are we waiting on?

Ready to move to ‘21:
Soonerfan09
Wolfman21
Yankee151
Karl Hungus
Hayvis
TonyGin&Juice
Rad?

Lolpoors:

Last edited:

Wolfman21

i've been ready. I was gonna just take a break and wait until we moved to 21, but i like some of my young guys in the minors, so i wanted to keep them straight.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Let me know when to upgrade. If I can pry myself away from restoring classic cameras I might even export on the regular again!