• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2083 Draft Thread

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
That was the start of crazy string of trades where @jdlikewhoa and I traded GOAT pitchers back and forth between Naz, Campbell and Naka, with HOF catcher Roddis thrown in there.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
@Karl Hungus

Had a tough decision. Went offensive OF. Coulple MIFs I wanted too.

EDIT: Ended up going with Hernandez because of his IF ratings. I think he could be a four corners guy.

I'm willing to trade future picks to get back into the early 2nd round.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Ugh, Dawburn is Irish? Give me a break, who takes an Irish reliever with the 1-4? @goblue96

giphy.gif

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I just got a reliever that OSA rated as 5 stars and my scout 4 stars OSA 70/50/60 F. Smith 70/50/50. Good stats with a 3rd (crap) pitch and 60 stamina.... WITH THE 27TH PICK... WHAT THE FUCK Y'ALL DOING?

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
He's a five star reliever with a third pitch and a good chance of becoming 70/50/60. That's better rating than the guy I'm using as SP with an ERA of 3.6. Oh and he can play 1B badly. In a pitcher starved league, I'M TAKING HIM.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
It’s not a reliever starved league. That said, he’s interesting to me compared to some of the other relievers available late in the first, I considered him.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I also liked that he was a high school arm compared to the other relievers that had some solid ratings at the time. Good second round get

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
He'll probably never live up to the potential, get injured and explode.... :laughing: That's what normally happens to my players. I love relievers, as I think now we have followers on, you can get more out of them.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Relievers usually go late first for GOATS and second for really good ones. Even Travis drafted one early this year so I’m at a loss for what y’all doing

1. I didn't actually look at this years draft class and drafted from my phone while watching a movie, so I basically just took the one player I was 100% sure would make my roster. When I looked more closely there were a couple players taken later that I might have taken instead, including the guy I got in the 2nd.

2. He's got 80 stamina so he should fit well as a stopper to throw 150+ innings for me, so I value him more than a typical RP. I've been trying to fill the stopper role through FA or whatever players I have left after injuries and it has been hit/miss. I just started drafting for the role and the guy I drafted last year who will be in the WBL next season but probably won't be ready to play stopper until another year. We'll see how the strategy to draft stoppers high turns out! After having all the SPs I draft die, I'm trying a new strategy!

3. I like college pitchers who are mostly developed and have no injury history, because it is less time for them to get hurt since he'll only be in my minor league system for a year at most. I have a good young team right now with some good prospects that are like 1-2 years out as well. He projects as 60/55/65 current ratings going into next season as a stopper and that's good enough to make my team by 2085 and fit in with my YOUTHS.