• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2082 Season Thread

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Jut feeling relieved I executed Becerra' ludicrous 10m team option which doesn't seem so (at all) bad now!

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
To me, he still, at best, a 2* bum if you put him at 2B and his contact reaches 55, to me.

He's a 4 star relief pitcher too so that may play into it. I'm more or less testing a theory, as I saw him and another guy, Knud Sand for cheap on IFA (I threw my budget at them as I thought someone might think the same but they didn't). I figured that as they were two way players (genuine), they were hiding much higher true ratings, and I reckon I'm correct. I couldn't see these guys being generated as bums.

Last edited:

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Wait until they magically come down with a forearm strain and never make it out of AAA. I’m actually curious if we’ve ever had a two way player make it to THE SHOW and put up a career WAR over 2.0.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Wait until they magically come down with a forearm strain and never make it out of AAA. I’m actually curious if we’ve ever had a two way player make it to THE SHOW and put up a career WAR over 2.0.

It's vogue at the moment so the indy devs have gone to town on it. I can't see that they'll get borked. They're good for platooning against lefties and then 80 innings pitched. They look very contrived by the indy devs to do this to me to me.

They'll both win 2 wars as a relief pitcher so the rest is a bonus.

TonyGin&Juice

That’s really where the market inefficiency is at right now in OOTP - relief pitchers that can do more than give you 60 IP of middle relief each season. If I ever get my immersion up from VERY LOW 20/20 I might see about making some of these bums in A and AA that have two mediocre pitches into RF/CF defensive replacements. No reason to continue wasting two roster spots on a RP/defensive sub when you can have one bum do both just as badly for cheaper.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Hiding much higher ratings lol

How does it work then? I thought there were true ratings, and then OSA and scout ratings which are never truly on point? Or does it work in some other way? Call me ignorant, but my hunch on these two players seems to be panning out to be more than suspicion, especially when IFA is normally a total crap shoot.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
He's still 17, plenty of time for him to end up really only having one pitch or no control. :dunno:

I know. I would just wager that his and Sands ship comes in. I don't know how the game is coded, but there mut be more than random chance to player progression to prevent the entire league becoming bums/stars.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
YES!!!! I'VE SIGNED ANOTHER USED TO BE GOOD OVER THE HILL PITCHER THAT WILL LAST MME HALF A SEAZSON!!

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
How does it work then? I thought there were true ratings, and then OSA and scout ratings which are never truly on point? Or does it work in some other way? Call me ignorant, but my hunch on these two players seems to be panning out to be more than suspicion, especially when IFA is normally a total crap shoot.
Even true ratings change. It’s what makes the game dynamic. You seem too be searching for something that doesn’t exist.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Even true ratings change. It’s what makes the game dynamic. You seem too be searching for something that doesn’t exist.

I know but if the true ratings are better as a starting point (like a top prospect) ur percentage chance of success is higher. Watch these two players and mock me if they don't turn out as I predict.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
@Orlando , I know what I'm saying is pretty spurious, but I absolutely believe that OOTP 20 was coded to include more 2-way players, and if you can spot them, you're getting a decent player. It's fun believing things are there even if it's not true. I just reckon they shoved this stuff in to work somehow.

TonyGin&Juice

Luis Gomez could actually be a two-way player. Probably just a v RHP pinch hitter though @TonyGin&Juice
I actually planned on doing that with him this last season but then I went and quit caring about this team. Maybe if this interview with the Greensboro Grasshoppers goes well that immersion might start heading back to VERY HIGH 80/80.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Unfortunately my laptop has crapped out and I don't quite have the money for a quick fix yet, so that will be a no :(

Was it ur trackpad? Sylvie spilt a glass of water over my macbook, and it fucked the entire keyboard, so I use this wireless mini keyboard (and make loads of spelling mistakes as a result) -