• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2082 Season Thread

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
That was my reaction to realizing I had signed him, not to you fretting over the loss, btw!

I have Oudin one more year, so needed another quality arm. I'll call McKeggie up this year, and I guess I'm moving a few starters to the 'pen. Not the most financially efficient pitching staff, but trying to plug holes in this market is tough. Should have a quality rotation and hopefully my 'pen can step it up this season. Lineup largely unchanged.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
I've signed a couple of bums already but no one that's a spark plug game changer (or Extremely Popular). Right now I think I'm bidding against myself or maybe @Orlando to pay so over 30 #3/#4 starter $25M AAV for three years.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
There are some bargains out there, guys are getting desperate.

@goblue96 Are you going to sign any free agents? You've got nine batters on your roster and most are outfielders. No catchers at all.

My BUM owner has given me almost no money to spend on FAs. So, I've had to go bargain hunting the minor-league deal with a vesting major-league option to straight up minor league deals. I've signed a bunch of AAAA BUM talent.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
We have eight days until spring training. I have been simming three days at a time during FA. Right now we can either do two four-day sims to finish the off season, or I can do two three-day sims and then one final day to get your panic offers in. Thoughts?

jdlikewhoa

I've signed a couple of bums already but no one that's a spark plug game changer (or Extremely Popular). Right now I think I'm bidding against myself or maybe @Orlando to pay so over 30 #3/#4 starter $25M AAV for three years.
You could always pay Nava 25M a year. At least he’s a #2. I’ll give you the friends and family discount

Last edited:

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Eh, it's only two years. It looks like Brunet may end up with a higher AAV for longer, too.

Shane Keep needs to fire his agent or he's never going to play again. He's asking for $22m, lol. Keep is one of the most underrated guys in the league (and one of my favorites) and it's going to be a shame to see him just disappear into the ether of permanent free agency.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
@Karl Hungus - Fan interest is at 79, but I think it will drop to 70 or maybe even lower when they realise wheelchair Pob isn't coming back. Is that good enough?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
No one was bidding against me at first. Dude mulled over my deal for weeks.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Eh, it's only two years. It looks like Brunet may end up with a higher AAV for longer, too.

Shane Keep needs to fire his agent or he's never going to play again. He's asking for $22m, lol. Keep is one of the most underrated guys in the league (and one of my favorites) and it's going to be a shame to see him just disappear into the ether of permanent free agency.
I think both deals are fair for Mosca and Brunet. Rosas is still out there, but his price tag seems high coming off a career year with your defense.

Keep was great for me last year and was paid a pretty decent salary, but he opted out to try to get 2.5X for 5 years.

Wolfman21

We have eight days until spring training. I have been simming three days at a time during FA. Right now we can either do two four-day sims to finish the off season, or I can do two three-day sims and then one final day to get your panic offers in. Thoughts?

Im for whatever gets us to ST and opening day quickest

Wolfman21

heh, I got an email from a player that i had made a couple offers to earlier in FA but he rejected them all, wanting more money and years so I stopped making offers. In the email, he says, "Hi, i know we had started contract talks before, but after surveying the market a little more, I would be interested in talking again. Please feel free to submit a new offer and we can resume negotiations." Never seen that before. pretty neat. His request is a 1 year deal now....i dig it

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Unless someone comes up with a convincing argument against it, I'll do two four-day sims and then it will be opening day.

Wolfman21

two 4 day sims from February 21st will get us to opening day?

giphy.gif