• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2079 Season Thread

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
The WBL is filled with mysteries. Are we upgrading to 20?

I default to @Yankee151 and @Orlando on this. The switch to 19 caused some issues behind the scenes.

This sim will have some economic housekeeping. I need to get everyone's markets back to BEL AVG, most of you'll have done too good of a job on the business side of things and grown to AVG. I say most of you'll, because @jdlikewhoa has somehow shrunk his market to SMALL.

@TonyGin&Juice I believe you had a nickname request for someone a while back? I can't find it now.

@hayvis I will see if your ticket prices can be changed. What do you want them to be set at?

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
@hayvis I will see if your ticket prices can be changed. What do you want them to be set at?

After all that I might just keep them the same. I've borked the finances, so no need to shrink my market. I can do a perfectly good job of that myself. On the plus side, I think I've finally got to grips with every facet of the game. Disappointed in fucking up the first draft but this one apart from the first pick (who didn't sign anyway) went quite well. I should be able to get my team straight in a few years...

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I default to @Yankee151 and @Orlando on this. The switch to 19 caused some issues behind the scenes.

This sim will have some economic housekeeping. I need to get everyone's markets back to BEL AVG, most of you'll have done too good of a job on the business side of things and grown to AVG. I say most of you'll, because @jdlikewhoa has somehow shrunk his market to SMALL.

@TonyGin&Juice I believe you had a nickname request for someone a while back? I can't find it now.

Will that screw with current budget?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Will that screw with current budget?
Budgets should be set. You might see next years’ prediction change.

As far as 20, I really don’t care what you guys do. If you all want to switch versions, go for it. I’d recommend testing a switch, especially with the website and draft, etc.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I'm mostly interested in the financials of 20. It seems like guys are requesting crazy extensions which makes sense: why give up FA if you aren't getting a great deal as a player?

The flip side is that in this league trading has become dead. The available FAs rights now (with tons signing) are still great.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I'm mostly interested in the financials of 20. It seems like guys are requesting crazy extensions which makes sense: why give up FA if you aren't getting a great deal as a player?

The flip side is that in this league trading has become dead. The available FAs rights now (with tons signing) are still great.

I think one of the reasons that trades have dried up is that there are too many great players. I feel that the stretch between good and great should be bigger. It would be better iif it was a 10 star system. To me 5 doesn't seem like enough to me.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
To me I don't think there's another reasonable explanation for the lack of trading to me.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Trading is dead for me because when I offer players I get back 5th round pick offers for them. I got zero offers for Duane Wells, a mid 20s 4.5 WAR CF (And multiple gold glove winner)

doh

I think one of the reasons that trades have dried up is that there are too many great players. I feel that the stretch between good and great should be bigger. It would be better iif it was a 10 star system. To me 5 doesn't seem like enough to me.
+ we went from 18 teams to 16.

I tried to trade for some guys who were going to be FAs who walked. People rather let them walk for zero because you can sign other good FAs IMO at this point.

Lack of activity is partially connected to lack of trading too. The best part of this league is trading.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.

Willie Horton needs the nickname “Lost Weekend”. Reasons should be obvious.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
+ we went from 18 teams to 16.

I tried to trade for some guys who were going to be FAs who walked. People rather let them walk for zero because you can sign other good FAs IMO at this point.

Lack of activity is partially connected to lack of trading too. The best part of this league is trading.
You can sign good FAs because there is little competition.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
It sort of all amounts to the same thing. People are acquiring good players too easily to want to trade (other than myself who's steamrolled his franchise into a shitheap). Did the league adjust it's player pool when it shrank to 16 teams? Is there any way of making CPU teams better at trades, FA and draft picks?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
It doesn’t amount to the same thing. CPU/bare active teams don’t participate in FA. That’s my whole point.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
It doesn’t amount to the same thing. CPU/bare active teams don’t participate in FA. That’s my whole point.

By the same thing I meant people getting hold of good players too easily. The whole system is screwed if the CPU doesn't participate in FA.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
We used to only have 0-2 CPU at a time teams so it didn’t really matter. I have no idea how many CPU teams we have, but it’s seems like maybe 8 teams are active and some are tanking I’m sure.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
We used to only have 0-2 CPU at a time teams so it didn’t really matter. I have no idea how many CPU teams we have, but it’s seems like maybe 8 teams are active and some are tanking I’m sure.

It doesn't help that I have been learning on the job. In a few seasons I should be some competition.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I think to make CPU better at trades we would need to augment OOTP with Azure AI/ML and a user interface with chatbot capabilities.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
The only thing I actually care about is the visual layout of the menus. I'm still pissed about OOTP 19 because it added nothing and was a horrible downgrade in menu visuals. Someone post 2020 with some nicer looking menus and you might have me.

We haven't had a change that actually affected the WBL in several iterations, so I see no reason to continue to "upgrade" on an annual basis if it isn't actually upgrading anything for our league.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
The only thing I actually care about is the visual layout of the menus. I'm still pissed about OOTP 19 because it added nothing and was a horrible downgrade in menu visuals. Someone post 2020 with some nicer looking menus and you might have me.

We haven't had a change that actually affected the WBL in several iterations, so I see no reason to continue to "upgrade" on an annual basis if it isn't actually upgrading anything for our league.

It's completely different visually. They've used a different font.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison

doh

Anyone out there want to cockbuster? I don't even know what I want but I'll sell or buy. I just need that big trade feeling in my veins again.