• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2075 Season Thread

Soonerfan09

My pitcher threw on short rest because I was 3 pitchers short and blew his arm out, but it has nothing to do with the sim not being taken. Got it.
It doesn't. Injuries are random af, especially with arms being blown out. Who is it that threw on short rest anyway? Cedeno has been hurt since 5/31, but you still had him in the rotation. Francisco Diaz tore his tricep on 6/21 after throwing 9 pitches, but that was the first time he has pitched since 6/15.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Actually, you're right. I'm not sure - maybe I was looking at the wrong player.

Regardless, lost 5/6 (in part) because I was down 3 -> 4 arms this sim. Pretty much the nail in the coffin for Dublin, see you guys next year.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Dublin's Amicis to Miss Season
Monday, July 1st, 2075

When Dublin center fielder Aberto Amicis was taken out of the game, the crowd at the Distillers-Flying Whites game went silent as they could tell that it was a serious injury. That was confirmed today by doctors when they revealed that Amicis had sustained a broken bone in the elbow and will be out for about 8 months.

For the year Amicis is hitting .356 with 5 home runs. His stats include 33 runs batted in and 48 runs scored.

Edward-Norton-Closing-Laptop.gif

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I punished hisself on the 6-day sim by injuring my own player, probably would've been fine if I just 7-day simmed!

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
URS to Love went down. I have five major injuries now, three to my rotation.

I'm not sure I've seen a good, healthy year for this bunch since their first, when they won a Shampship ahead of schedule.

Looking around, there are several teams with 5-6 injuries. UK has a ton, although a couple DTD.

Not complaining about the league, just thinking aloud. Might try mixing things up a bit this off-season

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
All but 1 guy in my rotation has missed a month or so. 2 guys are done for season. I've got them all on pitch counts. It's a bit odd this year.

I actually think the issue is with injuries set to the lowest setting, they are much more significant than on medium. The reason being is there are fewer injuries so when you lose someone (and your competition doesn't) it hurts a lot more. I think raising injuries to medium would even things out because there'd be more injuries and they'd be better distributed.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Well we haven’t tried medium, but I did increase them and that wasn’t the case. Everyone lost their shit.

doh

Yeah I mean I'd be fine with it. I think the issue is let's say the game on low will have 20 major injuries to players... if 5 go to one team, it's all out of whack vs. if we have 50 major injuries, the odds of teams getting screwed are way lower.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Not really. The less injuries the last chance you have of getting them. People will think they are getting screwed over either way.

doh

Not if everyone is getting them. Then they have less of an impact vs. if the injuries are concentrated on one team.

doh

Guess so.

I've gone super aggressive for the first time with picks. 10th (Kirkpatrick) and 11th (Jomo) overall picks last draft are already in WBL and AAA. This has been a topic of conversation on here a few times but anyone with ideas on pushing guys through system quickly?

Obviously different for college and I feel like fielding wise you lose out for hitters but does anyone think it matters much for pitchers?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I’ve always moved position players through fairly quickly, especially college. One of my picks from last year just won RotM. Pitchers are a different story, especially HS arms. In my experience they have almost always needed multiple seasons in A-ball.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Riggers Pitching Ravaged by Mills
Wednesday, August 7th, 2075
Dublin third baseman James Mills went down swinging at The Distillery today, knocking out 5 hits even as his Distillers fell, 6-5.

"It was like I was hitting Little League pitching," Mills said after his 5-for-6 performance against the North Dakota Riggers. "No offense meant to North Dakota, but it was like I was back in little league again -- I could see the ball that well."

No offense @Travis7401

doh

Miami has 8 major injuries? Holy shit @TonyGin&Juice

I suggested this probably in the UBL but since we have staff off does not having a training staff hurt us? Or is it zero effect?