• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2073 Season Thread

Soonerfan09

The committee is heavily considering a middle east Winter Meetings despite the obvious danger. At this point, with Kabul vacant, we may target next season to coincide with an ownership change.
Do we know who the new owner is, or are we just assuming the position will be filled due to the amount of inquiries?

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Thank you for your inquiry. The Winter Meeting Committee defers to the WBL Ownership Recruiting Committee on this issue.

Soonerfan09

Capture.jpg

Capture_2.jpg

HMMM

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Pedro Ferreria walk off homer in the bottom of the 10th wins the ship for LV. UK tied it up with two outs in the 9th. Crazy game/series @NML

NML

Congrats Doh

We bring our whole team back so hopefully we can get a nice budget bump after this run

doh

19 is just $19.99... are we going to it?

I think it's the All-Star Break deal

Soonerfan09

Moscow wins Cy Young, MVP, and Reliever of the Year; still doesn't make it out of the second round. And my dickbag owner drops my budget for the 4th consecutive year, this time by $12M.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Sounds like you need more than 3 good players!

Your owner has nothing to do with your budget. You should raise ticket prices.

Soonerfan09

Sounds like you need more than 3 good players!

Your owner has nothing to do with your budget. You should raise ticket prices.
Those three good players did carry us to a first place finish in the conference of champions, so I think it's a pretty good setup!
2073 was the first year I've dropped ticket prices since I started and I had a higher ending balance than I've had the last three seasons (also had our second highest attendance of all time), so it doesn't make sense to me why my budget would fall at all, much less $12M. Whatevs though. I think the owner matters though.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Budget = revenue - playoff revenue

If you raise your ticket prices you will get a preseason bump for sure based on projected revenue.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Your attendance was 3.8m (not sure if playoff attendance is counted) so you should see a $7m-ish bump, maybe more because your fan interest should bump again. You don't really have much room for a budget increase without upping prices substantially since you are selling out basically all your games. By dropping ticket prices you (unintentionally) did this to yourself.

NML

At the top, ur margins should be super small to have ur budget drop.

That LV has $46m on the next closest team is silly

Soonerfan09

Your attendance was 3.8m (not sure if playoff attendance is counted) so you should see a $7m-ish bump, maybe more because your fan interest should bump again. You don't really have much room for a budget increase without upping prices substantially since you are selling out basically all your games. By dropping ticket prices you (unintentionally) did this to yourself.
Maybe I dropped prices too much. I think I was around $32.50-33.50 the season before, but I was still seeing a budget decrease and I wasn't selling out (although I was bringing about 40k/game). We'll be fine because my big contract guys are all mid-30s, but it does make it hard to build through FA.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
You should be above $30 with your team's track record and fan interest. There was really no reason to drop them.

LV is so high because they have $55 tickets and enough fan interest to carry a decent attendance.

I dunno what @NML means by margins.

NML

I mean that if a team at the top of the budgets has anything but a great season, they should see a budget drop, even if they still make the playoffs. Otherwise it’ll be even tougher for smaller budgets to catch up.

Since the gap hasn’t really changed over the past five or six seasons, we may want to up revenue sharing again. Don’t think it has had any impact.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I mean that if a team at the top of the budgets has anything but a great season, they should see a budget drop, even if they still make the playoffs. Otherwise it’ll be even tougher for smaller budgets to catch up.

Since the gap hasn’t really changed over the past five or six seasons, we may want to up revenue sharing again. Don’t think it has had any impact.
Well, it really just depends on their attendance and a top team's attendance shouldn't really drop. It should lag a little bit. Sooner did this to himself.

I don't think revenue sharing will really have an impact as long as humans are in control. My tests were all just computer ran teams. Doh will just raise his prices. None of the computer teams went that high.

NML

Well surely there’s still a point where LV would lose revenue if he raised them too high

Idk, there’s just a massive gap between them and everyone else. I think the grouping below that is relatively fair

doh

I paid $27m in revenue sharing last year... that wasn't enough?

COMMUNISM RULEZ

My budget was $216m 6 seasons ago. It hasn't really gone up.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I paid $27m in revenue sharing last year... that wasn't enough?

COMMUNISM RULEZ

My budget was $216m 6 seasons ago. It hasn't really gone up.

$22m. You'll pay $27m this year haha.

I did ask you not to raise them so high out of courtesy, but I think you just ignored me.

doh

$22m. You'll pay $27m this year haha.

I did ask you not to raise them so high out of courtesy, but I think you just ignored me.
Ticket Prices? I don't remember that.

I mean I pay so much in revenue sharing/have some highly paid players that I need my budget this high.