• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2073 Season Thread

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
attachment.php

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Oh wtf, Andres suffered a setback on the day he was supposed to return? These injuries are bullshit.

Callum Seal was due to come back this week, too, but once I get into the game I see that he's "still suffering from a strained oblique, and that right now it's unclear when a full recovery can be expected"

:thumbsup:

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Not sure I'll be able to field a full team for much longer at this rate. :Straight-Face:

Hahahaha, and the guy I was going to bring up from AAA so Mauro could rest his ankle for a week, he got hurt this sim. Yesssssssssss

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Injuries do seem a little worse this year. I've had 3/5 of my starting rotation hurt at some point and 10 minor leaguers hurt currently (with way more than that earlier this year).

Soonerfan09

This has been one of my better seasons as far as injuries go. I’m sure my whole team will die the week before the playoffs start.

NML

Yep - I had 6+ out all of last season, pretty much injury free so far this year (knock on wood)

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Prolly gon sim tomorrow morning before I go watch the games unless someone desperately needs more time in the middle of August, after that will return to irregularly scheduled evening sims

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
This season is setting up perfect for Tony to fail upwards into the 4th spot in the TL (which of course will lead to SHIP #3)

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Amicis has been DTD since 8/3 and Eyup has been DTD since 7/19. Unknown recovery time. I mean what are with these injuries? I stuck them on the bench and forgot about it, I didn't realize it had been so long. Do you have to DL after a week or so?

This game sucks now.

Soonerfan09

Amicis has been DTD since 8/3 and Eyup has been DTD since 7/19. Unknown recovery time. I mean what are with these injuries? I stuck them on the bench and forgot about it, I didn't realize it had been so long. Do you have to DL after a week or so?

This game sucks now.
I always DL guys with unknown injury time and within a week or two I’m given the diagnosis.

We shoulda went to 19 when it was on sale. It might still be...

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Do they have to be on the DL for the trainers to give them an icebath? DTD takes weeks to diagnose? Indy devs, man

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Aren’t the DTD injuries diagnosed they just don’t have a clear recovery time?

Soonerfan09

Is that a yes?
I believe so. Looking at Dublin's roster, Amicis and Makal both have unknown recovery times, but their injuries are listed. Amicis has back stiffness that has had him DTD since August 2nd, and Makal has had wrist soreness since July 19th. I guess I don't see what's so unrealistic about DTD injuries. They can both still play, and have, just at a slightly lower level. I feel that these injuries occur in real life, especially over the course of 162 games. Even more so when you force them to play through the injuries instead of resting them.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Agree with you. I also see how they are an annoyance in online leagues simming a week at a time.

Soonerfan09

Agree with you. I also see how they are an annoyance in online leagues simming a week at a time.
I can definitely see how some owners are annoyed by it, especially when they are hit hard like Karl and Rad, I just don't see it as being a problem with the game itself.