• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2072 Off Season Thread

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
You probably saw the 45 million and assumed I wouldn't be dumb enough to pay that much in 2 years!

Wolfman21

You probably saw the 45 million and assumed I wouldn't be dumb enough to pay that much in 2 years!

i offered something like 24 million for one season. 33 years old, he was injured 3 times last season and his ratings started to drop. I mean, two years isn't that bad with the way money is in this league. Everyone has 50+ mil to spend so why not drop it wherever. Now that there are no contract rules, its gonna be even better!

Wolfman21

i do love the fact that the two world series contestants had about 170 million combined to spend in the postseason this offseason.

and im prolly underestimating that. If he had close to what i've got, which looking at his salaries, he prolly did...its prolly around 200 million. That seems....broken

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
i do love the fact that the two world series contestants had about 170 million combined to spend in the postseason this offseason.

and im prolly underestimating that. If he had close to what i've got, which looking at his salaries, he prolly did...its prolly around 200 million. That seems....broken

NOTHING TO SEE HERE. GO BACK TO WATCHING TRADING SPACES.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison

I don't think it is broken, I think we both just happen to have very cheap young rosters. Yours is also cheap because you've done a good job letting people walk when you should and avoiding TONY contracts. UR budget is 3rd highest and a notch above the pack at like 180M, but considerably lower than LV or Moscow. My current budget is about 160M, which is right in the middle of the pack of playoff teams and pretty much average for what I've had over the past few decades. I'm coming off a season where my roster had perfect timing on the rebuild, basically. My best players were 490k last season and most of them still are, therefore I came into the off season with SHIP winning roster that only cost $70M in payroll and didn't have any holes other than needing 1 more RP. I spent 40M on 2 RPs and a backup SP to give me an upgrade and more depth then had another $40M to spend in IFA.

Once all my young players actually make ARB money next year, half my free $ gonna dry up. Once I need to sign them to TONY contracts I'll be just another bloated team playing $20M a year to guys who should have retired 2 years ago.

TonyGin&Juice

I don't think it is broken, I think we both just happen to have very cheap young rosters. Yours is also cheap because you've done a good job letting people walk when you should and avoiding TONY contracts. UR budget is 3rd highest and a notch above the pack at like 180M, but considerably lower than LV or Moscow. My current budget is about 160M, which is right in the middle of the pack of playoff teams and pretty much average for what I've had over the past few decades. I'm coming off a season where my roster had perfect timing on the rebuild, basically. My best players were 490k last season and most of them still are, therefore I came into the off season with SHIP winning roster that only cost $70M in payroll and didn't have any holes other than needing 1 more RP. I spent 40M on 2 RPs and a backup SP to give me an upgrade and more depth then had another $40M to spend in IFA.

Once all my young players actually make ARB money next year, half my free $ gonna dry up. Once I need to sign them to TONY contracts I'll be just another bloated team playing $20M a year to guys who should have retired 2 years ago.

Something is very broken in the budget part of the game engine. Teams that tank get penalized very quickly with massive budget drops and never recover their fan interest or fan loyalty.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I tanked down for 3 losing seasons, including getting the #2 overall pick and my budget certainly dropped and my fan interest plummeted, but then I TRIED WINNING INSTEAD. Even after the ship my budget and fan interest haven't completely recovered, but they probably will with 1 or 2 more winning seasons in a row.

TonyGin&Juice

I tanked down for 3 losing seasons, including getting the #2 overall pick and my budget certainly dropped and my fan interest plummeted, but then I TRIED WINNING INSTEAD. Even after the ship my budget and fan interest haven't completely recovered, but they probably will with 1 or 2 more winning seasons in a row.

Did you ever have a budget below $100M? Also seriously doubt your fan loyalty dropped at all.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I believe fan loyalty is fixed and tied to the team?

and yes I started with a budget of 90M. After my last place finish 3 years ago I was down around 105 or 110 again? Then I won more and got up to 130 and then I WON MORE again and got back to 160.

TonyGin&Juice

I believe fan loyalty is fixed and tied to the team?

and yes I started with a budget of 90M

I'm tom bout when you were "tanking". Fixed Fan Loyalty sounds like a terrible idea unless it has no impact on budget. My Fan Loyalty has definitely changed over the years but never got about mediocre.

NML

Fan loyalty and market size are the same for everyone. They are set and do not fluctuate.

Fan interest does, however

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Teams with decades of sustained success have high fan loyalty? What a broken engine.

The complaint that it isn't FAIR that tanking tanks ur budget is so absurd. If anything, tanking is too successful/easy to recover from in this game, lol. Look at AMD's turnaround from their lowest point and they are already back at the 160M budget.

NML

One thing that might be hurting the distribution of budgets is that the revenue sharing has no affect for some teams. If you are a bad team that has a profit, all the revenue sharing is taken by the owner

For example, because I finished so far under budget, I had a profit of like $12m last year. I think I got $16m in revenue sharing, but my owner took $18m haha. If a good team finishes with a big profit, the revenue sharing doesn’t hurt them either.

Since budget is only based on revenue from the previous year, it only serves as a cash replacement.

NML

Not sure why I thought loyalty was set. I guess teams that have won forever and teams that have lost forever are only 1 apart so it’s probably not super significant

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I think Helga, ND, and Kabul are 10, Vegas is 9 but it really doesn't matter that much. The real advantage of winning is ability to charge $30+ for tickets

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Miami's loyalty would also likely be higher if the team was still in Key West! That's what you get for moving a franchise and changing all the branding!

Wolfman21

i lost avalos and my fan interest dropped from the 90's down to 82. My revenue is projected to drop 27% this season. Coming off of two world series appearances......i let my closer walk whos making 25+million a season somewhere else.......and my projected revenue per game is 27% lower and my projected budget goes from 180k to 143k

jesus...one player

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
It should bounce back if you win. I think part of loyalty has to be connected to roster turnover and loyalty to players. @doh has never really had extreme loyalty, so I have to think there is something else to the equation other than sustained winning.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
@Wolfman that shit is all projections. If you finish 1st again it won't matter. Fan interest in the off-season is something you can and should manipulate to sell season tickets, but letting him walk isn't going to kill ur budget.

Wolfman21

@Wolfman that shit is all projections. If you finish 1st again it won't matter. Fan interest in the off-season is something you can and should manipulate to sell season tickets, but letting him walk isn't going to kill ur budget.

itll still matter some as i won't sell as many season tickets and the first 1/4 of my season or so will see lower tickets sold than normal so i won't make the money i've made the last two seasons.

And sure, i get player loyalty. But dropping from the mid 90's to 82 because i let my closer walk? thats a bit damn extreme. Thats something i'd expect to see if i got rid of Zuydam who is a fan favorite...not my closer who is just a "hard worker"

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Wolfman just finishes saying how maybe there is something BROKEN because he has too much money.... then complains because his fans are mad that he's such a cheap ass. :laughing:

It is almost like you people just complain for the sake of complaining.

Wolfman21

Wolfman just finishes saying how maybe there is something BROKEN because he has too much money.... then complains because his fans are mad that he's such a cheap ass. :laughing:

It is almost like you people just complain for the sake of complaining.

what do either of those things have to do with each other? The money mechanics on this game have always been broken, which is why there WERE house rules set. I'll just continue signing my best players to 7 year 7 million dollar per deals and having 60+ mil to spend every offseason whether i'm competing or not. Only guys like tony have an issue with not having enough money. Its really damn simple, especially now with no house rules outside of the 1 year of arb, to have plenty of money whether you're competing or not.

Soonerfan09

Are we sure Market Size is fixed? Moscow has a below average market, but I'm pretty sure there were a few seasons in the mid-late 60s where it was average, but I could be wrong.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Are we sure Market Size is fixed? Moscow has a below average market, but I'm pretty sure there were a few seasons in the mid-late 60s where it was average, but I could be wrong.
You may have caught it before we changed it back to below average. We check them each offseason.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I'll sell my next 3 year's 4th and 5th rounders in a package deal for 4M in cash any takers

EDIT: AND IT'S GONE

Last edited:

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Now I traded Vreke... anyone got infielders? I just realized I'm out of them.