• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2072 Off Season Thread

NML

You can tell my immersion is HIGH when I actually use the BTT Tool to analyze my depth chart! I'm predicting 21.4 BATTER WARS based on my current 13 position players. It is funny to compare this depth chart back to previous versions I posted where I had more BATTER WARS predicted, but also had less consistency and depth.

PREDICTION = 87-92 wins
-Batter Wars = 21

-Based on the quality of my starting rotation and bullpen I figure I'll get another 20-25 WARS from pitching. Probably the best pitching staff I've ever had.
-Assuming replacement level players get 46 wins

Areas I could/should upgrade to optimize the roster:
1. Backup Catcher
2. Swap one of the LHB 1Bs for a big RHB for platoon possibilities
3. Could upgrade at LF

41396794661_a83eb21618_b.jpg

I've got you at 26.34 WAR. Just FYI, you've got 184 at 1B and 140 at DH - I assume 22 of Suat's games are at DH.
[xtable=188x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=124x@}Richard Gaynon{/td}
{td=64x@}4.94{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Griff Dent{/td}
{td}3.26{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Patrício Laurentino{/td}
{td}4.25{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Adrián Fuentes{/td}
{td}0.20{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Guillermo Sosa{/td}
{td}1.96{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Suat Tasilova{/td}
{td}0.10{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Marc Chabot{/td}
{td}2.21{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Butrus Nuri{/td}
{td}1.14{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Alvin Clark{/td}
{td}0.58{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Tosya Zatevahin{/td}
{td}0.00{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Daniel Hatfield{/td}
{td}1.64{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Rubén Hernández{/td}
{td}2.21{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Odoardo Janeira{/td}
{td}1.80{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Kiyomitsu Ohayashi{/td}
{td}0.00{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Amadeu Riba{/td}
{td}0.00{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Ulrich Rosen{/td}
{td}2.03{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}TOTAL{/td}
{td}26.34{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Last edited:

NML

So Gaynon had a significantly bloated WAR because of his SSS wRC+ last year (223). Putting it at 125 (a slight improvement over his 115 from the previous year), and he drops to 2.5 and you go to 23.9. Then we basically just have a 1.5 difference on Laurentino and 1 on Griff - looks like you expect both their bats to come back down

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Those actually look pretty reasonable, did you adjust ur equations? We're close on my players and miles apart on the FA guys. I just don't understand the juxtaposition between my players and the FA guys....

You predicted Rosen to have 2.0 WARS
http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com/game/lgreports//players/player_8785.html

While you predicted PIMPLE to have 3.1 WARS
http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com//game/lgreports/players/player_8596.html

Similarly, you predict Janeira to have 1.8 wars
http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com/game/lgreports//players/player_4568.html

While you predict this creature to have 1.5 wars
http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com//game/lgreports/players/player_12353.html

NML

Pimple’s bat was twice as good as Rosen’s last year. Now Rosen’s is a SSS and is likely to improve... but he’s still only 30 bats into his career and will likely still have some growing pains. I’m predicting they will both regress to the middle, but still be a gap there.

Odgers had a 1.2 WAR in 84 games last year, and .7 in 66 games the year before lol

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Pimple’s bat was twice as good as Rosen’s last year. Now Rosen’s is a SSS and is likely to improve... but he’s still only 30 bats into his career and will likely still have some growing pains. I’m predicting they will both regress to the middle, but still be a gap there.

Odgers had a 1.2 WAR in 84 games last year, and .7 in 66 games the year before lol
Pimblett’s stats last year aren’t really where you should be looking. He’s 35 and was trending down. Last year was the notorious random old man strength year.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Pimblett’s stats last year aren’t really where you should be looking. He’s 35 and was trending down. Last year was the notorious random old man strength year.
He tore up September after dealing with 2 injuries earlier. But not much else

NML

He’s not trending down doe, in fact he’s trended up his last two years. I’m not expecting him to continue to trend up, but it’s reasonable that a guy who, seemingly, hasn’t lost a step will hit the average of his last two years

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
In search of: catcher with contact of at least 50. Somebody is gonna pay McLean $20M AAV and I'm out of the overpaying old guys game.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
PIMPLE sees your statistical debate and raises the stakes! Good thing you'll didn't money mouth yet!

[xtable=cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|665x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=top|110x@} {/td}
{td=top|555x@}Wade Shows Up to Camp...Different
Monday, February 29th, 2072
Pimblett laughs when asked about his weight loss, "The first thing one of the boys asked is - where's the rest of you? And you know, he had a point."

Over the last several months, Wade Pimblett was working out harder, more often and more diligently than he ever had in his life and the results are obvious. Said the United Kingdom Kings shortstop, "I haven't literally lost a ton but I sure feel like I have."

It is widely expected that the 35 year old Pimblett will see a lot better results on the field. Said one anonymous scout, "Wade has always been an amazing athlete held back by his weight. With this change, I think he is in store to have a career year."{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I like using WPA looking at RPs because WAR doesn't illustrate how important moments are for them.

87.1 IP in playoffs - 0.1 WPA
1281.0 in regular season - 39.5 WPA

Soonerfan09

Last season, Julio Garcia had a 2.6 WPA in 76 innings and won the Reliever of the Year award. He had a -.09 WPA in 5.2 innings in the postseason.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I was really just in awe of that personallyp description. Never seen one that bad.
This one is great.

Weiner has very little loyalty, often shows a lack of effort, and is slow to learn from experience. He doesn't tend to make many friends.
High: Greed
Low: Leader, Loyalty, Work Ethic, Intelligence

Soonerfan09

I think doh has stolen almost every single FA I’ve tried to sign this season. I take solace in the fact that Castro will miss the entire season.