• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2071 Season Thread

kingssc

lol-duck.gif

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I will be back monday, although i'm passing out as soon as i get home so the sim won't be till like 4am

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Isnt Kings on vacation too? Guess this is just the WBL spring break season

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Noice. Hope you had a drink in hand from the moment you landed up until having to return to the mainland!

NML

Been messing around with some prediction stuff lately. Today, I ran everyone's team through the numbers to spit out a predicted standings for the year - thought I'd say share it with you'll. Some notes first:

1) its based on ur active roster right now. So anyone hanging out in AAA, on assignment, or on the DL, wasn't included. If anyone on ur active roster is hurt, they were included as if they were not

2) for pitchers, all starters have the same weight (200 IP), as do relievers (varied from 55 to 82 depending on ur staff and rotation size). Filling out IP for each role would've made this take way too long.

3) most non-catcher starters got 150 games, sans DH who got 162. Did 110/52 for right/left platoons which is a number I made up. Things like "every fifth start" weren't considered and I would assign the remaining 12 games to obvious backups. For catchers, I looked at current splits and went from there, normally 120/42.

4) since these are median predictions, the standings are more of a cluster than they will be at the end of the year. Some teams will have lots of injuries, some will have several players over-perform, etc.

5) because of the variables - namely last year's production - elite rookies breaking into the majors are likely undervalued. Mediocre rookies are slightly overvalued. Declining veterans are slightly overvalued. Player's with a SSS last year will vary.

6) Elite players - like MVP elite - are undervalued.

7) Fielding production was based off player's position rating. Meaning, if ur starting third baseman is a shortstop in the game, his defensive value was based on him playing at SS with his SS rating.

8) these are schedule-neutral, so playing in varsity means ur real predicted record would be worse, and vice versa for JV

WORLD LEAGUE
Amsterdam: 95-67
False Bay: 88-74
Lisbon: 86-76
Dublin: 85-77
Helsingborg: 80-82
United Kingdom: 80-82
Seoul: 79-83
North Dakota: 75-87

TOPIA LEAGUE
Moscow: 95-67
Las Vegas: 89-73
Kabul: 86-76
Buffalo: 77-85
Cairo: 72-90
Little Rock: 72-90
Miami: 71-91
Istanbul: 65-97

Wolfman21

Been messing around with some prediction stuff lately. Today, I ran everyone's team through the numbers to spit out a predicted standings for the year - thought I'd say share it with you'll. Some notes first:

1) its based on ur active roster right now. So anyone hanging out in AAA, on assignment, or on the DL, wasn't included. If anyone on ur active roster is hurt, they were included as if they were not

2) for pitchers, all starters have the same weight (200 IP), as do relievers (varied from 55 to 82 depending on ur staff and rotation size). Filling out IP for each role would've made this take way too long.

3) most non-catcher starters got 150 games, sans DH who got 162. Did 110/52 for right/left platoons which is a number I made up. Things like "every fifth start" weren't considered and I would assign the remaining 12 games to obvious backups. For catchers, I looked at current splits and went from there, normally 120/42.

4) since these are median predictions, the standings are more of a cluster than they will be at the end of the year. Some teams will have lots of injuries, some will have several players over-perform, etc.

5) because of the variables - namely last year's production - elite rookies breaking into the majors are likely undervalued. Mediocre rookies are slightly overvalued. Declining veterans are slightly overvalued. Player's with a SSS last year will vary.

6) Elite players - like MVP elite - are undervalued.

7) Fielding production was based off player's position rating. Meaning, if ur starting third baseman is a shortstop in the game, his defensive value was based on him playing at SS with his SS rating.

8) these are schedule-neutral, so playing in varsity means ur real predicted record would be worse, and vice versa for JV

WORLD LEAGUE
Amsterdam: 95-67
False Bay: 88-74
Lisbon: 86-76
Dublin: 85-77
Helsingborg: 80-82
United Kingdom: 80-82
Seoul: 79-83
North Dakota: 75-87

TOPIA LEAGUE
Moscow: 95-67
Las Vegas: 89-73
Kabul: 86-76
Buffalo: 77-85
Cairo: 72-90
Little Rock: 72-90
Miami: 71-91
Istanbul: 65-97

you could have saved yourself alot of time and done an NML version of the dohwer rankings and it would have meant just as much

Wolfman21

Again? When was the first time you said it?

And the forum is dead because people have other interests than a simulation baseball game. This game isnt everyones life...which is good as i was told thats what this league needs

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
If IIRC, you had like four rookies on ur team, which likely made you seem worse than you are

Or maybe ur team is shit

That's true, also one of my rookies has been in the WBL since 2068, but he found the fountain of youth!

NML

I probably need a second analysis for rookies or those with a small sample size from the previous year, based solely off of ratings

Wolfman21

enjoying the ride right now...but theres gonna be some obvious rubber banding with this offense incoming. Urgeses is hitting like an MVP candidate and Laikam is playing well above what i would think is his ceiling. Will be interesting to see how long these guys can keep this up.

kingssc

enjoying the ride right now...but theres gonna be some obvious rubber banding with this offense incoming. Urgeses is hitting like an MVP candidate and Laikam is playing well above what i would think is his ceiling. Will be interesting to see how long these guys can keep this up.
In the same boat, but with regards to my pitching. Was projected to have 63 wins, already about halfway there.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Dat sweep

NML

And plz do trade thread, my poor bullpen blew two games last save because there’s five of them