• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2069 Draft Revisited!

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I wanted to do a WHERE ARE THEY NOW comparison for an older draft, but for some reason the 2069 Draft was the last time I made a draft spreadsheet! I should note that I think this was the first post wooly draft and it therefore had higher than average talent, as there were several players that returned to college after being unsigned by the two teams that were contracted.

1-1
1-2
1-3
1-4
1-5
1-6
1-7
1-8
1-9
1-10
1-11
1-12
1-13
1-14
1-15
1-16

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
1-1 is the famous NAIL HOOK! He's played with Dublin for his entire career and will surely retire a DISTILLER4LIFE! @Mr. Radpants

He was the #1 TROG BAT in the draft and Ma'scout had his potential bat as being 65/65/35/30/75. At one point he even had 45 OF range, so he was a BARELY EVEN A LF! Prospect instead of a true TROG BAT. He could also play some 1B once upon a time when his IF range was 35!

My scout predicted OPS for him was .829 and his actual career OPS is .869!

NAIL HOOK has had one of the best WBL careers imaginable for an ONLY A TROG BAT player, and shows why they can be very valuable if you have a spot available! He's put up 35 WBL WARS WON!
1569278472242.png

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
1-2 is Vincente Lopez, and I had him as the highest rated position player in the draft. Ma'scout had his bat potential at 65/70/55/40/70 and he had the ability to play poorly in CF or +Defense at LF or RF! He was drafted by Istanbul and spent much of his career there before becoming a FAN FAVORITE in PARIS TEXAS! He turned out to be a bit of a liability at CF, which suppressed his WARS WON a bit compared to what he could have done in LF or RF. He's currently sitting at 16.6 WARS WON. Ma'scout predicted OPS was .855 and his actual career OPS is .785. If he had +ZRs at LF or RF instead of like -100 ZRs at CF he probably would have had a 30 WAR career. SHAME ON YANKEE!

@Yankee151 for the draft pick and @hayvis for current team
1569278789140.png

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
At Pick 1-3, the Little Rock Miners selected one of the most talented pitchers in a pitcher heavy draft KOSHO KANDA! Kosho had 70/60/60 potential ratings according to ma'scout with 4 solid pitches and a nice GROUNDBALL tendency. KOSHO had some injuries, but still managed to put together a decent WBL career, especially considering he played in Little Rock for most of it. In 2073 he put together a really nice season for LRM, with an ERA of 2.33 and over 220 innings, finishing 2nd in the PITCHER WIZARD voting. Unfortunately, he was greatly overshadowed by pitchers taken later in the draft!

@bruin and @bruin228 and @OTTO for the draft pick and @Soonerfan09 for the current team

1569279182723.png

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I may have been Buffalo by then? Can't remember if I drafted Mestnikov or not. But I'll take credit for the 16.6 WAR guy over the 0 WAR (but 2 RINGZ) guy!

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
With the 1-4 the Miami Manatees selected LIGHTS OUT LARKIN. Ma'scout had Larkin listed as the 6th best position player on ma'board, but he did have some nice defensive versatility! Larkin was also versatile because he had the ability to play 2B and 3B in addition tot he corner OF spots. Ma'scout had his bat potential at 55/55/50/60/70 and predicted his OPS to be around .757, a little above his actual careeer OPS of .738! Larkin played most of his career in Miami before joining Paris this year. He is currently putting up his best career year hitting, thanks to being platooned against LHP a bit more! I think this was a bit of a reach, because Larkin looked like more of a late 1st round pick.

@TonyGin&Juice for the draft pick and @hayvis for the current team

1569279667649.png

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
With the 1-5 Kabul drafted Nasir Bin Awad, who I had rated as the #2 position player according to ma'scout. He was a well developed middle infield player with good enough range to play a bit of SS and +Fielding at 2B. My scout had his bat potential at 55/66/50/55/60 and a .781 predicted OPS, which is great for a middle infield player. His actual OPS is pretty close, with .776 for his career! He also had a nice set of intangibles and awesome college stats! This is a nice illustration of how valuable a >.750 OPS middle infield player can be! He has 77 ZRs WON at 2B in his career!

He has put up over 30 WARS WON, mostly with Kabul and is now with BORG!

@Wolfman21 or @Otto for the pick and @Orlando for current team.
1569280135425.png

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Nail Hook, reminiscent of Eau Gallie standout from the 1980's Rusty Nail:

1569279780520.png

Nail also had 11 carries for 57 yards in the game. A true IRON man.

I remember when my BFF's dad took him and I down to DRAA field for the Titusville -Eau Gallie game. Of course we didn't buy tickets and go in the game but stood outside one of the endzone chain link fences and watched the game for FREE. MY BFF"s dad told us that Eau Gallie had a player named Rusty Nail and our young selves were incredulous until we heard the PA announcer call out "Petey Joe on the carry, tackled by Rusty Nail." Petey Joe was another story told by BFF"s dad to us, as he was a Freshman starting at QUARTERBACK for the TERRIERS.

Petey Joe was quarterbacking titusville for the very last game I played was suited up for in my ENTIRE athletic career. So THe RUSTY NAIL game must have been in the 1989 season.

That last game of my career was some game. One of the worst offenses in Astronaut history. 4-5 entering the game. We went out for Warm ups and came back into the portable "locker room" and our first year coach had a suprise for us. He said WILBER MARSHALL had sent us a gift and busted out a box of ALTERNATE JERSEYS. All Yellow with Maroon numbers. This must be the first ever ALTERNATE JERSEY game in Astronaut history. We were fired up in our new jersey's but trailed 7-0 with just over a minute left. Titusville was forced to punt and our returner took it home for 56 yard td. GOod thing because we weren't going to score on offense from any distance it seemed.

So the game is tied and goes to OVERTIME with each team getting 4 cracks from the 10. First play our SOPHOMORE QB connects on a jump ball pass to the BEST WR in the back corner of the end zone. Extra point good and the squad that averged 9 points a game is up 14-7. Titusville and PETEY JOE now get thur shot. on third down JOE is sacked back to the 18 yard line. now its 4th and GAME from the 18. What does Joe do? Connects with GERALD Gant for a TD! BTW Gant was in MIDDLE School wit me and in My PE class so he prolly was headed for Astronaut but who knows how he ended up being a TRACK and FOOTBALL Star for TItusville!. ANyway...Titusille lines up for the extra point and BOOM the 6'5" Left Tackle/Defensive Tackle bursts through and blocks the extra point, sending me OUT A WINNER, 14-13!

This was the first time in my HS days we beat Titusville. THis was 1992. Astronaut wouldn't lose to Titusville again until 2007-ish.

I'll quit REVISITING Space COast football now in UR REVISITING SIMULATION Baseball thread now.

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
At 1-6 the RIGGERS took the 1A best SP (same 70/60/55 potential as Kanda but at the time was listed as "neutral). I remember Hicks was more developed (65/55/50 when drafted) than Kanda but was also coming off an injury that season. He played one season of minor league ball in 2070 and was promoted for his CUP OF COFFEE in that same season. He was a starter for the riggers in 2071 and pitched 2 CGSO during the season and 2 more CGSO in the playoffs while taking them to the SHIP. He also won rookie wizard and 2nd in the pitching wizard. He's the best rigger pitcher ever and has been consistent for a decade, winning 3-5 PITCHER WARS per season, other than one injury shortened year. He has a career ERA of 3.15 and a career WHIP of 1.14 in a little over 1,900 innings

1569280742830.png

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
With the 1-7 False Bay selected Joey "knowhaIahmsayin" Mfaki, another one of the ELITE pitchers in the draft class. He was one of those "SPs" that projects better as a relief pitcher, since he had only 2 good pitches. OSA had his potential at 60/65/65 as a SP and 70/65/65 as a reliever. My scout didn't like him nearly as much, projected him to be 60/65/50 as a starter or 65/65/50 as a reliever, but my scout is usually pretty low on pitchers. As you can see, he turned out pretty nicely! He has a career ERA of 2.5 and a career WHIP of 1.19. False bay used him for over 100 innings per season twice, and he does have the stamina to be used in a STOPPER role, but he only has a little over 600 innings pitched so far in his career. He has been reliever of the year twice and been selected to several all star games.

While it would be possible to get him more innings by changing his role on the team, this is a good way to illustrate for @hayvis the difference between a SP and a guy who can be a STOPPER. Mfaki has roughly 600 innings compared to over 1500 innings for Kanda and 1900 innings for Hicks. He has been a phenomenal pitcher, but he's getting between 1/2 and 1/3 the innings total as a starter would.

@jdlikewhoa for the pick and @Mr. Radpants for current team

1569287122464.png

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
With the 1-8 UK selected another awesome SP in Mark Thompson (he was previously selected but not signed by the Gauchos). OSA had his potential ratings at 60/60/60 and he had 4 good pitches and ELITE stamina of 80. My scout had him at 60/60/55 potential. Mark has had an awesome career as a WORKHORSE for the Kings, and has been pretty similar to HICK in that he's consistently been a solid but not elite 3-5 WAR pitcher. He's pitched nearly 2,000 innings with a career ERA of 3.62 and a WHIP of 1.17. He's currently out for the season with an injury

@NML for the draft pick and the current team

1569288075690.png

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
With the 1-9 pick we have another player who was previously drafted but not signed by Buenos Aires and instead was drafted by Lisbon. JEFF was a well developed college player (especially with that extra year) and OSA had him with 65/55/50 potential and my scout also had him at 65/55/50 potential. JEFF had 6 pitches, 70 stamina and was basically WBL ready2roll. Lighting up AA in 2070 before starting 2071 in AAA and finishing the year with 15 starts in the WBL. JEFF pitched over 1700 innings in the WBL and had a decent career as a SP, but his control rating was probably never REALLY a 50 based on his walk numbers. He never really put that part of the game together and it ultimately hurt his ERA, despite the fact that he put up nearly 200Ks one season and regularly had more than 150ks a year. He has a career ERA of 4.17 and a WHIP of 1.45.

1569288446055.png

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
With the 1-10 pick, Singapore selected Naci Aygun who had OSA potential ratings of 70/60/50 and was already pretty far along with development. My scout had him at 70/55/50. Things were looking good for him through the minor leagues and he was rated as the #2 prospect in the WBL and had ratings of 65/60/50, and he pieced together a nice rookie season despite missing 5 weeks due to injury early in the year. Unfortunately he suffered a year long injury in September and then suffered a 15 month long setback to that injury. He was back in 2075 and was a serviceable player for Seoul as a starter or in the bullpen, but never really reached the pre-injury potential. At this point, it is fair to say that his career is probably over as he got shelled in Miami prior to tearing his UCL. He has a career ERA of 3.85 and a career WHIP of 1.26, but he only had 550 good innings. I'm not going to call him a "bust" because he did make the WBL and was productive at times, but injuries crushed a promising potential ACE

@Karl Hungus for the draft pick and @TonyGin&Juice for the shelling/injury year. I'm really scared of the day one of @hayvis prospects is ACTUALLY ruined like this because the hyperbole machine might break.

1569295256482.png

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
With the 1-11 pick, BORG selected CF Sayyar bin Faruq, the highest rated CF in the draft. OSA claimed he had 65 potential contact, 50 potential power, and 30 potential Eye. My scout didn't like his bat as much and had him at 55/60/45/30/75 bat potential, which is pretty accurate to see how it played out. I thought he was "barely a CF" because he only had 60 range and 55 errors and I projected him more as a great RF with DAT ARM. @Orlando has played him at CF for his entire career and he's been a decent player, putting up surprisingly good +ZR ratings until this season. He has never really hit to his ratings, which is a common trend for CF players that I've noticed through the years (they often hit better if moved to a corner OF spot). In 2074 he put up a high mark of almost 12 ZR in CF. I wish he would have had some experience in the minor leagues or spring training in RF, because I think he could still have a few more years left as a starter, particularly since he's having the best hitting season of his career! Now that the season is basically over for the hammers, maybe he gets some time in RF and then a full spring and he might be ready to roll next year?

@Orlando for the pick and the current team.

1569295507558.png

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Yeah, this sucked.

aygun.PNG

He had two decent years for me as a stopper and pitched well in the playoffs. But then he asked for like $10m a season. Nah b.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
This next one is a favorite of mine! Few players have had as large an impact on the WBL in recent years as this guy, ripples from the various trades buffeting the entire league. With the 1-12 BORG used the 2nd of their first round picks on LOWRY TRADE GOAT. Dinner plate had OSA potential of 70/60/55 and my scout had him at 65/55/55 he reached a PEAK RATING of 75/55/65, so I'd say OSA was a little closer on this one but both were a bit off. BORG and @Orlando saw a good looking SWEDE pitcher by the name of KENNET and offered Tavaris a 2-for-1 trade, gifting him Lowry and another decent pitching prospect named Tomas Cortes. Tavaris initially regretted this trade because Lowry was often injured and picked up a FRAGILE rating after a couple of seasons, while KENNET looked like a true rigger GOAT with 70 Control!

Then everything changed and DINNERPLATE got a huge stuff bump and put together 3 great injury free seasons in a row, culminating in a PITCHING WIZARD award in 2079 with a 2.01 ERA. Tavaris had resisted signing him to a long term contract due to that FRAGILE status, and knew he should try to get something for Lowry while the getting was good and he had 1 season left under team control. Enter @jdlikewhoa and his Icarus like bid to buy up all the 75+ STUFF SPs in the game to protect his terrible fielding lineup full of GOAT BATS. Presumably banking on the fact that the WBL will be dead at any time now, JD adopted a WIN NOW policy and offered a 2nd round pick, 2 first round picks, and a RP for Lowry and then signed him to a truly GOAT contract! Cursed by the OOTP gods, they melted his STUFF wings and killed all of his pitchers! Lowry has gotten off relatively easy with 2 six week injuries, but even @TonyGin&Juice balked at the contract and price paid.

Tavaris felt bad enough about the trade that he's volunteered the 2nd round pick to @hayvis in order to keep peace in the league and promises to be CURSED in the playoffs against JD for as long as the DINNERPLATE CONTRACT SHALL LIVE. Dinnerplate has pitched just under 1,000 innings and has a career ERA of 3.03 and a career WHIP of 1.01. Those are HOF level stats if he can stay healthy!

1569296245926.png

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
With the 1-13 pick, Buffalo selected Rurik Mestnikov, who was once a BARELY EVEN A CORNER OF with 50 range and good error/arm ratings. Douglass Tagg didn't like Rurik as much as OSA and who had him with 55 contact, 60 power, and 55 eye. Douglass predicted a 50/70/50/50/50 bat for Rurik, so I would say he was a bit low compared to Rurik's eventual potential... but Douglass might have been closer to Rurik's actual production! In the best year of his career, Rurik hit for .750 OPS and was enough of a liability in the field that he only put up 0.9 WARS won. Buffalo threw RURIK straight to the wolves, starting him for 40 games in LF in 2070! He must have had an actual range rating of lower than 50, because he always played terribly in the field for Buffalo, racking up a total of -40ZRs in LF! He bounced between the WBL and minor leagues between 2070 and 2075 and one has to wonder if @Yankee's @Reel style development was detrimental to the psyche?

I want to call him the first BUST of the draft, but I have to admire the fact that he's played in over 1,100 games while preserving a virtual perfect 0 CAREER WARS WON the entire time. He once reached a high point of approximately 3 career WARS won in 0.5 WAR increments before slowly whittling it down! I feel like this is some sort of accomplishment for the player who played the most games at replacement level! The fact that Buffalo is paying him over $7.5M/season and has him signed through 2081 means he must have VERY HIGH negotiation skills!

All of that being said, Rurik just had the highlight of his career, winning player of the week on 08/26/2080!

1569297690706.png

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
With the 1-4 the Miami Manatees selected LIGHTS OUT LARKIN. Ma'scout had Larkin listed as the 6th best position player on ma'board, but he did have some nice defensive versatility! Larkin was also versatile because he had the ability to play 2B and 3B in addition tot he corner OF spots. Ma'scout had his bat potential at 55/55/50/60/70 and predicted his OPS to be around .757, a little above his actual careeer OPS of .738! Larkin played most of his career in Miami before joining Paris this year. He is currently putting up his best career year hitting, thanks to being platooned against LHP a bit more! I think this was a bit of a reach, because Larkin looked like more of a late 1st round pick.

@TonyGin&Juice for the draft pick and @hayvis for the current team

View attachment 9181

At the time ma’scout had his contact potential at 70 (or even 75) and he could actually play a position so it was an easy pick for me to me at the time. Unfortunately he was made out of glass and never lived up to his potential at any of those defensive positions. He was non-tendered when he was set to make $10M and would have been on the 60-Day DL for most of the season. Glad he’s doing well elsewhere but this was a bad pick for me in long list of bad first round picks.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
With the 1-14 DAM selected Bui Nguyen Dinh a high school SP that OSA predicted to have 60/55/65 potential. Douglass TAGG had him rated at 60/55/60. Bui never really had any major injury issues, but his development basically stopped after the 2072 season and his potential has slowly dropped to match his current ratings. The major issue is that his movement rating has this absurd skew between left/right, this is the type of player where it really pays to pay attention to the splits rather than the overalls! It appears that he was previously used in a bullpen only role, due to the low number of innings he's pitched, but this year he's a SP and it is NOT GOOD! A 70 movement rating against LHB makes him fine against Lefits, but a 35 movement rating against RHB means he gets absolutely SHELLED by a ton of batters, giving up 33 HRs so far this season!

Please @OU11 return and take the helm from @goblue96 and relegate this guy to his proper LEFTY ONLY role before he sets some record for HRs allowed!

I would call this a definite BUST, but at least he has some potential in the bullpen if he's used correctly. It's not surprising to start seeing busts at the end of the 1st round!

Edit: I was interested to see if he was a sidearm player because of that split, but he actually has a NORMAL - 3/4 arm slot. Interesting player.
1569298600891.png

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
At the time ma’scout had his contact potential at 70 (or even 75) and he could actually play a position so it was an easy pick for me to me at the time. Unfortunately he was made out of glass and never lived up to his potential at any of those defensive positions. He was non-tendered when he was set to make $10M and would have been on the 60-Day DL for most of the season. Glad he’s doing well elsewhere but this was a bad pick for me in long list of bad first round picks.

He definitely wasn't a bad player, but I think that's another SCOUTING LESSON LEARNED type thing. Looking through these reviews I feel like there is definitely value in considering both the scout AND OSA, but if there is a difference OSA is probably closer.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
With the 1-13 pick, Buffalo selected Rurik Mestnikov, who was once a BARELY EVEN A CORNER OF with 50 range and good error/arm ratings. Douglass Tagg didn't like Rurik as much as OSA and who had him with 55 contact, 60 power, and 55 eye. Douglass predicted a 50/70/50/50/50 bat for Rurik, so I would say he was a bit low compared to Rurik's eventual potential... but Douglass might have been closer to Rurik's actual production! In the best year of his career, Rurik hit for .750 OPS and was enough of a liability in the field that he only put up 0.9 WARS won. Buffalo threw RURIK straight to the wolves, starting him for 40 games in LF in 2070! He must have had an actual range rating of lower than 50, because he always played terribly in the field for Buffalo, racking up a total of -40ZRs in LF! He bounced between the WBL and minor leagues between 2070 and 2075 and one has to wonder if @Yankee's @Reel style development was detrimental to the psyche?

I want to call him the first BUST of the draft, but I have to admire the fact that he's played in over 1,100 games while preserving a virtual perfect 0 CAREER WARS WON the entire time. He once reached a high point of approximately 3 career WARS won in 0.5 WAR increments before slowly whittling it down! I feel like this is some sort of accomplishment for the player who played the most games at replacement level! The fact that Buffalo is paying him over $7.5M/season and has him signed through 2081 means he must have VERY HIGH negotiation skills!

All of that being said, Rurik just had the highlight of his career, winning player of the week on 08/26/2080!

View attachment 9196

I guess I never paid attention to his actual defense ratings (now a thing I'm rectifying) because he was a really good hitter until age 27, which is solely how I based my contract (STILL DO THIS!) extension for him. Then I leave and his ~2WAR career total goes negative after OTTO keeps playing him in LF! He was already losing a couple WAR a season because of it, lol. Granted, Buffalo had one of the best staffs ever in 72-74, so it didn't hurt us in winning two titles. Mestnikov has been the ultimate FAIL UPWARD player. He's even 10-5 righted with Buffalo right now.

Like I've said, I now like the 2 WAR BY SHOWING UP strategy, although since Mestnikov helped me win two titles with his bat, it's possible this is a situation where WARS WON only matters so much, and you really just need good pitching and who cares about defense? Tune in for the answer to this on the 2079 recap in 2089.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
With the 1-15 Miami selected PAT MAXWELL, who had a OSA Potential rating of 65/60/60 and a DOUGLASS rating of 60/55/60. I'm actually going to give this round to DOUGLASS! Pat had pretty good development coming out of college and got a solid 2.5 seasons in the minors from @TonyGin&Juice... so everything looks good so far! PAT had an awesome nearly full season in 2071 with 2.84 ERA in 27 starts.... but that was pretty close to a high point in his career, unfortunately. Pat had his best season for Miami in 2074 when he went 14-8 with 3.04 ERA and 1.17 WHIP. After that he had 2 sub par seasons and was not offered ARB money by Miami. Seoul picked him up on a minor league free agent contract and has mostly stashed him in AAA as an injury/replacement SP since. Picking up a decent backup starting pitcher for 490k for half a decade is part of the reason Seoul wins 70% of their games. He has over 1,000 WBL innings in his career with a 3.89 ERA and 1.24 WHIP, not too bad for the end of the 1st round!

This is the type of player that I think would benefit from my GAUNTLET THREWN proposal!

1569300377483.png

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I guess I never paid attention to his actual defense ratings (now a thing I'm rectifying) because he was a really good hitter until age 27, which is solely how I based my contract (STILL DO THIS!) extension for him. Then I leave and his ~2WAR career total goes negative after OTTO keeps playing him in LF! He was already losing a couple WAR a season because of it, lol. Granted, Buffalo had one of the best staffs ever in 72-74, so it didn't hurt us in winning two titles. Mestnikov has been the ultimate FAIL UPWARD player. He's even 10-5 righted with Buffalo right now.

Like I've said, I now like the 2 WAR BY SHOWING UP strategy, although since Mestnikov helped me win two titles with his bat, it's possible this is a situation where WARS WON only matters so much, and you really just need good pitching and who cares about defense? Tune in for the answer to this on the 2079 recap in 2089.

I've been doing the 2 WARS WON BY SHOWING UP strategy and have 1 ship in 500 million sim years, and only because HICKS decided to GOAT OUT for one sublime offseason.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Last but certainly not least, we have @Soonerfan09's "Least favorite player" which doesn't seem all that fair, considering how much of a STEAL he was in this position! BIG RED has smashed and mashed his way through the MIF for YEARS ON THIS SITE, including a couple of 5+ WAR seasons for Moscow. Perhaps Soonerfan09 doesn't like the "Cocksure" character or something? He's been a really productive WBL player for a lot of season, even hitting .780 OPS in the SPHERE last year, which is nearly impossible for a RHB. The sphere did tame him this season and he's hitting below .700 OPS, just like the mega-structure was designed to do. Still, he's put up nearly 30 WARS won, making him one of the better position players drafted!

OSA had him with 55 contact, 60 power, and 45 eye coming out of college and he had the defensive ratings to play 2B/3B! DOUGLASS didn't like him as much and had him rated at 50/60/55/50/55 but still had him rated as the 2nd best position player in the draft. It's surprising he fell all the way down to last pick of the 1st round with his ALL GREEN defensive ratings (he once had 60 range!).

1569301172791.png

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
With the 1-15 Miami selected PAT MAXWELL, who had a OSA Potential rating of 65/60/60 and a DOUGLASS rating of 60/55/60. I'm actually going to give this round to DOUGLASS! Pat had pretty good development coming out of college and got a solid 2.5 seasons in the minors from @TonyGin&Juice... so everything looks good so far! PAT had an awesome nearly full season in 2071 with 2.84 ERA in 27 starts.... but that was pretty close to a high point in his career, unfortunately. Pat had his best season for Miami in 2074 when he went 14-8 with 3.04 ERA and 1.17 WHIP. After that he had 2 sub par seasons and was not offered ARB money by Miami. Seoul picked him up on a minor league free agent contract and has mostly stashed him in AAA as an injury/replacement SP since. Picking up a decent backup starting pitcher for 490k for half a decade is part of the reason Seoul wins 70% of their games. He has over 1,000 WBL innings in his career with a 3.89 ERA and 1.24 WHIP, not too bad for the end of the 1st round!

This is the type of player that I think would benefit from my GAUNTLET THREWN proposal!

View attachment 9198

This guy was wrecking the locker room and his ARB estimate was too much for the broke ManaHAVENOTS. Good to see he's still hanging around in the game getting paid dick.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I think them and Vegas traded their picks to Borg and Miami? Who knows! My 2nd and 3rd round picks don't even exist anymore, so apparently they didn't pan out :laughing:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Lets talk about some other players MA'SCOUT had highly rated!

SP AL Hornby 60/60/60 starting pitcher with 3 pitches and 70 Stamina! I do not see him in the league now, so apparently it didn't work out? DOES ANYONE REMEMBER HORNBY?

CL Ricardo Lopez - My scout had him as a 65/55/65 Closer and he turned out to be correct! Lopez was taken in the 3rd round by UK and then traded to BORG and has been with them ever since! Serviceable career for a 3rd round pick and he's currently having the best season of his career!

CL Dylan Lane - Selected in Round 2 by Seoul has had a solid career as a reliever with 2.67 career ERA and 1.02 career WHIP in 300 innings.

SP Quintin Jacobs 55/60/65 starting pitcher with 3 pitches and 55 Stamina, was selected in Round 2 by LRM @bruin228. He toiled away in Little Rock for years until he was picked up by Seoul for a season and then Dublin. Career 4.03 ERA and 1.36 WHIP in 900 innings, but that's mostly for bad teams in Little Rock and the BANDBOX in Dublin, so Grain Assault! He had a nice stretch from 2076-2078 and he's only 29 so he might have a few seasons left when the riggers eventually pick him up, lol. A better career than some of the SPs in the 1st!

TROG BAT Patrick Robin was the 2nd best Trog in the draft after Nail Hook. Was selected in the late 2nd by Buffalo and traded to Las Vegas where he's had a nice career, mostly as a DH. He has hit .860 OPS for his career and won >10 WARS

CF Jesus Uribe (actual LF) was a borderline trog selected by the riggers in the 3rd round because DOUGLASS LOVED HIM and had his bat almost identical to Patrick Robin's! I'm glad I took him in the 3rd because I don't even see him in the league anymore! @hayvis with the "MY SCOUT LOVED HIM" pick!

SS Lee Peterson was a guy I had ranked alongside the previously mentioned Dominic Jenkins as a good MIF prospect. Lee Peterson had awesome range and a decent bat and wasn't picked until the 2nd round by UK. He has been a stalwart for a decade in UK and should reach 25 Career WARS WON by the end of the year. He has a career .713 OPS but +53.9 career ZR as a SS, so a nice pick here by @NML in the 2nd round.

SS Francis Atu was another guy DOUGLASS had ranked very highly (but not by OSA) Douglas had him rated right behind Nasir bin Awad (but with better potential!). I don't see Atu in the league now, does anybody know what happened to him?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Lets talk about some other players MA'SCOUT had highly rated!

SP AL Hornby 60/60/60 starting pitcher with 3 pitches and 70 Stamina! I do not see him in the league now, so apparently it didn't work out? DOES ANYONE REMEMBER HORNBY?

CL Ricardo Lopez - My scout had him as a 65/55/65 Closer and he turned out to be correct! Lopez was taken in the 3rd round by UK and then traded to BORG and has been with them ever since! Serviceable career for a 3rd round pick and he's currently having the best season of his career!

CL Dylan Lane - Selected in Round 2 by Seoul has had a solid career as a reliever with 2.67 career ERA and 1.02 career WHIP in 300 innings.

SP Quintin Jacobs 55/60/65 starting pitcher with 3 pitches and 55 Stamina, was selected in Round 2 by LRM @bruin228. He toiled away in Little Rock for years until he was picked up by Seoul for a season and then Dublin. Career 4.03 ERA and 1.36 WHIP in 900 innings, but that's mostly for bad teams in Little Rock and the BANDBOX in Dublin, so Grain Assault! He had a nice stretch from 2076-2078 and he's only 29 so he might have a few seasons left when the riggers eventually pick him up, lol. A better career than some of the SPs in the 1st!

TROG BAT Patrick Robin was the 2nd best Trog in the draft after Nail Hook. Was selected in the late 2nd by Buffalo and traded to Las Vegas where he's had a nice career, mostly as a DH. He has hit .860 OPS for his career and won >10 WARS

CF Jesus Uribe (actual LF) was a borderline trog selected by the riggers in the 3rd round because DOUGLASS LOVED HIM and had his bat almost identical to Patrick Robin's! I'm glad I took him in the 3rd because I don't even see him in the league anymore! @hayvis with the "MY SCOUT LOVED HIM" pick!

SS Lee Peterson was a guy I had ranked alongside the previously mentioned Dominic Jenkins as a good MIF prospect. Lee Peterson had awesome range and a decent bat and wasn't picked until the 2nd round by UK. He has been a stalwart for a decade in UK and should reach 25 Career WARS WON by the end of the year. He has a career .713 OPS but +53.9 career ZR as a SS, so a nice pick here by @NML in the 2nd round.

SS Francis Atu was another guy DOUGLASS had ranked very highly (but not by OSA) Douglas had him rated right behind Nasir bin Awad (but with better potential!). I don't see Atu in the league now, does anybody know what happened to him?
Hornby just retired to be a monk this past offseason. Solid career

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
MOAR draft grades revisited

Any specific year? I picked 2069 because it looked like an awesome draft class and it was one I had a #SPREADSHEET for. Website draft history only goes up to 2073. I could look in game, but that's harder to do while at work, lol.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Tony Montana got my '69 1st Rounder in our HoG C Cliff McLean c-buster.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
What happened to the website that would automatically rank the draft classes? It hasn't been active in a long time but it'd give the best value picks, drafts by eteam, etc.

You would hit "analyze" in the history section and it'd have top overall picks, top weighted picks, top classes, top weighted classes. Can this be re-activated?