• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2069 Contraction Draft

NML

LEGGO

Order:
Dublin
Istanbul
Little Rock
Miami
Kabul
North Dakota
False Bay
UK
Lisbon
Seoul
Cairo
Helsingborg
Buffalo
Amsterdam
Las Vegas
Moscow

@Orlando - are we saying four rounds?
That’s a total of 72 players, seems like more than enough. Time limit?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
One more thing, have we determined what we're doing with expiring contracts? Do they just go to FA as normal?

NML

Just me, but

Can’t draft expiring contracts
Can draft TO’s, and they are executed (so no declining and trying to resign)

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
LEGGO

Order:
Dublin
Istanbul
Little Rock
Miami
Kabul
North Dakota
False Bay
UK
Lisbon
Seoul
Cairo
Helsingborg
Buffalo
Amsterdam
Las Vegas
Moscow

@Orlando - are we saying four rounds?
That’s a total of 72 players, seems like more than enough. Time limit?
There are more than 72 players. Minors and ICs. We need to decide what to do there.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Just me, but

Can’t draft expiring contracts
Can draft TO’s, and they are executed (so no declining and trying to resign)
Yeah this is why I was tempted to wait until the start of FA so I could accept TO and let anything els expire.

NML

Didn’t think about IC. Both are in play, IMO

Maybe just do no limit? Let people pick as long as they like

NML

By the way, Travis has said he’s not coming back. Do we want to contract ND instead? I could see Osi coming back now that Wooly is gone

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I could always convince Lloyd to come back to full-time in Buffalo, and by that I mean convince Otto to come back full time in Buffalo. What about Tony's friend?

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
I could always convince Lloyd to come back to full-time in Buffalo, and by that I mean convince Otto to come back full time in Buffalo. What about Tony's friend?

They’re too busy writing food reviews of faux Iranian restaurants in Dallas (this is not a joke).

He also said he just didn’t have the time for another league. What happened to @GuyIncognito joining? Anyone that takes over NDR (assuming Travis is quitting) would be in a good position to be competitive without needing a rebuild with bad contracts.

We could always let JAR take over NDR too.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
By the way, Travis has said he’s not coming back. Do we want to contract ND instead? I could see Osi coming back now that Wooly is gone
In my conversations with each, @osick87 said he was done. @Travis7401 said he would monitor Otto for a few seasons if needed. They can both correct me if I misinterpreted, but BA and Fax seemed like the best under those circumstances.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I do not think they were edited honestly. There are options here. I can scale back some of the players. We can do two rounds and retire the rest. We can retire petitjean only. Etc.

NML

I do not think they were edited honestly. There are options here. I can scale back some of the players. We can do two rounds and retire the rest. We can retire petitjean only. Etc.

Retiring Sinner and Bucky might be a good choice, because they are the two best players in the league by a wide margin. Sinner won 30 games this year :laughing:

That still leaves some great players for the top people (who are still getting the top picks in the draft).

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I’m convinced all of their stats and success won’t be replicated when they are spread out.

NML

Would a mass release have more support than mass deletion? You could do:

Retire Bucky/Sinner
Release all players with ML time
Do a supplemental draft for the prospects

Supplemental draft would have reverse order of standings, but taking a player would cost ur team that pick in the next draft.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable

Retire Bucky/Sinner

Supplemental draft would have reverse order of standings, but taking a player would cost ur team that pick in the next draft.

He started the clock on a lot of the prospects in that last week of the season, that kind of fucks things up.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.

Retire Bucky/Sinner

Kill Bucky Sinner and any of the guys that had sudden 25+ potential and actual bumps.

No to a mass release.

No to an NFL style supplemental draft.

Just take the guys that weren’t juiced, put ‘em in a pool, draft order selections, kill everyone left after five rounds.

If I get a chance tonight I’m going to see how many guys he had that were likely “juiced”.

NML

I’m not sure what the best approach is. A draft is super tough to orchestrate and takes a lot of time. It’s not like the amateur draft where you can auto someone if they don’t make a pick in 12 hours.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I’m not sure what the best approach is. A draft is super tough to orchestrate and takes a lot of time. It’s not like the amateur draft where you can auto someone if they don’t make a pick in 12 hours.
and are we going to hold the off-season until we do this? It'll take a week minimum

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
They were edited, delete them. Lol at switching from a draft to free agency. More HAVE corruption
Ugh.

I can just pick for someone after a certain amount of time. I think a couple rounds and then retiring the rest would work. I’d prob send a few vets to FA too. Not opposed to retiring petitjean.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
and are we going to hold the off-season until we do this? It'll take a week minimum
I think so. I don’t think it will take that long, but doing it in the offseason makes the most sense.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Ugh.

I can just pick for someone after a certain amount of time. I think a couple rounds and then retiring the rest would work. I’d prob send a few vets to FA too. Not opposed to retiring petitjean.

He's really excited about his new team, tho.

Ugh what? An O said he thought they were edited.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
The Distillers will introduce free agent pitcher Bernard Petitjean at a news conference at 2 p.m. Wednesday. Refresh this page for the latest tweets from Dublin Post sports reporters (and others) in attendance

@dubsportsblog
Boras III, on Petitjean's past teams: "At your wedding I don't think you talk about who else you dated."

@chelsea_mcjanes
26 is the number Petitjean wore in college. So that's one mystery solved. #Distillers

@chelsea_mcjanes
Boras III said the only decision the Distillers had to make, knowing the player, was if they could put something together that would work financially

player_10411.png

New Distillers acquisition Bernard Petitjean thanks General Manager Radpants at his introductory news conference Wednesday. (Jonathan McNewton / The Dublin Post)

@barrymcsvrluga
Radpants on longterm deal: "He's a durable pitcher." No DL last five years. "We feel like we've got a young 24-year-old arm."

Last edited: