• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2068 Season Thread

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Jeff Wilson is probably done as a starter, which will make him my 6th closer-quality guy out of the pen in the future! Soon Buffalo will just be running a One-Pitcher rotation!

osick87

Community Liaison
I'm going to have to probably step away from the league. The amount of fucking vitriol that gets hucked at @Wooly has become ridiculous. Then it carries over to @Orlando for taking time to look into what it could be.

@Mr. Radpants, @TonyGin&Juice and @Travis7401's complete debasing @Wooly has me done. Like you just can't stop yourselves from treating him like complete shit. If you can't be better people than that then I really don't want to spend my time on something that promotes this amount of shit posting and this treatment of another person. It just makes me wish ill will on you guys and that's when I know it's better to just remove myself from the situation.

No wonder Wooly doesn't feel pressed to share whatever he learned with you guys. I'll take some of the blame for not welcoming Wooly and letting him know that lots of the fun in the league is information sharing and competition.

I try and treat everyone here with respect. I slip up at times. I guess this is just another reminder about my naivete about everyone is not going to get along and I shouldn't stress over things I can't control.

Sorry @OU11 and @Orlando. Probably should have given some warning.
@Orlando thanks for taking the brunt of this since I have been a pretty shitty Co-Commissioner this last 12-18 months. You've handled everything well.

@Wooly, sorry I wasn't more active to try and nip some of the name calling as well as some of your more interesting things in the bud before it turned into a complete free for all on you. I will say that you aren't exactly the easiest to get a point across to so I don't think you're 100% in the right. You don't deserve always being called "the fuck" all the time. No matter how frustrating you can be. I've discussed some of the points with you in the PM.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I'm going to have to probably step away from the league. The amount of fucking vitriol that gets hucked at @Wooly has become ridiculous. Then it carries over to @Orlando for taking time to look into what it could be.

@Mr. Radpants, @TonyGin&Juice and @Travis7401's complete debasing @Wooly has me done. Like you just can't stop yourselves from treating him like complete shit. If you can't be better people than that then I really don't want to spend my time on something that promotes this amount of shit posting and this treatment of another person. It just makes me wish ill will on you guys and that's when I know it's better to just remove myself from the situation.

No wonder Wooly doesn't feel pressed to share whatever he learned with you guys. I'll take some of the blame for not welcoming Wooly and letting him know that lots of the fun in the league is information sharing and competition.

I try and treat everyone here with respect. I slip up at times. I guess this is just another reminder about my naivete about everyone is not going to get along and I shouldn't stress over things I can't control.

@Orlando thanks for taking the brunt of this since I have been a pretty shitty Co-Commissioner this last 12-18 months. You've handled everything well.

@Wooly, sorry I wasn't more active to try and nip some of the name calling as well as some of your more interesting things in the bud before it turned into a complete free for all on you. I will say that you aren't exactly the easiest to get a point across to so I don't think you're 100% in the right. You don't deserve always being called "the fuck" all the time. No matter how frustrating you can be. I've discussed some of the points with you in the PM.
350.png

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Sorry to hear that Osi. Thanks for all you've done, and hope you are still sticking around the forums in general.

Wooly

I should apologize to everyone too, especially the Os. I am hard to get along with, though I wish no ill will on anyone, really.

I should add I am heading out after this season. So long, and thanks for all the fish...

Last edited:

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I should've waited another year or two, a lot of things had to fire right but the talent was there in theory.

Unless Wooly has some legit cheat codes I don't think most of what he's doing (that has now been revealed) is that crazy. Winning enough to keep budget high enough to sign IFA while providing a good winning environment at every minors level, throw in some captains and some locals and that's basically it. Without messing with age in the minors I've basically done the same with Buffalo (tho props to Lloyd for accumulating so much talent as well) and was on track to do it with Istanbul before I left. I am just worse at trading and don't do contract fuckery so it isn't as successful.

Once I saw Bucky basically agreed to a cheap contract for no reason I gave up, Wooly just grabbed as many amazing intangible guys as he could and most or all of them panned out, is all. Anyone could do it but almost no one knows how. This is the same league that laughed at my WE/INT and Travis' TAGG strategies for a long time (you were all right about my strat being dumb though)

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I'd definitely be curious to see him do it again with Istanbul or BA, he did inherit one of the best franchises in the league so he was starting from a better jump off. Would be an interesting experiment to see if he could do it on a lower budget.

Also, RIP WBL.

jdlikewhoa

Read back 4-6 posts. Y’all take a forum and this league way too seriously.

Osick is too Canadian nice so I guess this league finally broke him down.

Wooly is a douche, but OU did his best to cheat code dominate the league for 2 real world years and it took wooly 3 months real world time to cheat code kill the league. Guess OU was slightly more diplomatic so you’ll put up with it.

Sorry for the rest of y’alls losses.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Read back 4-6 posts. Y’all take a forum and this league way too seriously.

Osick is too Canadian nice so I guess this league finally broke him down.

Wooly is a douche, but OU did his best to cheat code dominate the league for 2 real world years and it took wooly 3 months real world time to cheat code kill the league. Guess OU was slightly more diplomatic so you’ll put up with it.

Sorry for the rest of y’alls losses.
i never got close to what wooly has done, but yes when i swindled back then i did it so that it was yankee's idea to give me all his prospects

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.

The irony of this post is that my main man @osick87 doesn't get that @Wooly and his nemeses are basically the OOTP equivalents of Dice vs. Artie Lange:

IOW: blowhards angry at other blowhards over being blowhards.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By

I don't recall name calling. The league is broken, Wooly killed it, it is what it is. It's much worse than the UBL ever was in my opinion and it's probably not fixable. It's basically a Lugnutt dynasty report at this point.

Several of us have no interest in exporting and I was going to quit this off-season.

Last edited:

NML

so I don't think you're 100% in the right

Understatement of the century ITT

The league has been toxic for a long time. I quit twice before for this very reason. We have an owner that responds to another owner only by saying “FUCK YOU.” I had to block someone for a few seasons because he was such a troll. I’m certainly not above it myself.

So I think it’s unfair to place it all on those three when the environment has been a negative one since the UBL.

Wooly, I think, was the first owner that brought no goodwill towards anyone. The “don’t be a dick” rule - at least in the context of the game and not forums - was seemingly always followed until him. He has had one focus - and that’s winning. Well now he can win 140 games a year playing against the computer.

To me, it’s been pretty obvious how close the league was to imploding, to me.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
He's the only one that can do this so the league isn't broke on a fundamental level. If everyone started churning out as much talent on one team as whole leagues are supposed to have, then yeah it'd be broke.

I think the only thing left to do is start a new league. @Orlando get goin on some logos

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
The league has been toxic for a long time. I quit twice before for this very reason. We have an owner that responds to another owner only by saying “FUCK YOU.” I had to block someone for a few seasons because he was such a troll. I’m certainly not above it myself.

Come on now, we all know u were tom bout me hoss. Yes, I was a dick and shouldn't have pulled some of the shit I did but I feel like we've patched things up and are now good to go. If you were in DC next week I would gladly invite you to the Tony Payin' WBL East Coast jamboree with @jdlikewhoa and @Mr. Radpants at Good Guys but I'm guessing you won't be available. The whole "Fuck you" thing I never took as an actual dig but I've gotten to know Travspie off the board pretty well so that might be my bias showing. YMMV, some assembly required.

Wooly, I think, was the first owner that brought no goodwill towards anyone. The “don’t be a dick” rule - at least in the context of the game and not forums - was seemingly always followed until him. He has had one focus - and that’s winning. Well now he can win 140 games a year playing against the computer.

Here's the thing that kind of bothers me about @osick87 putting 2/3 of his offline bros on blast (you're still aces to me mon ami) - while all three of us were rubbed the wrong way by Wooly with only one us, to me, seeming legit heated over his behavior. Yes, that person is me and, as I told Rad, Osick, @Karl Hungus (why was the OG Wooly hater not called out?) and @Orlando off the board, that is 100% tied to me being a legit aspie that despises aspies pulling the "I'm neuroatypical so overlook my shitheaded behavior because I have no self-awareness." Nothing irritates me more than that and while, yes, that is a personal hangup I sincerely doubt I'm the only one that was put off by his behavior.

I know I'm not the only legit aspie on this board so maybe I'm in the wrong here but every time @Wooly would do something that was OBVIOUSLY a violation of the "don't be a dick in the game" rule he'd come back with 16 paragraphs explaining why we were all wrong for not looking at things the way he did. Let me just put this out there on the record so there's no misunderstanding - I really don't care that he's setting wins, pitching, and SB records. Whether that's through sheer dumb luck and drafting guys with the right intangibles or stocking his minors with 70 AAAA guys we'll never know for certain but I know that he has never once acted sincerely contrite or showed any awareness of how he comes across in this league.

We've beaten this dead horse to the point the corpse, the topsoil, and the middle earth are all gone and we're heading to the core but I know I'm not alone in saying I wouldn't have been 2% of the ass I've been to him if he showed an ounce of self-awareness. I really like this league. I really like Wooly as an owner because he's active and does make moves to improve his team and organization. I like that all three of the Os are incredibly fair and practical. What I don't like is how much time and energy we've devoted to trying to get a grown adult to show some self-awareness when it comes to their boorish behavior in a video game.

Again, I don't mind people being ruthless when it comes to winning (look at the trades I've done with @doh over the years that set my org back) but I doubt anyone (other than @NML in 2059) would say I've put my own self-interests and desire for winning over having a good time. I mean, I practically gave @Wolfman21 and @Yankee151 very good pre-arb starters for lottery tickets because I want to see this league continue. Let's not discuss the Nelson fleece or the "Get out of jail" free cards Orlando and Osick have given out over the years. Almost everyone in this league has "taken one for the team" when it came to helping this league continue to function. Sure, Wooly may have given up entire drafts and GOATs for fourth outfielders and middle relievers a time or two but those were never moves where he didn't have a self-interest other than winning.

TL;DR - I get being called out but as an aspie I take major issue with Wooly's handwaving of his behavior and lack of self-awareness as a result of his supposed neuroatypicalness.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I don't recall name calling. The league is broken, Wooly killed it, it is what it is. It's much worse than the UBL ever was in my opinion and it's probably not fixable. It's basically a Lugnutt dynasty report at this point.

Several of us have no interest in exporting and I was going to quit this off-season.
:Straight-Face:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Like OU said, the league is only broken if we want it to be. If you guys still want to play we can talk about what to do next.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
There will be a mutual split this offseason if the league doesn’t fold. I guess what I mean is, what then?

NML

I think we need to contract some teams, but it’d be WAY easier to just start over, IMO.

We’ve got, at least, two too many. Probably four

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I think you should just implode the SL and act like it never happened. I'm out either way doe, so I don't really need weight given to my opinion.

My theory fwiw, is Wooly used his access to an O account to create an offline save or saves and then simmed forward into the future/past and elected Donald Trump. I can't really forgive that.