• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2066 Season Thread

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
ill never want to ban them. I just think the new day to day system is dickered

Right out the gate, Silva and Lousa get Day to Day injuries that have them "DTD" for 4 weeks and 3 months respectively. How do you handle a pitcher with a DTD injury that will have that designation for 3 months? How do you GET a DTD injury that lasts 3 months? that doesn't even make sense to me
Make sure to complain constantly with hyperbole about how your entire team is injured too.

Wolfman21

It's a niggle that they can play through but will affect their performance and they will be more prone to actual injury (where they cant play). I think it is vary realistic,honestly. Many players deal with long nagging injuries in this 2017 sim.

except in real life, you could bench a guy for 3-4 weeks and their injury would get better. I bench a DTD guy in the sim for 3-4 weeks and they don't get better. They'll still be DTD. So they don't play for a month, but its like their injury didn't get any better. makes no sense

Wolfman21

Shiiit.. SP Piccoli out for 4 months. Thank lawd I dealt for Baleia (whom is returning from injury hisself) and Eastham last season. Otherwise we would be up a crick without a paddle.

you complaining complainer. How dare you mention injuries to your team

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
You still don't understand this? The long term DTD injuries are modeling chronic/overuse injures (ie niggles) rather than acute injuries.

Something like a stress fracture, inflamed joint, or tennis elbow is perfectly modeled with long term DTD injuries. You can rest it for several weeks, but you'll still irritate it again if you go back to playing the sport. You can either play through it (with associated drop in performance and risk of further injury) or you can rest for a long time and hope the problem goes away (but it often gets re-aggravated as soon as you start back up). Chronic injuries like this don't have some set time line like acute injuries often do, they flare up over and over again due to aggravation from playing. A 3 month DTD injury is the perfect approximation of a chronic injury.

I think Peyton Manning was listed as DTD for the last 3 fucking seasons for the Broncos :laughing:

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Gee, maybe we should just ban injuries altogether, void free agency amd make all players 60:60 and NORMAL in everything so you guys don't have to make any decisions at all.

I'm another OOTP league that's exactly like this! Only reason I hang around is to troll the dipshit BernieBros running the show.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Started: 20-4
Since: 6-13

oOXDJDU.jpg

NML

My team isn't doing well either. What's to blame? New injury system? Game engine?

It's definitely not me, that's for sure

doh

I thought there used to be an option if you want to eat a bad contract, you could assign it all to one year? I tested it and it said it'd be spread over 4 years. Is there any way to absorb it all this year or does that not exist anymore?

TonyGin&Juice

It seems like they took that away a couple versions ago. Dunno why.

I think I read that it's to match MLB if you have the luxury tax on. I mean, I'd be happy to have a lean year to get rid of a bad contract all at once but the luxury tax calculation isn't set up to do that.

Soonerfan09

To bring a little reality to the new injury system, I jammed/broke my big toe playing racquetball a little over a month ago. I was OUT for about two weeks before being downgraded to Day-to-Day. I haven't played racquetball since, but it still Influences Running - Minimal while Influences Lunges/Pushups/etc. - Moderate.

Recovery Time - Unknown.

TonyGin&Juice

Swept UK, took 2 of 3 from Buffalo, and were at .500? Somebody punch me babby. Oh and Jewsten is finally starting to look like he's not a bust? #blessed

doh

Miami's turned into an interesting team in JV with two top prospects who could make a difference if called up too in Gorman/Lane

TonyGin&Juice

Miami's turned into an interesting team in JV with two top prospects who could make a difference if called up too in Gorman/Lane

At this point it's probably time to start the clock on those two and see if we can hold onto fourth place. I was thinking this season we'd be 10 games under .500 by now but somehow we're within striking distance of MOUNT 500.

TonyGin&Juice

So, I'm pretty fucked financially. Anyone want to buy or trade for some of these draft picks? Only I don't have is a first and I actually have two seconds and two fourths this draft!

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I only have one $25M right now though babby. :thumbsup:

My budget dropped from $140M to $110M next year. Not all of us can luck into GOATs.
Sorry, three $20m deals. If you aren't "lucking into GOATs," why do you have any $20m deals?

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
What the hell is going on with our pitching? Starters near last in da Norf with a 4.67 ERA.
Baleia has completely fallen off from previous seasons. Dunno if the playoff loss has something to do with it. But he better turn it around in the second half. Or he walking with a pink slip this offseason.

Wolfman21

so I'm at the beach for a week. I downloaded OOTP onto my laptop, downloaded the league and imported it into 18...but whenever I try to download the latest file I get, "Error: could not open archive file"

anyone run into this issue before/know the fix?

TonyGin&Juice

so I'm at the beach for a week. I downloaded OOTP onto my laptop, downloaded the league and imported it into 18...but whenever I try to download the latest file I get, "Error: could not open archive file"

Throw it into the Atlantic.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator

You may have to download the full save from @fignuts