• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2065 Off Season Thread

Wolfman21

welp, my time may be done. Everytime i download the update and try to install it, my computer gives me an error message that says, "Archive integrity check failed. The setup file is not complete, possibly due to an incomplete download or corrupted file"

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Are you waiting for it to fully download? Might be a dumb question but you never know.

Wolfman21

lol, my computer sucks so much ass, it may not be fully downloading. I start it, and come back to it like 45 min later and it says "download complete" but when i click it to run it...it gives me the message.

Im sure its not fully downloading, because i'm actually watching it right now and the "remaining download time" is fuckin wacky. Bouncing anywhere from 45 min remaining to 2 days remaining and never staying the same for more than a few seconds

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
It's at least 1 GB on mac, so that might be the case. Delete all the old ones and try again maybe from a different browser if you have one.

Wolfman21

yeah, its just over a gig, but the time remaining shouldn't bounce between 2 and 8 hours constantly and then fail to download multiple times. My computer is just a POS, lol

Wolfman21

unplugged my wireless adapter and am hardwired into my modem now. Its going steady at rigth at 1 hour remaining now. So maybe my wifi was just shit. Hopefully this will fix it.

I gotta get a new ISP....i have issues with slow internet atleast once every other day

Soonerfan09

Still can't get it to work.

I'm up to date, have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. Have downloaded from Dropbox and put into the 18 saved games folder, that didn't work. Put it in the 17 folder and tried to import again, no dice.

I'm on my Surface until next Sunday at the earliest. I had no problems with 17 on my Surface, but when I joined the league, I did everything from my desktop. It shouldn't matter since I tried downloading from Dropbox anyway.

The league acts like it downloads right, but the date is 3/02/65 and I can't download latest league file. There are also no logos and personality traits don't show up on the BNN page.

Not sure what else to try.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Still can't get it to work.

I'm up to date, have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. Have downloaded from Dropbox and put into the 18 saved games folder, that didn't work. Put it in the 17 folder and tried to import again, no dice.

I'm on my Surface until next Sunday at the earliest. I had no problems with 17 on my Surface, but when I joined the league, I did everything from my desktop. It shouldn't matter since I tried downloading from Dropbox anyway.

The league acts like it downloads right, but the date is 3/02/65 and I can't download latest league file. There are also no logos and personality traits don't show up on the BNN page.

Not sure what else to try.
Downloading from Dropbox and putting it into the 18 saved games folder isn't going to work since that's a 17 save.

The problem you are describing is exactly what happens when your game isn't up to date. What version are you on?

NML

Worst case is someone can throw up a 18 saved game after tonight and you can download that

Or maybe they can do it now?

Wolfman21

yay, import worked.

the bad news is the ratings on alot of my guys went down...lol. I love seeing what happens with ratings once we move from one version to another.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Anyone else having trouble?

@Soonerfan09 can you tell me your version number?

Might skip the sim tonight so people can work out issues. Rather do that now than on opening day.

Wolfman21

Anyone know a reason why my players pictures aren't populating like in the attached picture?

Attachments

• pics.png
    pics.png
    57 KB · Views: 12

Wolfman21

Dat jersey img :laughing:

something fucked up with a save or export or something on 17 and i went from full pictures one sim to no pictures the next. And its stayed that way with the 18 import.

I mean, when you click their profile, they still have pics and the jerseys and hats are all correct.......it just hurts immersion a little bit for the pics not to be there on the team pages and stuff

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Anyone else notice all those mystery hidden players are now in the DFA section?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Are you sure you aren't trying to download the file from 17? This is just bizarre.

Soonerfan09

Thought I posted this earlier, but I guess I didn't - the only file in my 17/saved_games/WBL.lg/settings folder is db.config. I'd imagine that has something to do with why I can't download latest league file.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
That won't work. We haven't uploaded a save for 18.
I should've expanded, uninstall their current copy of WBL in 17 and reinstall using that method, then try importing that. But yeah Sooner you need the world.dat file to import a league

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Thought I posted this earlier, but I guess I didn't - the only file in my 17/saved_games/WBL.lg/settings folder is db.config. I'd imagine that has something to do with why I can't download latest league file.
stop it

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
@Soonerfan09 put your ootp17 files away, you don't need them anymore

• Download the new OOTP18 file from http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/showthread.php?t=278384
  • Wait for it to finish downloading
  • Find the .exe in your downloads folder
  • Double click on it
  • Install
  • Wait for it to install
  • Open OOTP18
  • Click "Import OOTP17 file"
  • Find the wold.dat in the OOTP17 files (saved_games/WBL.lg)
  • Click on that
  • Click done or whatever finishing button it shows
  • Wait for it to run what you've just told it to run
  • Now you should be in OOTP18 with the imported save
  • Click File for a dropdown menu
  • Click online league for another menu to expand to its right
  • Click download latest league file
  • Relish in your accomplishments

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Clearly some sort of sorcery.
Thought that was a given.

giphy.gif

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Anyone else have under personality no ratings? Just a blank slate?

Thought I read when the game released that this is intended. Too tired to try searchign for it. But think it was under the ootp subreddit fwiw.

MSUFanatic

Anyone else have under personality no ratings? Just a blank slate?

Players in OOTP have six different personality ratings that come into play in various ways. Personality ratings use the same scale as other player ratings. In general, higher personality ratings are better. The one exception is Greed, in which a lower score is better (for the GM).Personality ratings aren't exact. On the Player Profile, you can get some clues as to the player's personality:

There is no default view with personality ratings, but you could easily create a custom view with these ratings. When viewing personality traits in a view, traits are rated in a five-level scale: very low, low, average, high, very high.

Wolfman21

the team chemistry page is really a cool touch. I like seeing the personalities and chemistry of my guys laid out. Luckily, none of my assholes are disruptive...they're just opinionated or "doesn't care one way or the other"

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Never bothered to check in the previous iterations. Good to know if ever feel like rebooting an archaic save or rosters. Danke