• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2062 Season Thread

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I'll probably sim on the later side and give you all a chance to export.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Exported for LRM.

giphy.gif

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
They're baaaaaaack.... DOWHER Rankings Pre-season in NL:

1. Las Vegas -- Won 110 games and might be a bit better. Clear #1 in the league with Helsingborg rebuilding.

2. Dublin -- We have a clear #2 as well. The Distillers won 86 games last year and added some nice pieces. Barring horrible injuries, a lock for the playoffs.

3. Istanbul-- Perhaps a shocker at 3, maybe the endless Tankee rebuilding project is over? I'm expecting some players to make a step forward.

4. Amsterdam -- Talent continues to leave Amsterdam but they have lots of young guns. Could make a move or two to get back in the playoffs.

5. Helsingborg -- Still enough stars in Sweden to win 85 or so games. As of now, I think they're better than 50% to make the playoffs... problem is they may still be getting rid of players.

6. Moscow -- On the cusp of the playoffs last year. Bit of a disappointing off-season IMO with a chance to lock in a playoff slot. Still in the hunt but a couple upgrades and they're in the tournament.

7. Seoul -- The Glow made some good moves and IMO a break or player away from making the playoffs.

T8. Lisbon/Berlin -- Let's see how they improve with new(ish) owners.

Top 5 storylines of this season:

1. Las Vegas, Dublin then.... ? -- Last year 82 wins was enough to make the playoffs in the NL. Helsingborg has torn down a 104 win team which means after the top 2 it looks wide open.

2. Meet the New Boss -- @MSUFanatic comes in as a new WBL owner.

3. The Dream Team -- Buffalo's new Boss Mr. Otto has put together a 2055 All-Star team together. They're going to score tons of runs this year but the defense will be awful.

4. South BLOODBATH -- As much as it pains me to say, it looks like the balance of power has shifted to the South. It looks wide open this year. False Bay, Halifax and Buffalo all upgraded their teams.

5. Balbeauna 4-peat? -- Jorge Balbeauna is aiming to win his fourth straight MVP. This might be the hardest to win though as Helsingborg looks to rebuild.

MSUFanatic

If I set my overall lineups do I still need to set a 7 day line up or will it just populate based on the lineup I currently have set?

Also, the AI will fill-in between games which we don't have control over the sim example:

Sim starts and game 1 1B goes down with a twisted ankle for 15 days. Will the AI automatically stick him on the 15 Day DL and then populate my roster to the best of their ability based on my current lineups and depth charts? They won't stick a pitcher at 1B correct?

Sorry for being n00b.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
If I set my overall lineups do I still need to set a 7 day line up or will it just populate based on the lineup I currently have set?

Also, the AI will fill-in between games which we don't have control over the sim example:

Sim starts and game 1 1B goes down with a twisted ankle for 15 days. Will the AI automatically stick him on the 15 Day DL and then populate my roster to the best of their ability based on my current lineups and depth charts? They won't stick a pitcher at 1B correct?

Sorry for being n00b.

The AI won't stick pitchers as position players nor will it put guys on the DL for you. Make sure you set your depth chart if you carry a bench or it'll just put any person that's available in the spot. I've had the backup C get put at SS or CF as a result of injuries at those positions but I also only have two guys on the bench and rarely have an INF.

Don't use 7-day lineups unless you like getting trolled.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
How many Right Fielders will I use this year and will they, collectively, post up a positive WAR or a positive ZR? Looks like I've come down with the @Yankee151 curse except with RFers instead of CFers.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Might as well throw me down the list, Haamid retired so I'm done trying to win for a while.

All my WBL players are available still

Wooly

@Wooly where did you find the latest logo zip?

Here, on the last page of the Logo Thread. The link in the OOTP Newcomers thread is old.

Okay here are the new logos/jerseys/caps. I fixed all of the logos but I didn't do the jerseys/caps in hopes they'd just work. If they don't let me know and I'll work on those two but it takes a while because I have to reload all the jerseys/caps again after I delete them. I'll work on it but if I don't have to do it right now I'd rather not.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fy6rwpfokyzvduv/Logos.rar?dl=0

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Looks like Barves is heading straight to da league

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I thought about the With Kihlstrom and Hjorth. They got spring invites, but I'll probably give them 2/3 a season in the minors.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
@doh needs to glance over the teams before the next set of DOHWER rankings are released. :emo: No mo BomberBears!

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
For me it's Vegas/Dublin/Borg/................/Moscow/Istanbul/Amsterdam/Seoul/Cairo/Lisbon. My team does have some depth in the infield but the bottom of the order is still pretty questionable and the pen/rotation is a little rough. If Eastham develops so I can get him up mid season and Castiglione and Brown do good then I have a shot. I'll settle for .500 though

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
For me it's Vegas/Dublin/Borg/................/Moscow/Istanbul/Amsterdam/Seoul/Cairo/Lisbon. My team does have some depth in the infield but the bottom of the order is still pretty questionable and the pen/rotation is a little rough. If Eastham develops so I can get him up mid season and Castiglione and Brown do good then I have a shot. I'll settle for .500 though
As Borg is currently constructed, I'd put them #3 (maybe still #2). But if Lando keeps on trading away pieces, I have to dock them in the DOWHER rankings.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I also will get docked for having rookies, guys like Powell and Barves will be really good next year but the jury is out on this year

Borg's rotation is better than mine probably 1-5, top 5 in the order is better too. My team is super all-in on HR, it's all Farrusco and Nisanci do

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
If I could deal Jephson+pieces for a SP I'd be good to go, but that's a pipe dream with his contract, so he's just my bench guy