• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2061 Season Thread

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
player_12046.png

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
That return might end up being more than the one I got for 1-1, but oh well
Could have been you, I told you I'd pay anything. This is just what Tony asked for but he could have got 5-6 of my WBL starters too.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I just like to talk about fleecing people for home nationality players, I never actually do it. The one time I did I traded Freek to Orlando for a prospect 3 years away (though he was ROTY so I guess it's about even now)

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
That return might end up being more than the one I got for 1-1, but oh well

I knew @OU11 really wanted Boys and, as much I like Boys, I felt it was time to see what Digger Wideen could do as a full-time RF and move him to get some pieces to help in the area I've neglected - pitching and defense.

Could have been you, I told you I'd pay anything. This is just what Tony asked for but he could have got 5-6 of my WBL starters too.

Eh, I thought that was a pretty fair deal for both sides. Joe Dunn should be a solid #3/#4 for us or, at worst, a good innings eater mop-up guy in our weak BP. He's also on a totally fair team deal that I wasn't likely to find in FA and given the dearth of options on the farm it was a steal for us. The guy I really hope pans out from this trade is Claudio Renteria. If he can develop his control and that change up over the next 3-4 seasons I might not go through another rebuild, especially if some of the guys I've been drafting pop.

I almost asked for Ghisolfi and/or Pereira but after trading for Tosewell I only had so much money left. Thomas Powell is one of the guys I should have asked for but didn't. Still, I felt this was a good deal for both sides. Hopefully Boys holds down RF for AMD for a long time.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I just like to talk about fleecing people for home nationality players, I never actually do it. The one time I did I traded Freek to Orlando for a prospect 3 years away (though he was ROTY so I guess it's about even now)
Freek also bailed on me.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
If he finally corrects for his FIP he could flourish. Add a winning culture and it could definitely be a good signing

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
If he finally corrects for his FIP he could flourish. Add a winning culture and it could definitely be a good signing

He's got a long track record of being a lousy pitcher. A future turnaround in his FIP can only be explained by one thing...

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Oh man, I landed Guia? He'll make for the Best backup catcher in history! Paying $13M/year to a backup is part of this bold strategy I'm trying.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
He had a career low WHIP last year for me, but gave up 35 dingers. I really needed him to perform for a few months so I could flip him, but nooooooooo.
Well you only gave him one season. OU thanks you for you your part in rehabbing him from his career in Berlin.