• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2060 Draft Thread!

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Karl, you traded in and swooped my clark pick :laughing: I thought I was going to make a clean sweep of my SPREADSHEET WARRIORS.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
45, yeah. Nice range and error rating, tho

Yep. I thought he'd be a stud minor league LF at worst, with AAAA bat to keep in the system for years in case of injury to a WBL player. Those current ratings (20-30 power and GAP will make him a complete bat at lower levels) + intangibles and his potential project well all the way through the system until he probably craps out as a AAAA guy if he doesn't get a bump... but we're in the 3rd round, and my scout liked him better than that so he does have some WBL position potential with the range/errors.

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
It doesn't matter if it develops or not, he was by far the BPA with 50 contact and some defensive potential. It's a better pick than most of the last round, ha ha. The rest of the 50 contact bats all have like 30 range, lol. If he gets a bump to even 50 arm then he can cover CF as a backup and not get you killed, since Range >>> Arm and Errors > Arm.

And yeah, ratings changes of +-5 are pretty regular to any of the defensive sub ratings. I view them as "fielding potential" so they move about as much as any of the other "potential" ratings.

You should know this, Ur boy Gold mind was a beneficiary of positive bumps to make him even a corner outfielder instead of a DH, lol.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
It doesn't matter if it develops or not, he was by far the BPA with 50 contact and some defensive potential. It's a better pick than most of the last round, ha ha. The rest of the 50 contact bats all have like 30 range, lol. If he gets a bump to even 50 arm then he can cover CF as a backup and not get you killed, since Range >>> Arm and Errors > Arm.

And yeah, ratings changes of +-5 are pretty regular to any of the defensive sub ratings. I view them as "fielding potential" so they move about as much as any of the other "potential" ratings.

You should know this, Ur boy Gold mind was a beneficiary of positive bumps to make him even a corner outfielder instead of a DH, lol.

Thank you for answering my question in typical TravSpie fashion. I wasn't saying he was a bad pick, far from it, I was just curious why everyone was excited when his arm was that weak. As a backup/AAAA guy, sure, but you guys were acting like he was a defensive wizard.

TonyGin&Juice

Why does do you care so much about his arm? It's passable for LF or 2B. Bat is gross though.

Jesus Christ, are all of you on the Spectrum this week? I asked a question I was genuinely curious about because it's something I don't know the answer to.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I think Tony is the sperger in this conversation (when you think EVERYONE ELSE IS ON THE SPECTRUM, maybe you the one on the spectrum) ha ha. I said "nice pick Karl, I liked that guy" and Tony interjected with the hot fiya about how SHIT he was, ha ha. NO ARM GUY. You did get us all cycling doe. VROOM VROOM, I'm fired up.

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I think it has been posted before, but what arm ratings are acceptable for each position?

In the draft tool, I put the minimums I use above each position in green. I don't have them labeled, but for each position they are in the same order they are on the website Infielders = Range, Error, Arm, TDP from top to bottom. You can also change them to whatever you want to have more players show up at each position as being "acceptable"

This is what I use. I'll also accept lower values in anything but range as long as range is great for the position (ie I'd accept a SS with a 40 arm if he has 75-80 range 45 arm if he has 65-70 range, not ideal but it'll work), since that's most important.

Arm:
C = 50
1B = 20 (doesn't matter)
2B = 40
3B = 55
SS = 50
LF = 45
CF = 50
RF = 55

TonyGin&Juice

Lawd u dum

I thought we wuz friends but now I no butter.

giphy.gif