• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2055 WBL Betting Thread

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I get it. Your team is pretty young and that can make them a little unpredictable. Alfie is great, but is he a 7 WAR player? I don't know. He had a great season last year and didn't get there. I think 93.5 wins is probably a good o/u spot for 6 teams in the NL haha.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Never become a bookie, NML.

I think he's done a pretty good job in general, this is a lot to do for one person, so anyone has an advantage over NML on the teams they are familiar with. Go ahead and money mouth if you so sure about ur team. the only lines I thought were LOCKS were the one I took with that total salary being too low for the to FA pitcher (of which I lost the kicker anyway because JD didn't conform to his usual strategy). The other one was FIELD for Karpet because AMD wasn't listed in the main lines.

I'd put the NDR line at somewhere between 85-90 with my INSIDER KNOWLEDGE and NML has them at 91.5, so I'm not sure that's even worth a bet. I don't know the NL all that well, but of the teams that I looked at in preseason I'd say BA is a little low and SF is a little high, but again only by 3-4 games different from my guess, so I'm not sure it is even worth a bet. BA has a lot of good young position players that didn't click all the way last season and I expect them to hit form this season, plus the bullpen almost has to be better than last year.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I get it. Your team is pretty young and that can make them a little unpredictable. Alfie is great, but is he a 7 WAR player? I don't know. He had a great season last year and didn't get there. I think 93.5 wins is probably a good o/u spot for 6 teams in the NL haha.

Live by the GOAT, die by the GOAT.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Just so I'm clear on how this works @NML, are there going to be betting lines offered throughout the season, or does it all close once season starts? I just want to know if I should get all my money bet now or if I should save some for in season betting.

NML

Just so I'm clear on how this works @NML, are there going to be betting lines offered throughout the season, or does it all close once season starts? I just want to know if I should get all my money bet now or if I should save some for in season betting.

Yeah, we will have stuff available during the season. I'll give some odds on series when I get time, and we'll do some prop bets - like next team to get a season ending injury or will there be a 20+ run game this week? Random shit like that when I get time.

During the AS break, I'll probably redo O/U win totals and playoff odds.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
In other words, if I'm writing huge paragraphs about the woeful state of my team, I'm SHOOK by OU's return
OmRmJ.jpg

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
HERE ARE ALL OPEN LINES - THIS POST WILL BE UPDATED/LINES OPEN UNTIL MONDAY NIGHT

Win Totals for 2055 Season (all bets are 1:1, open until end of ST)
Berlin - 49.5
Miami - 55.5
Moscow - 67.5
Las Vegas - 69.5
Buenos Aires - 72.5
United Kingdom - 79
Little Rock - 80
Lisbon - 81
Buffalo - 83.5
False Bay - 87
Dublin - 90
Seoul - 90
North Dakota 91.5
Istanbul - 92
Kabul - 92

Amsterdam - 93
San Francisco 96
Helsingborg - 97

Playoff Odds for 2055
San Fransisco 1:10
Helsingborg 1:8
Kabul 1:4
North Dakota 1:3
Amsterdam 2:3
Istanbul 1:1
False Bay 1:1
Dublin 3:2
Seoul 3:2
Buffalo 3:1
Little Rock 4:1
United Kingdom 9:2
Lisbon 7:1
Buenos Aires 9:1
Miami 15:1
Las Vegas 20:1
Moscow 22:1
Berlin 60:1

World Series Champs Odds for 2055
San Fransisco 3:2
Helsingborg 2:1
Amsterdam 5:2
Kabul 3:1
North Dakota 4:1
Istanbul 5:1
Dublin 11:2
Seoul 11:2
False Bay 10:1
Buffalo 15:1
Lisbon 20:1
Little Rock 40:1
United Kingdom 70:1
Buenos Aires 90:1
Miami 150:1
Las Vegas 200:1
Moscow 280:1
Berlin 500:1

1-1 Odds for 2055 Season
Berlin - 1:3
Miami - 1:1
Moscow - 3:1
Las Vegas - 4:1
Buenos Aires - 10:1
Field - 20:1

Most HRs in 2055
Frederic Carrier 1:2
Dennis Weber 1:1
Henry Cotterell 3:2
Walter Seguin 3:2
Teshome Haamid 3:2
Tien Thu 2:1
Carlos Magana 3:1
Jamie Juarez 4:1
Gonzalo Castillo 9:2
Mike Harris 9:2
Rafael Juarez 5:1
Field 7:1

Hunger Games 2055 Winner
Marat Aleev 1:1
Tim Fisher 3:2
Leonardo Rodriguez 3:2
Russ McDonald 2:1
Tommy Floyd 2:1
Liang-hsi Xuan 2:1
Field 3:1
Hammiid HR Champ $10
Amsterdam WS Champ $10
Under SF Wins $20
Buffalo makes playoffs $20

Are we doing in-season bets? If so, I'm fine with those bets... if not, I'm betting more.

Reactions: NML

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Hopefully that works NML. Trying to quote your spoilered lines on my phone was just a nightmare haha.

jdlikewhoa

World Series Champs Odds for 2055
$10 - Helsingborg 2:1

Playoff Odds for 2055
$20 - Lisbon 7:1
$15 - Dublin 3:2

Hunger Games 2055 Winner
$10 - Tim Fisher 3:2
[BCOLOR=#fff4e5] [/BCOLOR]
Win Totals for 2055 Season (all bets are 1:1, open until end of ST)

$10 (OVER) - False Bay - 87
[BCOLOR=#fff4e5] [/BCOLOR]

NML

Really early into the season, so nothing is guaranteed, but the worst bets seem to be @jdlikewhoa - Tim Fisher winning the hungers while being out 3 months seems near impossible, and with Bugs being out for the year, Lips out for a while, combined with a rough start anyways - the over doesn't seem great. I did take them with the under, which seems okay. But again, very early.

@TonyGin&Juice taking Miami over 55.5 seems like it's headed in the right direction with seven wins already and they just added another solid starter.

Other than that, too early to call.

Will post some lines for this week soon.

NML

Who leads the SL after this week's sim?

Buenos Aires 1:2
Miami 1:1
North Dakota 2:1
Buffalo 5:2
United Kingdom 3:1
Kabul 4:1
San Fran 7:1
Little Rock 35:1
False Bay 100:1

NML

I guess highest win %? Whatever the way they sort the standings.

I think it's wins vs losses with win % as a tiebreaker?

NML

Predictions for the SF/AMD series?

SF 3-0 10:1
SF 2-1 5:2
AMD 2-1 1:3
AMD 3-0 2:1

NML

Predictions for the BUF/KAB series?

BUF 4-0 20:1
BUF 3-1 5:1
Split 2-2 3:2
KAB 3-1 1:2
KAB 4-0 3:1

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
@TonyGin&Juice taking Miami over 55.5 seems like it's headed in the right direction with seven wins already and they just added another solid starter.

Just wait until June when I call up the kids and cut the AAAA guys. Big props to my PREFERRED TRADING PARTNER @doh for hooking me up with a quality, affordable SP that should help improve this from a 100 loss team to a 90 loss team.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
@NML BUMP. Lets settle these regular season bets tomorrow before the playoffs so you can set more lines and we can BET BET BET!

I already know 3 of my regular season win total bets are sure winners (SF under 96, BA over 72.5, UK under 79). I just need LRM to win 3 of their final 7 games to get me OVER 80.

I'm calling the HUNGER GAMES WINNER as Sean Smith (field), if that helps.

Last edited:

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I didn't do very well. I contradicted myself for some reason and took the under on Seoul while picking them to be a playoff team.

TonyGin&Juice

If you complete the #Roadto500 rebuild challenge next season I'll be impressed

I don't know if 500 is possible with the pitching situation being what it is. Throw in all of my pitching prospects died, Thu is gone in FA, and all of the guys that did well this season (Ploeg, Adams, Blanks) will probably struggle next season and it doesn't look like an easy road to hoe.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
You just need to find your TAGG then everything will start to fit together. I'm 142-182 = .438 in the WBL without TAGG. I'm 448-355 = .558 in the WBL with Tagg

TonyGin&Juice

You just need to find your TAGG then everything will start to fit together. I'm 142-182 = .438 in the WBL without TAGG. I'm 448-355 = .558 in the WBL with Tagg

I have two TAGGs - Ryley Cutwolf at the WBL level and Bedridden Gurler in the minors.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Do they contribute at least +10 Talisman WARS a season? Cutwolf's leadership is only HIGH and not WHITE HOT VERY HIGH. Cutwolf is a good name in the SL, since I assume he plays well against Kabul.

TonyGin&Juice

Do they contribute at least +10 Talisman WARS a season? Cutwolf's leadership is only HIGH and not WHITE HOT VERY HIGH. Cutwolf is a good name in the SL, since I assume he plays well against Kabul.

No idea but he is GLOWING IN THE DARK EXTREMELY HIGH on the hidden JONNY GOMES BENCH BALLBUSTER scale.

NML

After the WVU game, I'm gonna sperg on this and FM.

Although I think Travis has basically won. Couple people are eliminated. A few of us are going to need to pick the winner of the WS.

TonyGin&Juice

After the WVU game, I'm gonna sperg on this and FM.

Although I think Travis has basically won. Couple people are eliminated. A few of us are going to need to pick the winner of the WS.

Hoe what are you talking about? I took me not getting 1-1 (WON) and Little Rock missing the paloffs (also WON).

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
@NML BUMP. Lets settle these regular season bets tomorrow before the playoffs so you can set more lines and we can BET BET BET!

I already know 3 of my regular season win total bets are sure winners (SF under 96, BA over 72.5, UK under 79). I just need LRM to win 3 of their final 7 games to get me OVER 80.

I'm calling the HUNGER GAMES WINNER as Sean Smith (field), if that helps.

boom-boom-boom.gif

Win Totals for 2055 Season (all bets are 1:1)
Little Rock - 78.5

NML

Updated the standings. Left the pending bets up so I/we can double check.

Kabul, Amsterdam, and Little Rock all took their last series of the season to get the over, so we've got a few people in contention.

I'll get series odds and WS odds up today.

NML

NL ODDS

Advance to NL Finals
Helsingborg 1:4
Seoul 1:1
Amsterdam 1:1
Istanbul 4:1

Advance to WS
Helsingborg 1:2
Seoul 3:2
Amsterdam 3:1
Istanbul 15:1

Win WS
Helsingborg 1:1
Seoul 3:1
Amsterdam 5:1
Istanbul 25:1

SL ODDS

Advance to SL Finals
North Dakota 1:3
Kabul 2:3
Buffalo 3:2
Buenos Aires 3:1

Advance to WS
North Dakota 1:1
Kabul 2:1
Buffalo 2:1
Buenos Aires 10:1

Win WS
North Dakota 3:2
Kabul 5:1
Buffalo 5:1
Buenos Aires 20:1

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Woof, the pot odds on these fucking lines are absurd.... Gonna be hard to defend my regular season crown without taking some chances.

Give me:

Advance to NL Finals
Istanbul 6:1

40 on Istanbul

Advance to SL Finals
Buenos Aires 4:1

50 on BA