• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2055 WBL Betting Thread

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Win Totals for 2055 Season (all bets are 1:1, open until end of ST)

Berlin - 49.5
Miami - 55.5
Moscow - 67.5
Las Vegas - 69.5
Buenos Aires - 72.5
United Kingdom - 79
Little Rock - 80
Lisbon - 81
Buffalo - 83.5
False Bay - 87
Dublin - 90
Seoul - 90
North Dakota 91.5
Istanbul - 92
Kabul - 92

Amsterdam - 93
San Francisco 96
Helsingborg - 97

I will win over 90, all in.

Reactions: NML

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
He really did have an off year tho, he's old but he's DH'd his whole career so i hope they coded something where the decline is less precipitous and starts a little later. I want him to hit bombs until he's 43 and put the record so far out of reach you have to throw your 15 year old internation finds in the big leagues just to hope to catch up

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
He really did have an off year tho, he's old but he's DH'd his whole career so i hope they coded something where the decline is less precipitous and starts a little later. I want him to hit bombs until he's 43 and put the record so far out of reach you have to throw your 15 year old internation finds in the big leagues just to hope to catch up
He still hit 41 HR. I think Vegas is reading too much into it. Same with Henny being 1:1. Weber doesnt get a mention.

Also as far as DH, look at Henny. He has been pretty steady through 35.

Last edited:

Wolfman21

He still hit 41 HR. I think Vegas is reading too much into it. Same with Henny being 1:1. Weber doesnt get a mention.

Hoping that's the prophets future. With his contract I need him to remain productive

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
NML said:
A couple more on Torres

Over/Under on guaranteed years in Raul Torres' new contract - 4

Over/Under on total guaranteed salary in Raul Torres' new contract - $46,000,000
Over - $10
Over - $90

4 x $82M

Now I gots so much money for betting.

NML

41 HRs last year and 47 the year before. Still young, Brazilian Babe Ruth gon show ya

I didn't say he was bad, just that he's probably not going to hit more HRs than anyone else. Those numbers were both 11 behind the leader, so it's not like he's on their heels or anything.

Wolfman21

Bet on Teshome, he's in fine form with 5 boom towns in half of ST.

Goat DH for sure. 40+homers and 100+ RBI every season except the one you experimented with him at catcher...where he was still one of the best hitting catchers

NML

He hit 41 bombs but in almost 700 BAs. He had a pretty low rate, relative to the rest of these guys. The only reason I'd consider him as an option is that he'll likely be top 5 in PAs in the league - but I'd still take Carrier over him on AMD.

Dark horse is Juarez on my team. My park is going to really help his numbers - just depends on if he can stay healthy like he did in 2053.

NML

Playoff Odds for 2055

San Fransisco 1:10
Helsingborg 1:8
Kabul 1:4
North Dakota 1:3
Amsterdam 2:3
Istanbul 1:1
False Bay 1:1
Dublin 3:2
Seoul 3:2
Buffalo 3:1
Little Rock 4:1
United Kingdom 9:2
Lisbon 7:1
Buenos Aires 9:1
Miami 15:1
Las Vegas 20:1
Moscow 22:1
Berlin 60:1

NML

World Series Champs Odds for 2055

San Fransisco 3:2
Helsingborg 2:1
Amsterdam 5:2
Kabul 3:1
North Dakota 4:1
Istanbul 5:1
Dublin 11:2
Seoul 11:2
False Bay 10:1
Buffalo 15:1
Lisbon 20:1
Little Rock 40:1
United Kingdom 70:1
Buenos Aires 90:1
Miami 150:1
Las Vegas 200:1
Moscow 280:1
Berlin 500:1

NML

I think I can do both, but hedgin' them bets just in case.

I think there's a very small window. Little Rock got a lot better, they should be right around .500. I think I got better as well, which puts me in the same range. So tough to tell with FB since they had such an overhaul, but I'd put them as that fourth team right now. They would need to not live up to expectations, you'd need to do one or two wins worse than expected (no less), and neither myself or LR would be able to exceed expectations (and @bruin228 certainly thinks he will).

NML

Dublin is actually a great example - every post is RABBLE RABBLE RODNEY DANGERFIELD NO RESPECT.

- you've made the playoffs once in the past 16 seasons
- you've had two winning seasons over that time frame (granted, both in a row)
- you are in a EXTREMELY tough and tight conference at the top, where Seoul, Istanbul, and Amsterdam all had better off-seasons than you
- you had three young players have great seasons for you with NO substance beyond that - Alfie, for example, had a monster year, and maybe that's his standard, but maybe not.
- you have several MVP-level players, which is obviously great, but if any of those five or so went down, you'd be in real trouble. Alfie, Norman, Creswell, Milherio, Mary Jane, and Young are all 'normal' so it's quite possible one or more of them goes down for a significant period of time.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I'm not going to bother with a big post but you don't really understand my team or the differences from last year.

Lol at past performance though.

NML

And, again, you may very well be right - I could easily see you winning 100 games and getting the 1 seed and returning to the WS. But I could just as easily see Amsterdam returning to their ways, you have some injuries, fall to 90 wins and miss the playoffs.

NML

HERE ARE ALL OPEN LINES - THIS POST WILL BE UPDATED/LINES OPEN UNTIL MONDAY NIGHT

Win Totals for 2055 Season (all bets are 1:1, open until end of ST)
Berlin - 49.5
Miami - 55.5
Moscow - 67.5
Las Vegas - 69.5
Buenos Aires - 72.5
United Kingdom - 79
Little Rock - 80
Lisbon - 81
Buffalo - 83.5
False Bay - 87
Dublin - 90
Seoul - 90
North Dakota 91.5
Istanbul - 92
Kabul - 92

Amsterdam - 93
San Francisco 96
Helsingborg - 97

Playoff Odds for 2055
San Fransisco 1:10
Helsingborg 1:8
Kabul 1:4
North Dakota 1:3
Amsterdam 2:3
Istanbul 1:1
False Bay 1:1
Dublin 3:2
Seoul 3:2
Buffalo 3:1
Little Rock 4:1
United Kingdom 9:2
Lisbon 7:1
Buenos Aires 9:1
Miami 15:1
Las Vegas 20:1
Moscow 22:1
Berlin 60:1

World Series Champs Odds for 2055
San Fransisco 3:2
Helsingborg 2:1
Amsterdam 5:2
Kabul 3:1
North Dakota 4:1
Istanbul 5:1
Dublin 11:2
Seoul 11:2
False Bay 10:1
Buffalo 15:1
Lisbon 20:1
Little Rock 40:1
United Kingdom 70:1
Buenos Aires 90:1
Miami 150:1
Las Vegas 200:1
Moscow 280:1
Berlin 500:1

1-1 Odds for 2055 Season
Berlin - 1:3
Miami - 1:1
Moscow - 3:1
Las Vegas - 4:1
Buenos Aires - 10:1
Field - 20:1

Most HRs in 2055
Frederic Carrier 1:2
Dennis Weber 1:1
Henry Cotterell 3:2
Walter Seguin 3:2
Teshome Haamid 3:2
Tien Thu 2:1
Carlos Magana 3:1
Jamie Juarez 4:1
Gonzalo Castillo 9:2
Mike Harris 9:2
Rafael Juarez 5:1
Field 7:1

Hunger Games 2055 Winner
Marat Aleev 1:1
Tim Fisher 3:2
Leonardo Rodriguez 3:2
Russ McDonald 2:1
Tommy Floyd 2:1
Liang-hsi Xuan 2:1
Field 3:1

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
And, again, you may very well be right - I could easily see you winning 100 games and getting the 1 seed and returning to the WS. But I could just as easily see Amsterdam returning to their ways, you have some injuries, fall to 90 wins and miss the playoffs.

I could see that also.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
My team is worse than Dublin by a good margin at basically every position.

I have one good pitcher, one decent pitcher, then two veterans who will underperform to a consistent 4.50 ERA, and a youngster who will probably throw like 4.90 again. I think Weed/Young/Ping/Gamble will outperform my top 4. My bullpen does not have a consistent sub 3 era pitcher in it, so who knows what will happen with it. Last year it was one of the best in the division but the year before it was 8th.

My catcher has lost his bat in entirely and is now defense-only. I have 4 1B for 2 positions, so I'm playing Jephson at 3rd and have some weird platoon with Wan-Fu and Von at DH. Neither of whom, mind, have nearly good enough of a bat to compare to some of the better DH in the division. Due to this, my second baseman is actually a natural 3rd baseman (also keep in mind Sean Blake who was in my long term 2B plans is now total garbage). SS is fine so no issues there

My outfield consists of two power bats at the corners who will probably lose me 2-4 WAR just based off of their defense. Granted, they have all-star bats so it may not be a big deal, but this goes back to the issue of having too many DHs. In addition, my two options for Center Field, either have no bat whatsoever(Calk) or have a barely passable bat and can't really play the position (O'Brien).

I have some talent, but there is so much accumulation of talent in the division that I find it improbable I get over 90 wins this year. There's some pretty significant holes that have come from most prospects not working out as they should (W-Fu, Knowles, O'Brien) or old veterans ready to fall off a cliff (Seguin, Kidwell, Paz, heck, maybe even Inonu). Now this may not happen this year, I could get another playoff appearance, but I do think my team is a ticking time bomb and won't last past 2057 (conveniently when Redbeard's contract is up and I get my picks back ;))

NML

I'm not going to bother with a big post but you don't really understand my team or the differences from last year.

Lol at past performance though.

Hey I get it. "You don't know my team, you don't understand how I'm perfectly orchestrated." Most people feel that way.

But if Alfie went down with an ACL on opening day, you'd probably get 5th.

Lloyd Carr

@NML

I am bad at math and betting, but wouldn't my possible be $130? $40 from 86 wins, $60 from Buffalo playoffs, and $30 for Dublin playoffs?

NML

My team is worse than Dublin by a good margin at basically every position.

I have one good pitcher, one decent pitcher, then two veterans who will underperform to a consistent 4.50 ERA, and a youngster who will probably throw like 4.90 again. I think Weed/Young/Ping/Gamble will outperform my top 4. My bullpen does not have a consistent sub 3 era pitcher in it, so who knows what will happen with it. Last year it was one of the best in the division but the year before it was 8th.

My catcher has lost his bat in entirely and is now defense-only. I have 4 1B for 2 positions, so I'm playing Jephson at 3rd and have some weird platoon with Wan-Fu and Von at DH. Neither of whom, mind, have nearly good enough of a bat to compare to some of the better DH in the division. Due to this, my second baseman is actually a natural 3rd baseman (also keep in mind Sean Blake who was in my long term 2B plans is now total garbage). SS is fine so no issues there

My outfield consists of two power bats at the corners who will probably lose me 2-4 WAR just based off of their defense. Granted, they have all-star bats so it may not be a big deal, but this goes back to the issue of having too many DHs. In addition, my two options for Center Field, either have no bat whatsoever(Calk) or have a barely passable bat and can't really play the position (O'Brien).

I have some talent, but there is so much accumulation of talent in the division that I find it improbable I get over 90 wins this year. There's some pretty significant holes that have come from most prospects not working out as they should (W-Fu, Knowles, O'Brien) or old veterans ready to fall off a cliff (Seguin, Kidwell, Paz, heck, maybe even Inonu). Now this may not happen this year, I could get another playoff appearance, but I do think my team is a ticking time bomb and won't last past 2057 (conveniently when Redbeard's contract is up and I get my picks back ;))

You should probably blow it up, tankee

NML

Seriously doe, you won 90 games last year, lost no one of value, and added a great pitcher in Kidwell and one of the better bats on the league.

NML

@NML

I am bad at math and betting, but wouldn't my possible be $130? $40 from 86 wins, $60 from Buffalo playoffs, and $30 for Dublin playoffs?

Yeah ur right, I think I just doubled ur money like I do with over/unders. Fixed

Edit: Actually, it's $150 possible

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
And I did lose someone of value, namely DECKERADES, and in all seriousness I do think that his leadership played a big factor in my team playing so well. Even outside of intangibles, he gave me a solid 3B option which allowed me to keep a fluid infield.

Lloyd Carr

Huge rating drop combined with batting under the Mendoza line in ST

I don't pay my scout any money (he earned enough when he pitched in Buffalo all those years), but OSA says his ratings haven't changed from last year.

And ST is meaningless.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I pay my scout so little that he gives me insider information no one else would know. I signed some random mlfa that was a 3.5 star rating with like 70 power to me but he had all red in OSA :laughing: Then again that's how I found Shakil Arfan and some others like him so who knows

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
@NML doesn't even mention me having a good offseason, yet I think I had the biggest jump in odds/wins.

Lloyd Carr

So I'm trying to understand sports betting.

3:2 would mean I win $3 for every $2 I bet. So if I bet $20, I should win $30, right? Do I also get my original $20 back? Meaning for that bet I really come away with $50 (my original $20, plus the $30 from the bookie)?

A 3:1 means I win $3 for every $1 I bet. So I win $60 for that $20 I bet. Or, $80 for the whole thing (my original $20, plus the $60 from the bookie).

And 1:1 means $1 for every $1 I bet. So I win $20, plus my original $20 for $40 total.

$50 + $80 + 40 = $170?

@NML is that right? Should my actual total possible be $170? Or do I still not understand?

NML

I went back and double checked everyone and it looks right.

Glad there's been so much activity.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Hey I get it. "You don't know my team, you don't understand how I'm perfectly orchestrated." Most people feel that way.

But if Alfie went down with an ACL on opening day, you'd probably get 5th.

Your Alfie line is fine, since he's a 7 WAR player. You could say the same thing about Carrier or any number of GOATS.

Helsa had an awful season two years ago. Anything can happen.