• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2055 WBL Betting Thread

NML

2055 WBL BETTING KICK OFF EVENT!

Standings:
italics - team currently ineligible to win

1. North Dakota - $280
2. Kabul/Little Rock - $200
4. Amsterdam - $197
5. Las Vegas - $160
6. Buffalo/UK - $110
8. Berlin/BA/FB/Lisbon/Miami/Moscow/SF/Seoul - $100
16. Helsingborg - $75
17. Istanbul - $70
18. Dublin - $0

Rules:
1. Quote the current line, from me, on which you are betting - as lines may change, it's important that you quote them so that it's easy and correct when I figure out payouts. Bets will be posted in a X to X format; for example, 2:1 (meaning $2 won for every $1 bet) or 1:3 ($1 won for every $3 bet). Over/under's are always 1:1 bets.
2. Any edited posts containing bets will not be counted
3. Bet windows will close immediately following the next sim, regardless of whether or not I announce it. Exceptions to this (i.e. LIMITED TIME ONLY bets or long-term bets) will be announced as such. This means you cannot bet on lines I posted AFTER a sim (unless specifically stated otherwise).
4. All decisions are made by me and are FINAL.
5. Each GM gets "$100" for each season
6. Bets may be up to the total amount you have remaining at the moment the post is made. Any bets where you went over ur current money total will not be counted. I'll do my best to keep totals up to date, but do ur own due diligence.
7. Parlays are acceptable - this is where you make two bets together. For example, you could bet that your team and another team both make the playoffs under one bet - if the odds were 3 to 1 for both, and you bet $5, instead of winning $30 (3 {to 1 odds} x $5 = $15 (x 2 different bets) = $30), you would win $45 (3 x $5 = $15 x 3 = $45). However, BOTH bets MUST win in order to win. Pushes will result in that singular bet being removed, while the rest of the parlay will continue as normal (and possibly as a single bet).
8. GMs cannot place bets on behalf of other GMs (without approval from me).
9. Format bets in an easy-to-read way. Bets posted like an asshole will not be counted.
10. GM with the most money following the conclusion of the World Series will receive UK's 3rd round pick in the 2056 draft.
11. You must wager at least $50 to be eligible to win - no coasting on the starting money.
12. All bets must be at least $1.

PLEASE READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING A BET

PENDING BETS

Amsterdam
Amsterdam - 91
$98.50 ON AMSTERDAM OVER
Possible = $197

Buffalo
Buffalo - 86
$20 on the under
Playoff Odds, Buffalo 3:1
$20 for both.
Playoff Odds, Dublin 3:2
$20 for both.
Possible = $170

Dublin
Dublin - 90
I will win over 90, all in.
Possible $200

Helisngborg
Hel - 88.5
Dam - 88.5
Istanbul - 90
Seoul - 90
10 on each

Over Borg
Over Dam
Under Bul
Under Seoul

Dublin 3:2
Lisbon 7:1
$20 on Dublin 3:2 to make the playoffs.
$5 on Lisbon 7:1

Possible = $170

Istanbul
Little Rock - 79.5
Under - $10
Helsingborg - 98.5
Under $20
Istanbul - 92
under $50
Possible = $140

Las Vegas
Teshome Haamid 3:2
Hammiid HR Champ $10
Amsterdam 5:2
Amsterdam WS Champ $10
San Francisco 96
Under SF Wins $20
Buffalo 3:1
Buffalo makes playoffs $20
Possible - $180

Little Rock
Little Rock 78.5
Over $100
Possible $200

Kabul
Kabul - 90
$100 on Kabul >90 wins.
Possible = $200

Miami
North Dakota - 92.5
North Dakota under at $10
Miami - 55.5
I got $10 on the over on this
Possible = $40

North Dakota
BA - 72.5
UK - 79
LR - 80
SF - 96
$30 on OVER
$20 on UNDER
$20 on OVER
$30 on UNDER
Possible - $200

United Kingdom
False Bay - 88
Under - $20

Hunger Games 2055 Winner

Leonardo Rodriguez 3:2

Possible $65

Last edited:

NML

I'd be open to moving it up as high as 1-20, if people wanted. But that may be a next year suggestion if year 1 goes well.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Why would you get a draft pick for this? The HG uses it as an incentive for people to donate good players, which redistributes talent, helps HAVE NOTS, and generally makes the League better.

As far as I can tell, this is just an outlet for gambling addicts, a hive of scum and villainy.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
TankLikeWoah is going to bet against himself, pitch CFs, and laugh his way to another first.

I might be in jail for a couple of months os I might just pull that myself if I don't have access to OOTP. Get ready Ryley Cutwolf - you gonna be pitching 200 innings this season.

NML

Why would you get a draft pick for this? The HG uses it as an incentive for people to donate good players, which redistributes talent, helps HAVE NOTS, and generally makes the League better.

As far as I can tell, this is just an outlet for gambling addicts, a hive of scum and villainy.

That's why I made it a third round pick - just as a way to make it competitive.

It's a fun addition to help INCREASE IMMERSION and give everyone reason to pay attention to stuff other than their team.

Let's report him to the NCAA

NCAA doesn't offer simulation baseball, so I'm in the clear to gamble on it.

NML

2055 WBL BETTING KICK OFF EVENT!

Standings:
1. Everyone; tied at $100

Rules:
1. Quote the current line, from me, on which you are betting - as lines may change, it's important that you quote them so that it's easy and correct when I figure out payouts. Bets will be posted in a X to X format; for example, 2:1 (meaning $2 won for every $1 bet) or 1:3 ($1 won for every $3 bet). Over/under's are always 1:1 bets.
2. Any edited posts containing bets will not be counted
3. Bet windows will close immediately following the next sim, regardless of whether or not I announce it. Exceptions to this (i.e. LIMITED TIME ONLY bets or long-term bets) will be announced as such. This means you cannot bet on lines I posted AFTER a sim (unless specifically stated otherwise).
4. All decisions are made by me and are FINAL.
5. Each GM gets "$100" for each season
6. Bets may be up to the total amount you have remaining at the moment the post is made. Any bets where you went over ur current money total will not be counted. I'll do my best to keep totals up to date, but do ur own due diligence.
7. Parlays are acceptable - this is where you make two bets together. For example, you could bet that your team and another team both make the playoffs under one bet - if the odds were 3 to 1 for both, and you bet $5, instead of winning $30 (3 {to 1 odds} x $5 = $15 (x 2 different bets) = $30), you would win $45 (3 x $5 = $15 x 3 = $45). However, BOTH bets MUST win in order to win. Pushes will result in that singular bet being removed, while the rest of the parlay will continue as normal (and possibly as a single bet).
8. GMs cannot place bets on behalf of other GMs (without approval from me).
9. Format bets in an easy-to-read way. Bets posted like an asshole will not be counted.
10. GM with the most money following the conclusion of the World Series will receive UK's 3rd round pick in the 2056 draft.
11. You must wager at least $50 to be eligible to win - no coasting on the starting money.
12. All bets must be at least $1.

PLEASE READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING A BET

FIRST BET ACTION OF THE YEAR
Which team will sign Raul Torres?
False Bay 1:4
Dublin 2:1
Miami 4:1
Field 5:1

Last edited:

NML

A couple more on Torres

Over/Under on guaranteed years in Raul Torres' new contract - 4

Over/Under on total guaranteed salary in Raul Torres' new contract - $55,500,000

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Offering lines on stuff we can have direct impact on might not be the best plan. Ima go put in offer in on Torres :laughing:

NML

I feel fairly uninformed on this one since he won't even open contract talks with me, but

Which team will sign Karpetbomber?
Amsterdam 1:3
False Bay 1:1
Buffalo 2:1
Kabul 2:1
San Fran 3:1
Field 3:1

Last edited:

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I feel fairly uninformed on this one since he won't even open contract talks with me, but

Which team will sign Karpetbomber?
False Bay 1:2
Buffalo 1:1
Kabul 1:1
San Fran 3:1
Field 7:1

False Bay for $1.50

Reactions: NML

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I was wondering why AMD wasn't on the list, lol. I already had my money allocated or I'd have bet $100 on field. OU feeling nostalgic.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I really placed that bet for real though, I only have $2,160 left for FA so if he bid higher I'm strapped. Dat 75 cents will help soothe the pain