• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2055 DRAFT

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
[xtable=skin1|cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|621x745]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=80x@}01/01/2051{/td}
{td=888x@}OSA scouting updated ratings (potential): Stuff: 35 (40); Movement: 40 (40); Control: 30 (50).{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=80x@}11/01/2051{/td}
{td=888x@}Went undrafted and became a free agent.{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=80x@}01/01/2052{/td}
{td=888x@}OSA scouting updated ratings (potential): Stuff: 35 (45); Movement: 40 (40); Control: 30 (50).{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=80x@}11/01/2052{/td}
{td=888x@}Went undrafted and returned to school.{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=80x@}01/01/2053{/td}
{td=888x@}OSA scouting updated ratings (potential): Stuff: 35 (45); Movement: 45 (45); Control: 35 (50).{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=80x@}11/06/2053{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=80x@}01/01/2054{/td}
{td=888x@}OSA scouting updated ratings (potential): Stuff: 35 (45); Movement: 45 (45); Control: 35 (50).{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=80x@}11/06/2054{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
still better than that shithead 0 BTT not even a catcher. This dude might make AA! He's been in the gym doin HARD WORK WORK because his potential getting better!

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
still better than that shithead 0 BTT not even a catcher. This dude might make AA! He's been in the gym doin HARD WORK WORK because his potential getting better!

I tell you what, if the "Not Even A Catcher/Not on my Excel Dream Sheet" turd doesn't make it past AA I'll give up the Manatees and take up shooting heroin. If he makes it the show and puts up a positive WAR over 100 PA you give me a 1st rounder. Enough bullshitting.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
He's prolly gonna get those 100 PAs in 2056 with Tony's accelerated prospect development scheme. I wish him luck, maybe he'll be the rookie of the year.

TonyGin&Juice

I'm just excited for Tony to sand bag hisself with that dude getting 100 WBL PAs :laughing:

Just so we're clear... this is the shithead in question, right?

http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com/game/lgreports/players/player_4247.html

If he fully reaches his OSA potential he projects at a solid -2.6 WAR for a full season or -0.6 for 100 PAs. If he gets +10 in every category he'd barely put up positive WAR in 100 PAs if he was hot!

Yes, that's the fuckstick in question. It could be five seasons before he gets a call up but he's only 17 so that's plenty of time to develop. Take a look at Fernando Zacorias development over the past couple of years and you'll see wha I think Han can do.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Yes, that's the fuckstick in question. It could be five seasons before he gets a call up but he's only 17 so that's plenty of time to develop. Take a look at Fernando Zacorias development over the past couple of years and you'll see wha I think Han can do.

1. Zacorias was an IFA player and they tend to have more movement in their potential values.

2. He started 10 points higher than shithead in contact, which is the most important bat rating. Then he got an additional 10 point bump. Shithead isn't getting to 60 contact.

3. Even with big bumps to potential he might not be a +WAR WBL player. A DH/NOT EVEN CATCHER with 35 eye and 35 Ks? Even 60 contact and 65power might not be enough.

@Orlando can you change his nickname to shithead so we can remember which shithead we tombout in 5 years when Tony wins makes me give him a 1st rounder.

TonyGin&Juice

1. He was an IFA player and they tend to have more movement in their potential values.

2. He started 10 points higher than shithead in contact, which is the most important bat rating. Then he got an additional 10 point bump. Shithead isn't getting to 60 contact.

3. Even with big bumps to potential he might not be a +WAR WBL player. A DH/NOT EVEN CATCHER with 35 eye and 35 Ks? Even 60 contact and 65power might not be enough.

Let's raise the stakes since you seem to be hellbent on being an annoyance:

He has 100 WBL ABs and puts up a WAR >0 - You quit
He has 100 WBL ABs and puts up a WAR <0 - I quit

That's my final offer - accept or don't but quit with the bullshit trolling before I put you on ignore.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Let's raise the stakes since you seem to be hellbent on being an annoyance:

He has 100 WBL ABs and puts up a WAR >0 - You quit
He has 100 WBL ABs and puts up a WAR <0 - I quit

That's my final offer - accept or don't but quit with the bullshit trolling before I put you on ignore.
What is going on here? Why is everyone so mad?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I said his player was bad and that he should feel bad after he told me my player was bad and that I should feel bad.

TonyGin&Juice

What is going on here? Why is everyone so mad?

I point out how worthless the ratings are in this draft (Coma and Han were on the same team and put up identical WAR with similar status) and was told I'm insane so I put a price on it but now nobody wants to take me up on putting some skin in the game.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Not only will I take you up on it, I'll build my retirement off the skin I've offered to put in the game. I'm confident in my EXCEL based assessment.

IT AINT HARD TO TELL, I EXCEL THEN PREVAIL

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I point out how worthless the ratings are in this draft (Coma and Han were on the same team and put up identical WAR with similar status) and was told I'm insane so I put a price on it but now nobody wants to take me up on putting some skin in the game.
Well first of all those are HS stats, so that's a weird thing to hang on to.

But it looked like skin was in the game and then you upped it to quitting? You need to quit dat.

TonyGin&Juice

Well first of all those are HS stats, so that's a weird thing to hang on to.

But it looked like skin was in the game and then you upped it to quitting? You need to quit dat.

No, from the beginning I put that I was going to quit if he didn't get at least some positive in the show but then troll trollerson had to go and troll it up so I said fuck it and upped before he went full moron.

As far as the HS stats go - you can't have it both ways. If HS stats are inflated (which they are) it's hard to argue Coma has something quantifiably better than the other guys on his team that had similar results and similar intangibles. All I'm trying to do is point out how worthless the scouting reports and projections are from these guys in this latest draft, I'm sure you can see my point here.

TonyGin&Juice

Not only will I take you up on it, I'll build my retirement off the skin I've offered to put in the game. I'm confident in my EXCEL based assessment.

IT AINT HARD TO TELL, I EXCEL THEN PREVAIL

Do you even have $100K? I'm waiting on a wire transfer from Dopenhagen (just closed another deal babby) to my US bank account so I'm probably about $20K short of that in liquidity but I'm sure I've got some shekels in the ol' safe box I could cash out if you're:

richey4real.jpg

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
No, from the beginning I put that I was going to quit if he didn't get at least some positive in the show but then troll trollerson had to go and troll it up so I said fuck it and upped before he went full moron.

As far as the HS stats go - you can't have it both ways. If HS stats are inflated (which they are) it's hard to argue Coma has something quantifiably better than the other guys on his team that had similar results and similar intangibles. All I'm trying to do is point out how worthless the scouting reports and projections are from these guys in this latest draft, I'm sure you can see my point here.
I get the point you are trying to make, but I still don't agree with it. I hope it pans out for you though. That would be awesome.

TonyGin&Juice

I get the point you are trying to make, but I still don't agree with it. I hope it pans out for you though. That would be awesome.

Wait, you disagree with what I'm implying or you don't like me troll trollerson troll trollerson? The latter I get, the former I don't. I mean, who really gives a damn either way since half of these guys end up dying during the sims you and ol' @osick87 aka osick6feetdeep do where they break their backs fucking some chihuahua high on cough syrup and crystal meth never to return from the DL.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
The former, but now the latter because I know I can't get a serious response anymore haha.

TonyGin&Juice

The former, but now the latter because I know I can't get a serious response anymore haha.

I just find some of these scouting evaluations insane, especially when you look at performance history. It's even more insane when the competition is the exact same and the two players in question were on the same team and had similar lines. If this Han fuckstick works out great, if he joins the graveyard of pink turds cut from the minor league abyss, no big deal. Troll Trollerson and the Trollers is gonna continue to troll and Imma continue to kvetch so let's just let hoes be hoes.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I just find some of these scouting evaluations insane, especially when you look at performance history. It's even more insane when the competition is the exact same and the two players in question were on the same team and had similar lines. If this Han fuckstick works out great, if he joins the graveyard of pink turds cut from the minor league abyss, no big deal. Troll Trollerson and the Trollers is gonna continue to troll and Imma continue to kvetch so let's just let hoes be hoes.
I'd just appreciate if you kept them separate.

Anyway, this happens all the time at the HS level. Kids will put up similar stats, but one with be a 30th round pick and the other a second. I guess it just doesn't seem that weird to me. I mean this happens at almost every level, even the minors. HS is just the most exaggerated.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I'm sure you haven't dived deep into the personal finance thread, but I'm the liquidity king round these parts. I like the keep the squirrel fund fully stocked for a rainy day. That's what happens when you've been driving a 92 Toyota 4runner for 15 years while stacking cash living that #DINKLIFE. I've got Okie heritage that is leery of banks and stock markets, so at worst you'd have to wait a few days while I dig my cash out from underneath the snow drifts. I assume you'd accept confederate dollars and gold bullion?

TonyGin&Juice

I'm sure you haven't dived deep into the personal finance thread, but I'm the liquidity king round these parts.

I spent five minutes on the other parts of this site and found myself surrounded by boring white people and didn't return so I must have missed that. I routinely try to keep as little as cash possible and put everything (including the new $22K Cervelo I just ordered) on my Amex Black Card. As long as my life insurance and assets are greater than my debts (usually the case by at least $2M) I don't really care, I find the Dave Ramseys/Mr Money Mustaches of the world to be a bore. Money's great while you can spend, not so good when it's going to fund end-of-life care.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I don't believe in credit cards, which usually works fine for me because I can use my barter system for goods and services round these parts, but occasionally I travel and it is a pain. You should have seen how mad Utopia was about me paying cash for a hotel deposit at this fancy pants place we stayed in Washington D.C. this summer! The desk clerk told me I needed a CC on file and I told her I was paying cash. She then told me I needed a credit card on file to cover incidentals or damage and I told her I was paying cash and I could cover whatever security deposit she required... so she gets this smirk and tells me the deposit is $1,500 thinking nobody walks around DC riding the metro and shit with $1,500 in cash... but boy did I show her when I pulled my money clip out and peeled off 15 crisp notes like I was Tony Fucking Soprano! Anyway, Utopians were SO SHOOK and called me an idiot.

Washington D.C. was a strange and exciting place!

TonyGin&Juice

If the deposit was $1,500 you must have been staying at a dump if you were staying for more than a night. The place I stay at in Dopenhagen for work is $1,200 a night.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
I don't believe in credit cards, which usually works fine for me because I can use my barter system for goods and services round these parts, but occasionally I travel and it is a pain. You should have seen how mad Utopia was about me paying cash for a hotel deposit at this fancy pants place we stayed in Washington D.C. this summer! The desk clerk told me I needed a CC on file and I told her I was paying cash. She then told me I needed a credit card on file to cover incidentals or damage and I told her I was paying cash and I could cover whatever security deposit she required... so she gets this smirk and tells me the deposit is $1,500 thinking nobody walks around DC riding the metro and shit with $1,500 in cash... but boy did I show her when I pulled my money clip out and peeled off 15 crisp notes like I was Tony Fucking Soprano! Anyway, Utopians were SO SHOOK and called me an idiot.

Washington D.C. was a strange and exciting place!

Think of all the credit card points you wasted, IDIOT.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
If the deposit was $1,500 you must have been staying at a dump if you were staying for more than a night. The place I stay at in Dopenhagen for work is $1,200 a night.

I had to pay for it all up front in cash and then do an additional $1,500 on top of that for incidentals and shit. Sorry for the confusion.