• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2054 WBL Season Thread

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
This is starting to look like one of those series where the team looks to have it wrapped up in game 5 but makes a mistake near the end of it and the soul crushing nature of not being able to seal the victory turns the tide and the other team wins out.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Congrats to @ZackMills and @Reel. That series started to get intense, I had a feeling you'd lose if it went to 7 and had to face GOAT KARPETBOMBER in his Peyton Manning type game, so it was good to close it out when you did. Great season as well to @Mr. Radpants, making the series with a group of youngins that will have many more post season appearances. Thanks @Orlando for live simming all day today, that was really fun.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Gave up 2 R in 7 IP which is better than any of your SPs... you def couldn't have used him!

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
And lost the deciding game. WINNING!!!

My offense lost that game. It was 2-1 when Robbie came out IIRC, maybe even 1-1.

The CPU decided to use my 7th inning guy in the 8th when the 8th inning guy was completely rested. It was so stupid. He got shelled.

I wish OOTP cared about online, it would be fun to play chess matches against you guys in the playoffs instead of pacing the skybox like Billy Beane.

Wolfman21

My offense lost that game. It was 2-1 when Robbie came out IIRC, maybe even 1-1.

The CPU decided to use my 7th inning guy in the 8th when the 8th inning guy was completely rested. It was so stupid. He got shelled.

I wish OOTP cared about online, it would be fun to play chess matches against you guys in the playoffs instead of pacing the skybox like Billy Beane.

And my offense lost my series. As usual dohis talking out of his ass

Orlando

Utopia Moderator

There is no 7th or 8th inning guy the way they have it set up.

ZackMills

Have mercy
Another championship not acknowledged by @Reel.

mannings.0.gif

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Here are the batters (with over 100 ABS) sorted by position and WARS won, with some additional batting stats and their snapshot in time ratings.
Link

I also did several multi-variable regression analyses on this data set, like I did in 2049. Found pretty similar patterns to what I found back in 2049 in regards to the relative importance of certain ratings.

This time around the WARS WON coefficients are:

2054 Regression:
[xtable=skin1|128x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=64x@}CON{/td}
{td=64x@}0.31{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}GAP{/td}
{td}0.12{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}POW{/td}
{td}0.19{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}EYE{/td}
{td}0.17{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}K's{/td}
{td}0.10{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}DEF{/td}
{td}0.11{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

2049 Regression:
[xtable=128x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=64x@}CON{/td}
{td=64x@}0.39{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}GAP{/td}
{td}0.08{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} POW{/td}
{td}0.19{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}EYE{/td}
{td}0.13{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}K's{/td}
{td}0.11{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}DEF{/td}
{td}0.10{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Last edited:

Gooksta

Here are the batters (with over 100 ABS) sorted by position and WARS won, with some additional batting stats and their snapshot in time ratings.
Link

I also did several multi-variable regression analyses on this data set, like I did in 2049. Found pretty similar patterns to what I found back in 2049 in regards to the relative importance of certain ratings.

This time around the WARS WON coefficients are:

2054 Regression:
[xtable=skin1|128x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=64x@}CON{/td}
{td=64x@}0.31{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}GAP{/td}
{td}0.12{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}POW{/td}
{td}0.19{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}EYE{/td}
{td}0.17{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}K's{/td}
{td}0.10{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}DEF{/td}
{td}0.11{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
2049 Regression:
[xtable=skin1|128x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=64x@}CON{/td}
{td=64x@}0.39{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}GAP{/td}
{td}0.08{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}POW{/td}
{td}0.19{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}EYE{/td}
{td}0.13{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}K's{/td}
{td}0.11{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}DEF{/td}
{td}0.10{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

way to trade Nazeeh, Thompson and Kievit there @TonyGin&Juice.. ;)

Gooksta

I know, the owner, fans, and budget aren't happy I did it but when you look at what's coming up it wasn't the worst move possible. Still wish I had Rocky though.
yeah. I see what your doing. your rebuild will probably be alot quicker than mine was. lulz

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
yeah. I see what your doing. your rebuild will probably be alot quicker than mine was. lulz

We were HAVE NOTS before, now we're really HAVE NOTS. Going to take some serious work for me to get back to even close to that level but I think some of my upcoming moves and calling up Blanks and Can Son might get the fans coming back.