• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2052 WBL Season Thread

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Stephen Adams with 3 shutout innings and done for the day, now to the dugout to give more Prayers 4 KW.

Ep-22-praying.jpg

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Those Lisbon bats that crushed the ball all season (and playoffs) have been rendered impotent by 2 pitchers with 6+ ERA during the season. The power of prayer.

Now the Mongoloid Mancuso @kella comes in to do his work.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Stephen "0-10" Adams with his second shutout of the post season (we probably give him credit for all the relief pitching, since it was his prayers that helped them, right?).

Props to @TonyGin&Juice for having faith in Adams and starting him again :laughing: Even I questioned Douglass Tagg in 2051 and ruined the season for the riggers by sending him down to AAA.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
This strategy of having Stephen "0-10" Adams crush Lisbon's spirits by luring them into a false sense of confidence in Game 3 and then following it up by starting your best pitcher in Game #4? Oh man that's gotta be soul crushing for Lisbon. You couldn't get a damn run off a 6 ERA pitcher, now you gotta face Robbie Marijuana? RIP Lisbon, it was a good run.

Same gameplan he used against me in our series. I was all cocky after a Game 1 win, then Stephen Adams crushed our spirits in Game 2 and then Robbie Marijuana was the starter in Game 3. LAWD

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
TonyGin the best manager in WBL history

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank @Mr. Radpants for talking me into giving OOTP a shot and for @ZackMills for being a premier ballbuster and @Gooksta for letting me take over his team. Finally, I want to thank Stephen Adams for proving that the W-L record, ERA, FIP, ERA+, WHIP, SO/BB, and BABIP are all meaningless and that sometimes you just have to go with your gut.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Stephen "0-10" Adams is one of my favorite players in the WBL after that. Gonna put him on my shortlist of players I'm going to snag if they ever come up in Free Agency.

The thing I like about him is that he's actually got good ratings, but his stats make him look like a truly Jekyll/Hyde player. He had a good year as a part time starter in 2051, so I don't know why he struggled as badly as he did in the regular season (dat .325 BABIP)? Doesn't matter, he showed up in the playoffs and destroyed all hopes and dreams. This type of stuff is what makes OOTP fun for me, and what also makes me wish @Lloyd Carr would have won the play-in game so he could have had his dreams dashed by ol' "0-10" the GOAT playoff Talisman.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank @Mr. Radpants for talking me into giving OOTP a shot and for @ZackMills for being a premier ballbuster and @Gooksta for letting me take over his team. Finally, I want to thank Stephen Adams for proving that the W-L record, ERA, FIP, ERA+, WHIP, SO/BB, and BABIP are all meaningless and that sometimes you just have to go with your gut.

We welcome Dusty to DC by turning into him.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Haha, I don't care about that but thanks for reminding me about that Frank Thomas loop. First loser gonna get Thomas again this year.