• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2050 Draft Review

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
It seems like OSA is basically nailing every prospect so far

NML seems nervous.... :laughing:

It should be noted that I'm comparing OSA's 2053 ratings to OSA's 2050 ratings, so I would expect them to not change all that much. I think once we get a few more years down the road and this guys start to reach potential (or not) we'll have a better idea of the relative accuracy. that being said, with the one prospect who is far enough along with development to judge (Norman) OSA was more accurate than my scout.

My scout favors "ability" and I'm not sure what that means but he seems a lot lower almost across the board on all prospects than OSA. So while my scout's potential ratings are generally lower, the players often have very similar rankings relative to each other. OSA's top 10 and my Scouts top 10 batters that year were very similar, with players being up or down a slot or two at most relative to the other players. The only player where my scout differed GREATLY from OSA on the relative order of players was taken with the #12 pick, so we'll see how he's done when we get there!

Based on reading the OOTP shit about scouts, I think scouts that favor or heavily favor "tools" are going to be finding more players who have high potential but might bust completely. Then "ability" favored scouts are more realistic/pessimistic about potential, but highlight players who are very likely to develop into WBL (not likely to bust). This would explain why my scout is generally lower in opinion on the very high end players (especially high school players) while he has a slightly higher opinion on some prospects who OSA has rated really low but my scout thinks will be decent WBL role players.

Here is an example of a player my scout is higher on than OSA. OSA's opinions on him haven't changed much, but that doesn't mean OSA is spot on, it just means they haven't changed. My scout has always thought this guy is better than OSA does and his statistical performance in the minor leagues makes me think my scout is more accurate in his case, especially since he's already hitting HRs in AA and AAA at a rate (>5%) that is higher than expected. With a 40 power rating OSA has him listed at, you'd expect 2.5-4% HRs in my parks (for comparison, Vigil hit HRs at a 3.7% clip with 40 power). My scout thinks his power is 45/45 and that definitely matches up better with his statistical performance. Same thing with his eye too, where my scout has him at a 45/50. He gets more walks than you'd expect based on OSA's based on OSA's 35/40 eye projection

http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com/game/lgreports//players/player_4960.html

Either way, this is why I also project my own ratings for minor/major league players based on statistics and this exercise convinces me that I should give more weight to those projections for minor league players (in the WBL I think OSA does a pretty good job)

Last edited:

NML

Ah, I guess I didn't consider that their 2053 ratings could still be wrong in terms of how they'll produce.

Either way, really cool exercise. Am following along.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
With the 1-9 NDR selects Isam Nazih

Isam Nazih had a really good first season in A ball and I probably should have moved him up to AA. I hesitated because of his ratings, and he got bored in A the next half a season, so I moved him up to AA and hoped for the best! He actually played a bit better in AA, so that was good. He played ok in AA in 2052, but I'd still like to see his bat improve a bit and his average to climb to where it should be for his ratings. I'm planning on starting him in AA in 2054 and if he hits as well as he should, moving him up to AAA pretty early. Since I've had him, his contact has increased +15, Power has stayed at 35, and Eye has increased +10. His statistics and lack of power development lead me to believe that he probably won't hit OSA's projection in that area.

[xtable=border:0|cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|673x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{th=colspan:8}BATTING RATINGS (OSA){/th}
{/tr}
{tr}
{th} {/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Vs Left{/th}
{th}Vs Right{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{th} {/th}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Contact{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_08.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_10.png
{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Gap{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_10.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_10.png
{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Power{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_05.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_15.png
{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Eye{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_05.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_10.png
{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Avoid K's{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_07.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_10.png
{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

OSA's projections have generall stayed the same, other than his potential power dropping from 70 to 65. As I mentioned above, I would not be surprised to see this drop more.

[xtable=766x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=84x@} {/td}
{td=64x@}POS{/td}
{td=170x@}Name{/td}
{td=64x@}Age{/td}
{td=64x@}Level{/td}
{td=64x@}CON P{/td}
{td=64x@}GAP P{/td}
{td=64x@}POW P{/td}
{td=64x@}EYE P{/td}
{td=64x@}K P{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} {/td}
{td}C{/td}
{td}Isam Nazih{/td}
{td}18{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}70{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2053{/td}
{td}C{/td}
{td}ISAM NAZIH{/td}
{td}21{/td}
{td}AA{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Difference{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}0{/td}
{td}0{/td}
{td}-5{/td}
{td}0{/td}
{td}0{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

While his bat decreased a bit in value according to OSA, his defense has improved markedly. He started out as a solid defensive catcher prospect, but he's now an elite defensive catcher prospect with 70/70 ratings. His positional ability at catcher is also already at 60, so he's basically WBL ready from a defensive perspective right now. I'm pretty pumped about him as a prospect because he'll fit the rigger mold of ++ defense and his bat should be serviceable at least too!

[xtable=833x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=84x@} {/td}
{td=64x@}POS{/td}
{td=170x@}Name{/td}
{td=64x@}Age{/td}
{td=64x@}Level{/td}
{td=64x@}C ARM{/td}
{td=64x@}C ABI{/td}
{td=64x@}C{/td}
{td=67x@}SPE{/td}
{td=64x@}STE{/td}
{td=64x@}RUN{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} {/td}
{td}C{/td}
{td}Isam Nazih{/td}
{td}18{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}20{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2053{/td}
{td}C{/td}
{td}ISAM NAZIH{/td}
{td}21{/td}
{td}AA{/td}
{td}70{/td}
{td}70{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}20{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Difference{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}10{/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td}25{/td}
{td}0{/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td}0{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

My scout had his hitting potential at 45/55/50/60/50. I'm inclined to favor OSA's projection on contact, since he's already at 45 now and I don't want to be pessimistic, but I actually favor my scout's projection of Gap/Power/Eye based on his development to date and his stats. He's a more well rounded bat than a power bat. He's hitting doubles and walking at a higher rate than OSA would predict and hitting less home runs. I'll say this is the first case where I favor my scout's projection over OSA's based on the stats and dev!

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Ah, I guess I didn't consider that their 2053 ratings could still be wrong in terms of how they'll produce.

Either way, really cool exercise. Am following along.

Yeah, most of these guys are like only half developed, so it is probably too soon to say whether the scout or OSA was more accurate... but based on the stats and dev I'm going to put more weight into OSA's scouting in future drafts. From a draft value perspective, the whole league basically uses OSA as a primary source, so it is useful to consider for that reason anyway.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
With the 1-10 HEL selects Eduardo Aluera
@Orlando

Eduardo started out with really low "current" ratings (25 contact, 25 power, 20 eye) so it is no surprise that he struggled in his first season of A-ball. He improved a lot and played very well in 2052. Orlando moved him up to AA in 2053 and he didn't hit for as high of an average as one might like, but his on base percentage was actually solid thanks to 73 walks (compared to 106 hits). I'm not sure what Orlando will do with him next season, but I'd probably start him in AA until his average comes up and then move him to AAA. He's moved +15 in contact, +15 in power, and +15 in eye so his bat is really developing nicely so far. Orlando must be feeding his players pure HGH! Based on his walk rate, I think OSA might have his eye a bit low. His HR rate projects right in that 40 current power range. He should be hitting for a bit better average, though. He does strike out a lot, so I think OSA is accurate there as well.

[xtable=skin1|border:0|cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|673x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{/tr}
{tr}
{th} {/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Vs Left{/th}
{th}Vs Right{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{th} {/th}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Contact{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_07.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_10.png
{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Gap{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_08.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_08.png
{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Power{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_07.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Eye{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_05.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_10.png
{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Avoid K's{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_03.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_07.png
{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
As you can see, OSA has stayed pretty much the same other than increasing his eye potential by +5, which I already mentioned is backed up by his walk rate in the minors.

[xtable=skin1|766x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=84x@} {/td}
{td=64x@}POS{/td}
{td=170x@}Name{/td}
{td=64x@}Age{/td}
{td=64x@}Level{/td}
{td=64x@}CON P{/td}
{td=64x@}GAP P{/td}
{td=64x@}POW P{/td}
{td=64x@}EYE P{/td}
{td=64x@}K P{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} {/td}
{td}SS{/td}
{td}Eduardo Aluera{/td}
{td}17{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2053{/td}
{td}SS{/td}
{td}Eduardo Aluera{/td}
{td}20{/td}
{td}AA{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Difference{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
He's seen some really nice bumps in his fielding stats. Range went up +5, TDP +10, ERR +15. I still don't think he's a premium SS prospect with 55 range, but with his increase in his other stats he's now a good SS prospect and an excellent 2B/3B prospect. To date, all of his minor league experience is at the SS postion and he's up to a 55 positional rating (I'd project him to max at about 60 with 55 range even though his other ratings are great). The good news is that his statistical range has gone up every year, so it is possible that he still might increase his range even more. His statistical range is more in line with a prospect that is 70 range rating... @Orlando, what ur scout say?

It'll be interesting to see what Orlando does with his development, since he has a SS prospect with more range in his system already. Will we see Aluera move to 2B or 3B in the future to add some versatility to his game? I think his projected power bat relatively unique for a MIF and his development has been outstanding so far, so it looks like Orlando made an excellent pick here.

[xtable=skin1|50x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=84x@} {/td}
{td=64x@}POS{/td}
{td=170x@}Name{/td}
{td=64x@}Age{/td}
{td=64x@}Level{/td}
{td=64x@}IF RNG{/td}
{td=64x@}IF ARM{/td}
{td=64x@}TDP{/td}
{td=64x@}IF ERR{/td}
{td=64x@}SS{/td}
{td=67x@}SPE{/td}
{td=64x@}STE{/td}
{td=64x@}RUN{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} {/td}
{td}SS{/td}
{td}Eduardo Aluera{/td}
{td}17{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}75{/td}
{td}80{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2053{/td}
{td}SS{/td}
{td}Eduardo Aluera{/td}
{td}20{/td}
{td}AA{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}75{/td}
{td}80{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}80{/td}
{td}80{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Difference{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}10{/td}
{td}15{/td}
{td}25{/td}
{td}-5{/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
My scout projected Aluera as having 45/55/50/60/40 potential. We're starting to see a trend here that my scout tends to be lower on contact/power but higher on Gap/Eye. Probably too early to say, but based on development of +5/year in each batting category, I'd tend to favor the highest projection by scout or OSA in each category. I could see him being 50/55/60/60/40

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I liked Aluera. He was the last guy that I was interested in. My plan was to try to trade up until Aluera was off the board, but I quit this draft after my trade was voided.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
My old scout was really high on Aluera. Had him at 60/60/70/55/55 and 60 range. Music Man is more in line with OSA but had him at 60 range as well.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
With the 1-11 KAB selects Cristof Utpadel

Utpadel started out with 30/45/25 ratings and played pretty well in A ball in 2051. He played really well in A ball in 2052. Wolfman started him in A again in 2053, but he played poorly (probably bored) so Wolfman moved him up to AA and he pitched well again. He's added +20 to his current stuff ratings (though some of that is attributable to position change that I'll talk about later) He improved +5 in movement and +15 in control, which is always nice to see in a young pitcher. Slow development of control and slow development of individual pitches (leading to slow dev of stuff) are common problems I've noticed in pitching prospects.

{tbody}
{tr}
{th=colspan:7}PITCHING RATINGS (OSA){/th}
{/tr}
{tr}
{th} {/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Vs Left{/th}
{th}Vs Right{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Stuff{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_10.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_17.png
{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}70{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Movement{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_10.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Control{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_07.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
OSA thinks his movement and control potential have stayed the same, but his stuff has increased +10. +5 of this is likely associated with the increase in velocity, and +5 of it is likely associated with the position change between SP and CL. RP and CL only use the top 2 pitches when calculating stuff, so if you find a SP with 2 really good pitches, you can often turn them into a really nice relief pitcher. This is obviously give and take because CL/RPs provide less value to the team because they pitch less than SPs but they can pitch better in the innings they do pitch with their higher stuff.

Utpadel was prime candidate for this method since he has a 75 potential pitch, a 60 potential pitch, and a 45 potential pitch. If you convert him to an RP/CL and throw out the low 3rd pitch, suddenly he's got a 75 and a 60 pitch. Now his fastball is already 60/60 but his curveball is only 45/75 right now. Wolfman needs to hope that his curveball continues to develop or he might not touch that lofty 70 stuff potential. If his curve does develop all the way up to a 75, he'll have a really nice closer here.

[xtable=skin1|50x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=73x@} {/td}
{td=64x@}POS{/td}
{td=156x@}Name{/td}
{td=64x@}Age{/td}
{td=64x@}Level{/td}
{td=64x@}STU P{/td}
{td=64x@}MOV P{/td}
{td=64x@}CON P{/td}
{td=75x@}VELO{/td}
{td=64x@}STM{/td}
{td=64x@}G/F{/td}
{td=64x@}HLD{/td}
{td=64x@}P{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} {/td}
{td}SP{/td}
{td}Christof Utpadel{/td}
{td}18{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}87-89 Mph{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}GB T{/td}
{td}25{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2053{/td}
{td}CL{/td}
{td}Christof Utpadel{/td}
{td}21{/td}
{td}AA{/td}
{td}70{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}92-94 Mph{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}NEU{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Difference{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}10{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}-5{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td}5{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
My scout is a fucking idiot and had Utpadel at 45/60/45. The goofy thing is that my scout showed the individual pitch ratings all being 45+ so I have no fucking clue where he was getting a 45 stuff potential. Shit like this makes me want to fire my scout and just go with OSA. Scout -1

Anyway, I like this strategy @Wolfman21 used here and I did something similar this season with one of my picks. If I convert him to a RP he'll have a 55 pitch and a 70 pitch. Then since he's young and has a fastball as his first pitch but his velocity is low, you can project a probable velocity increase as well. Add those factors up and an OSA projected 55 stuff as a SP probably go up to 65-70 stuff as an RP. So I take a guy who has the upside to be a potential starter if everything works out and his 3rd pitch improves, or at worst a relief pitcher once I give him the stuff bump by reducing him to 2 pitches. My draft tool will help you highlight guys like this who have high individual pitches and therefore might make better RPs than SPs

http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com/game/lgreports/players/player_8830.html

Last edited:

Wolfman21

I doubt he reaches 75 curveball and my scout agrees. However my scout has his curve sitting at 55/70 right now and he just turned 21. I could see it becoming a 70 pitch easily. I have his position set as closer right now, but he will be a reliever/setup man once he reaches the WBL as Humphrey/Wenden have the closer role pegged down. I would like to use him as a starter, but he hasn't been very good in that role and hes played really well in relief. In drafts I always look for starters that would be average starters as they normally turn out to be above average relievers. When I drafted Utpadel, I was hoping his 3rd pitch would get better. While at 45 it would be "good enough" to be his 3rd pitch, I don't think he would ever be good enough so I would prefer to have him pitch above average out of the pen than below average in the rotation.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
With the 1-11 BER selects Jung-sang Kwon
@Rutgers Mike

Rutgers is going with the set it and forget it dev method here. Kwon struggled in his first season in A ball, but had a solid second season hitting the ball... then he was still in A again and appeared to have gotten a bit bored with it. He started out at 30/35/35 so his contact improved +15 his Power improved +15 and his eye improved +5. Not bad development considering 3 straight seasons in A ball. As you can see, his dev is pretty far along now but all of his stats were lower than they should be given those current ratings, so he'd probably benefit from a move to AA.

{tbody}
{tr}
{/tr}
{tr}
{th} {/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Vs Left{/th}
{th}Vs Right{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{th} {/th}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Contact{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_08.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_10.png
{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Gap{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_10.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_10.png
{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Power{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_10.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Eye{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_07.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_10.png
{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Avoid K's{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_07.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_10.png
{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
OSA hasn't really changed their opinion of him, other than to downgrade his avoid Ks a little bit. I'll be interested to see if he managed to meet his eye potential. If he ends up as a high OBP player, he could be a good leadoff type batter with his speed.

[xtable=skin1|766x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=84x@} {/td}
{td=64x@}POS{/td}
{td=170x@}Name{/td}
{td=64x@}Age{/td}
{td=64x@}Level{/td}
{td=64x@}CON P{/td}
{td=64x@}GAP P{/td}
{td=64x@}POW P{/td}
{td=64x@}EYE P{/td}
{td=64x@}K P{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} {/td}
{td}3B{/td}
{td}Jung-sang Kwon{/td}
{td}17{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2053{/td}
{td}3B{/td}
{td}Jung-sang Kwon{/td}
{td}20{/td}
{td}A{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Difference{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}-5{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
He's had some positive changes in his fielding stats, but unfortunately not in the area where he needs it most (range). With his range of 35 he projects to be a 1B in the WBL. Strangely, his speed and stealing ability both increased by 10. He's one of those players that fields the ball while blindfolded, apparently. I guess this guy highlights the danger of selecting a position player with low range in hopes that his range improves.

[xtable=skin1|50x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=84x@} {/td}
{td=64x@}POS{/td}
{td=170x@}Name{/td}
{td=64x@}Age{/td}
{td=64x@}Level{/td}
{td=64x@}IF RNG{/td}
{td=64x@}IF ARM{/td}
{td=64x@}TDP{/td}
{td=64x@}IF ERR{/td}
{td=64x@}3B{/td}
{td=67x@}SPE{/td}
{td=64x@}STE{/td}
{td=64x@}RUN{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} {/td}
{td}3B{/td}
{td}Jung-sang Kwon{/td}
{td}17{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}70{/td}
{td}80{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2053{/td}
{td}3B{/td}
{td}Jung-sang Kwon{/td}
{td}20{/td}
{td}A{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}70{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}75{/td}
{td}80{/td}
{td}80{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Difference{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td}10{/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td}20{/td}
{td}10{/td}
{td}10{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
I was really interested in this one in particular because my scout was really down on Kwon, so I was interested to see how he turned out. My scout projected his bat as 45/40/60/45/35 My scout has since revised his estimate to 50/45/50/50/45, which is a lot closer to what OSA is projecting. My scout appears to have dicked the dog yet again! @NML better hope his scout is better

(Note, my scout has always had max budget and +45% spent on draft)

Reactions: NML

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
You aren't doing the entire round, are you?

If you waste any words on my non-attention picks after I quit this draft I'm going to fight you.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Rad trying to shake bad draft picks.

Chief Rocka always gonna do that, but really they were just lottery pick high school bums and I was checked out. Travis seems to be putting about an hour of work and HMMMMing into these posts so I was trying to save him the effort.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Chief Rocka always gonna do that, but really they were just lottery pick high school bums and I was checked out. Travis seems to be putting about an hour of work and HMMMMing into these posts so I was trying to save him the effort.

You obviously not as far along in your research... I think this is the draft you took that Indian pitcher with a name like "Drowning Rat" and I was interested in taking him as well, so I'll probably give him a look.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
With the 1-13 Cairo took Alfred Stout

He pitched 2051 and 2052 in A ball, 2051 was a solid season and 2052 was great. He was then promoted to AA in 2053, but he struggled at that level. Probably due for another year in AA until he can figure it out. His current ratings when drafted were 35/50/30. He's Added +10 in movement and +15 in control, both good signs. Where I see a potential problem is the stuff, where he's only moved from 35 to 40 in 3 seasons. If his stuff potential is really 70, he's going to have to increase at a much faster rate than +5 every 3 seasons to make it, especially since he's now 22 years old. I'd like to see his current rating at 45-50 to give me confidence he can make it to 70.

{tbody}
{tr}
{/tr}
{tr}
{th} {/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Vs Left{/th}
{th}Vs Right{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Stuff{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_07.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_17.png
{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}70{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Movement{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Control{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_08.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

OSA has kept his ratings almost exactly the same, other than downgrading his defense a bit. I would guess his true stuff potential rating is probably lower, based on his lack of development. Perhaps his true movement potential is a bit higher since he's already reached it.

[xtable=944x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=73x@} {/td}
{td=64x@}POS{/td}
{td=156x@}Name{/td}
{td=64x@}Age{/td}
{td=64x@}Level{/td}
{td=64x@}STU P{/td}
{td=64x@}MOV P{/td}
{td=64x@}CON P{/td}
{td=75x@}VELO{/td}
{td=64x@}STM{/td}
{td=64x@}G/F{/td}
{td=64x@}HLD{/td}
{td=64x@}P{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} {/td}
{td}CL{/td}
{td}Alfred Stout{/td}
{td}19{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}70{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}87-89 Mph{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td}GB{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2053{/td}
{td}CL{/td}
{td}Alfred Stout{/td}
{td}22{/td}
{td}AA{/td}
{td}70{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}87-89 Mph{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td}GB{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Difference{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}0{/td}
{td}0{/td}
{td}0{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}0{/td}
{td}0{/td}
{td}0{/td}
{td}-5{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

My scout hates pitchers in general, but had an initial 55/55/55 rating for Stout. He's since changed it to a 50/55/60 rating. I think my scout is incorrect about the movement since stout has close to a 60% GB ratio and is giving up extremely few HRs statistically in his first three years. His movement potential is probably at least 60 based on his growth in that area and his stats. After upgrading it, My scout mirrors OSA's opinion of his control now and I think that looks like a decent number based on progression and stats. It is too early to tell on the stuff rating, but I think he'll come in somewhere between the 70 predicted by OSA and the 50 predicted by my scout. The early dev signs do favor my scout's opinion of 50 potential stuff, but we'll see as the years progress. As of now I'm not ready to call a winner.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
With the 1-14 DUB was mad AF but still took Surya Djajadiningrat
@Mr. Radpants

Ahh, the ol' drowning rat. I was interested in taking him in the 2nd if he was still there because he fits that rigger mold. He really struggled in A ball in 2051 and struggled again in 2052. His "current" ratings started off pretty low at 25/45/30, so struggling early isn't a surprise. Rad moved him up to AA in 2053 and he struggled at that level but did post his best season to date, which is encouraging. His Stuff has moved +10, Movement +5, and control +10 in 3 years so his development isn't terrible. Drowning Rat is still on my list of potential players to trade for if he develops to OSA's predicted potential.

{tbody}
{tr}
{/tr}
{tr}
{th} {/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Vs Left{/th}
{th}Vs Right{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Stuff{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_05.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_10.png
{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Movement{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_10.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_12.png
{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Control{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_07.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_15.png
{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
OSA thinks his control potential has dropped by 5 since they first evaluated him. He did get a velocity bump, but not enough to give him a stuff bump, apparently. His hold and defense both went up, which is nice.

[xtable=skin1|50x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=73x@} {/td}
{td=64x@}POS{/td}
{td=156x@}Name{/td}
{td=64x@}Age{/td}
{td=64x@}Level{/td}
{td=64x@}STU P{/td}
{td=64x@}MOV P{/td}
{td=64x@}CON P{/td}
{td=75x@}VELO{/td}
{td=64x@}STM{/td}
{td=64x@}G/F{/td}
{td=64x@}HLD{/td}
{td=64x@}P{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2050{/td}
{td}SP{/td}
{td}Surya Djajadiningrat{/td}
{td}17{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}70{/td}
{td}85-87 Mph{/td}
{td}70{/td}
{td}NEU{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2053{/td}
{td}SP{/td}
{td}Surya Djajadiningrat{/td}
{td}21{/td}
{td}AA{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}86-88 Mph{/td}
{td}70{/td}
{td}NEU{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Difference{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}-5{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td}10{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
My scout originally had him at 45/50/55 potential but has since changed his ratings to match OSA's 50/55/65. Given the amount my scout moved on his ratings compared to OSA, I think this is a win for OSA. Another point against my scout. WOOF.

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Pretty deep into the first round and I'm impressed we are still seeing some WBL quality players. I think there was a bit of a drop off after pick 10 because now we're looking at field players who need a range boost, rigger type pitchers and closers and such but still better chances of making the show than a lot of players in this 2053 draft. We're gonna see a little bigger drop off for the rest of the round.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
With the 1-15 BER took Amennay Mellouk
@Rutgers Mike

Mellouk started off with pretty low current stats, 25 contact, 35 power, 25 eye so it was no surprise that he struggled in his first season in A. He played better in 2052 at the A level. In 2053 he was at the A-level again and played very well with 0.851 OPS. I know Rutgers is rollin on that "don't touch anything" dev plan, but dude should definitely be promoted to AA next year. He's improved +15 contact, +10 Power, and +10 eye so his dev has been pretty good to date.

{tbody}
{tr}
{/tr}
{tr}
{th} {/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Vs Left{/th}
{th}Vs Right{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{th} {/th}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Contact{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_07.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_08.png
{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Gap{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_10.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_12.png
{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Power{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_08.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Eye{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_05.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_12.png
{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Avoid K's{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_03.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_07.png
{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

OSA hasn't really changed their opinion on him, other than to lower his power potential by 5. I'm not sure if Rutgers made this pick or of the CPU did, but it was probably a bit of a reach in the 1st round when there were still a lot of decent players on the board. The combination of 45 contact/40ks potential means his low average and high strike out rate will be pretty rough in the WBL. The only time I really consider guys like this is when they have like 80 power, and even then it is rough watching them break strike out records, like RUFF RIDHA

[xtable=766x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=84x@} {/td}
{td=64x@}POS{/td}
{td=170x@}Name{/td}
{td=64x@}Age{/td}
{td=64x@}Level{/td}
{td=64x@}CON P{/td}
{td=64x@}GAP P{/td}
{td=64x@}POW P{/td}
{td=64x@}EYE P{/td}
{td=64x@}K P{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2050{/td}
{td}1B{/td}
{td}Amennay Mellouk{/td}
{td}18{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2053{/td}
{td}1B{/td}
{td}Amennay Mellouk{/td}
{td}21{/td}
{td}A{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Difference{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}0{/td}
{td}0{/td}
{td}-5{/td}
{td}0{/td}
{td}0{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

From a fielding perspective, his range dropped 5 but his error rating increased 10. For a 1B this is actually probably a good tradeoff. His positional rating has developed nicely, and he's probably close to maxed out at the 1B position. His stealing and base running stats going up 5 doesn't hurt, but he isn't going to be running those bases too rapidly anyway.

[xtable=961x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=84x@} {/td}
{td=64x@}POS{/td}
{td=170x@}Name{/td}
{td=64x@}Age{/td}
{td=64x@}Level{/td}
{td=64x@}IF RNG{/td}
{td=64x@}IF ARM{/td}
{td=64x@}TDP{/td}
{td=64x@}IF ERR{/td}
{td=64x@}1B{/td}
{td=67x@}SPE{/td}
{td=64x@}STE{/td}
{td=64x@}RUN{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2050{/td}
{td}1B{/td}
{td}Amennay Mellouk{/td}
{td}18{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}20{/td}
{td}20{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2053{/td}
{td}1B{/td}
{td}Amennay Mellouk{/td}
{td}21{/td}
{td}A{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}20{/td}
{td}25{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Difference{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}-5{/td}
{td}0{/td}
{td}0{/td}
{td}10{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td}0{/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td}5{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

My scout originally had him at 40/50/55/50/35 potential and now has him at 45/55/60/55/40 which means my scout bumped him +5 across the board up to about what OSA's estimate is. Once again I find my scout's initial HOT TAKE was wrong and his current rating matches more with what OSA says. HMMMMM

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
With the 1-16 AMD took Jorge Colon
@OU11

Here we are at the 16th pick and I think OU prolly got the best closer of the bunch. He started with 35/45/30 current ratings and has progressed +15, +5, and +10 from that point. He pitched well in his first season in A-ball, struggled in AA in 2052, but played really well in AA in 2053. Fucking HAVES getting good value this late in the 1st. The part I like about him is that he's got 2 highly rated pitches instead of just one, so his stuff development shouldn't stall too bad if he fails to reach one of them.

{tbody}
{tr}
{/tr}
{tr}
{th} {/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Vs Left{/th}
{th}Vs Right{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Stuff{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_10.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_18.png
{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}75{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Movement{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_10.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_12.png
{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Control{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_07.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

This is yet another case of a young pitcher with a fastball but relatively low velocity getting a really nice stuff bump when his velocity jumps. The fact that his movement and control stayed the same is just awesome for OU. Really solid looking pitcher here and his development rates relative to current ratings make me think he's got a solid chance of hitting his potential or at least coming close. @Mr. Radpants could have had this guy if he wasn't boycotting.

[xtable=944x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=73x@} {/td}
{td=64x@}POS{/td}
{td=156x@}Name{/td}
{td=64x@}Age{/td}
{td=64x@}Level{/td}
{td=64x@}STU P{/td}
{td=64x@}MOV P{/td}
{td=64x@}CON P{/td}
{td=75x@}VELO{/td}
{td=64x@}STM{/td}
{td=64x@}G/F{/td}
{td=64x@}HLD{/td}
{td=64x@}P{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} {/td}
{td}CL{/td}
{td}Jorge Colón{/td}
{td}17{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}91-93 Mph{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td}FB T{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2053{/td}
{td}CL{/td}
{td}Jorge Colón{/td}
{td}20{/td}
{td}AA{/td}
{td}75{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}96-98 Mph{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}FB{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

My scout originally had him at 55/50/50 and has since gave him the same +10 stuff bump but also a +10 control bump too. So now he at 65/50/60. I'd say OSA did a better job of projecting yet again. This has been a common theme on almost every single pitcher for me.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
With the 1-17 SEO selects Shawn Stone
@Karl Hungus

Like most 17 year olds, Shawn Stone started out with pretty low "current" ratings with 20 contact, 25 power, and 20 eye. Surprisingly, he played pretty darn well in 2051, given those low starting ratings (we've seen most 17 year olds struggle that first season) and he hit for .736 OPS which is pretty nice for such a young player, particularly from a MIF position. In 2052 he was still in A-ball and improved a little more and hit .776 OPS. Nice to see a player manage 2 good seasons in a row at the same level without suffering from boredom. I was beginning to get worried that was going to be a constant theme. In 2053 he moved up to AA and had his best season hitting yet, with an extremely nice 0.963 OPS. He's played 119 games each season, with a pretty nice split between 2B and SS experience. His current ratings have improved nicely since that draft timetable, he's +20 contact, +10 power, and +10 eye. With such rapid improvement in contact, one could feel optimistic that OSA might have his potential just a little too low? If he gets to 50 contact he'll be a nice WBL player. His .339 average last season makes me a believer!

{tbody}
{tr}
{/tr}
{tr}
{th} {/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Vs Left{/th}
{th}Vs Right{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{th} {/th}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Contact{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_07.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_08.png
{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Gap{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_12.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_12.png
{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Power{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_05.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_12.png
{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Eye{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_03.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_07.png
{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Avoid K's{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_10.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_12.png
{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

OSA stayed pretty constant on his bat ratings, giving him only a +5 upgrade on the eye. Given the growth rate and stats, I'd not be surprised to see his contact bump up to 50 at some point. That's kind of the minimum level for WBL level performance for most players, so it would be really nice for him to get there. I

[xtable=766x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=84x@} {/td}
{td=64x@}POS{/td}
{td=170x@}Name{/td}
{td=64x@}Age{/td}
{td=64x@}Level{/td}
{td=64x@}CON P{/td}
{td=64x@}GAP P{/td}
{td=64x@}POW P{/td}
{td=64x@}EYE P{/td}
{td=64x@}K P{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2050{/td}
{td}2B{/td}
{td}Shawn Stone{/td}
{td}17{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2053{/td}
{td}2B{/td}
{td}Shawn Stone{/td}
{td}20{/td}
{td}AA{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Difference{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}0{/td}
{td}0{/td}
{td}0{/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td}0{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

When it comes to fielding increases, he's seen a very nice increase across the board at least +5 in each infield category, that's an awesome sign! from a positional perspective, he's gone from a 0 rating to a 35 at SS and from a 30 to a 55 at 2B. Unlike Orlando's guy, his statistical range doesn't look quite as good as his rating range. Hopefully that'll improve as he gets better positional ratings though. If Sooners runs him something like a 3/4 SS 1/4 2B split, he should be up to 60 in each position in another 2 years, which will give him some nice utility infield ability at the least. He'd be a good 3B too, so it would be worth getting him some time there as well. At his worst, his increase in fielding ratings should allow him to reach the WBL as a utility infield player. If he gets to 50 contact, he could be a solid starter as well. He's got some RUN FOREST RUN type base running stats, which I'm not crazy about.

[xtable]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=84x@} {/td}
{td=64x@}POS{/td}
{td=170x@}Name{/td}
{td=64x@}Age{/td}
{td=64x@}Level{/td}
{td=64x@}IF RNG{/td}
{td=64x@}IF ARM{/td}
{td=64x@}TDP{/td}
{td=64x@}IF ERR{/td}
{td=64x@}2B{/td}
{td=64x@}SS{/td}
{td=67x@}SPE{/td}
{td=64x@}STE{/td}
{td=64x@}RUN{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2050{/td}
{td}2B{/td}
{td}Shawn Stone{/td}
{td}17{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}70{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2053{/td}
{td}2B{/td}
{td}Shawn Stone{/td}
{td}20{/td}
{td}AA{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}75{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Difference{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td}10{/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td}25{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td}0{/td}
{td}0{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

My scout had his bat rated at 35/55/45/55/55 in 2050. I'd say my scout was definitely wrong about the contact portion based on his growth and because he's already hitting at better than 35 contact in AA. This is a HUGE problem for me because I'd never draft a player with 35 potential contact, because my scout would have to be WAY wrong for them to be WBL capable. Well, I think we're potentially seeing that here. Based on his walk rate and eye dev, I tend to think my scout is wrong there too. I don't think he was ever going to get to a 55 eye based on what I'm seeing (though eye develops late so you never know). Power wise, it is too early to tell. My scout did nail his fielding ratings, and OSA moved all theirs up to match, so at least he wasn't wrong about everything. Still, being so wrong about the most important rating for a field player (contact) makes me upset with my scout. Another win for OSA.

I'll be interested to follow Shawn Stone's career. If he tops out at 45 contact, he's a utility infielder at best. If he tops out at 50 contact (or better!) then he could be a nice player.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
@Travis7401

Thanks. I like Stone, a lot. He's one of the few draft prospects that my scout has actually liked. He sees the potential ratings a bit higher, 55/55/60/45/60 (eye potential has gone up 10) with 60/65/70/60 defensive, with 60 at 2nd, 40 at short. I want to get him third base experience, too, but he could even be a good outfielder, with 60/70/70 out there.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Damn, that's what mine favors too. Fuck I don't have a clue then. If your scout loves a guy and my scout hates a guy, that tends to make me just value OSA's opinion. lol.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
With the 1-18 SF selects Jason von Krintzen

Ol' Blockhead pitched extremely well in A-ball for half of 2051 and earned a promotion to AA where he struggled. In 2052 he repeated that strategy, lighting up AA for half a season before being promoted to AAA in the second half and struggling a bit. Then he went for the combo breaker and just flat struggled in AAA in 2053 for the whole season and is VERY UNHAPPY now. Perhaps We'll see the other side of that Jekyll/Hyde coin next year and he'll pitch well again. He was drafted out of college with 40/50/35 ratings, which probably explains why he played so well in A ball to start. He's since bumped +20 on stuff, stayed flat in movement (Where he showed up fully developed) and bumped +15 in his control rating. Really nice development for this guy, and I'm guessing his next ratings bump in the offseason will have him looking pretty darn WBL ready coming out of the bullpen (or as a not traditional limited starter in ZM's rotation?). I'll be interested to see if ZM promotes him or lets him get his shit figured out in AAA first. Based on his rough promotion history, I'd probably let him figure shit out in AAA first, because he's not currently pitching to his ratings.

{tbody}
{tr}
{/tr}
{tr}
{th} {/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Vs Left{/th}
{th}Vs Right{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Stuff{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Movement{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_10.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_10.png
{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Control{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_10.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

OSA doesn't think he's changed one bit since he showed up, other than giving him a slight velocity boost. I think the development shows OSA to be pretty accurate, but the stats have been so hit or miss that it is really hard to tell what this guy has. The only thing that worries me about him is his extremely high BABIP. I wonder if that relatively low movement is allowing hitters to get more of the ball when they do make contact?

[xtable=944x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=73x@} {/td}
{td=64x@}POS{/td}
{td=156x@}Name{/td}
{td=64x@}Age{/td}
{td=64x@}Level{/td}
{td=64x@}STU P{/td}
{td=64x@}MOV P{/td}
{td=64x@}CON P{/td}
{td=75x@}VELO{/td}
{td=64x@}STM{/td}
{td=64x@}G/F{/td}
{td=64x@}HLD{/td}
{td=64x@}P{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} {/td}
{td}CL{/td}
{td}Jason von Krintzen{/td}
{td}20{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}91-93 Mph{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}GB T{/td}
{td}75{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2053{/td}
{td}CL{/td}
{td}Jason von Krintzen{/td}
{td}23{/td}
{td}AAA{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}92-94 Mph{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}GB T{/td}
{td}75{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Difference{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}0{/td}
{td}0{/td}
{td}0{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}0{/td}
{td}0{/td}
{td}0{/td}
{td}0{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

My scout originally had him at 55/50/55 for the draft, but now has him at 60/50/60 just like OSA. Fuckin scout, WRONG AGAIN.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Just FYI, I'm only doing the first 19 picks, which is what I consider the standard length for the first round (with Hunger Games pick included, obvi). Last review for Mr. 1st round irrelevant is incoming.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
With the 1-19 Cairo Selects Garland McIlrath

Garland played pretty well in A-ball in 2051. He played A-ball again in 2052 and played pretty similar to how he did in 2051, just kind of an average season but nothing to write home about. In 2053 he moved up to AA and had another average season. Mr. Generic here. When he was picked, his current ratings were 35/40/30. He's progressed +15 in stuff, +5 in movement, and +15 in control. Pretty solid development again and he's starting to close in on his potential here. He'll probably be close to it after this offseason. I imagine we'll see him move up to AAA this year and probably pitch another average year! His ratings are kind of borderline for the WBL but he does have his best rating where it counts most and he has 3 good pitches and 55 stamina, so he could turn into a serviceable #5 type starter.

{tbody}
{tr}
{/tr}
{tr}
{th} {/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Vs Left{/th}
{th}Vs Right{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Stuff{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_10.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Movement{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_08.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_10.png
{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Control{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_08.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_10.png
{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Garland's potential hasn't changed much according to OSA, his hold increased by +5. These college age draft picks seem to fluctuate a bit less than the high school pitchers. He didn't get the stuff boost associated with an increase in VELO we see so often in the younger pitchers. He's not a terrible pitcher, but I'm not sure if @NML was picking at this point or if it was the computer, but there were a couple of pitchers I had rated better than him that ended up going in the 2nd round.

[xtable=944x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=73x@} {/td}
{td=64x@}POS{/td}
{td=156x@}Name{/td}
{td=64x@}Age{/td}
{td=64x@}Level{/td}
{td=64x@}STU P{/td}
{td=64x@}MOV P{/td}
{td=64x@}CON P{/td}
{td=75x@}VELO{/td}
{td=64x@}STM{/td}
{td=64x@}G/F{/td}
{td=64x@}HLD{/td}
{td=64x@}P{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} {/td}
{td}SP{/td}
{td}Garland McIlrath{/td}
{td}19{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}95-97 Mph{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}FB T{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2053{/td}
{td}SP{/td}
{td}Garland McIlrath{/td}
{td}23{/td}
{td}AA{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}95-97 Mph{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}FB T{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Difference{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}0{/td}
{td}0{/td}
{td}0{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}0{/td}
{td}0{/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td}0{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

My scout originally had him at 50/45/45 and now has him at 55/50/50. I know that's only +5 in each category, but for a borderline prospect it makes a HUGE differences. I tend to favor OSA's opinion on his stuff even now because OSA has him with 3 60+ potential pitches. My scout also has him with 3 60+ potential pitches but is giving him a stuff rating of 55 potential, which doesn't make a lot of sense. Fuck my scout, this rigger ain't getting paid shit from here on out.

/fin

NML

That was still the CPU. I think I took over in 2051, but for that draft I traded away all my picks.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Pick 1-1 is a dandy! Start us out with some drama.

With the 1-1, the LRM select MORITZ NORMAN (lol)

As you can see, Norman has developed nicely, and is in the WBL now (not for LRM, lol). Despite a hectic start to his career, he is at his full potential in every area other than eye. He's currently an MVP candidate with 7.4 WARS WON
{tbody}
{tr}
{/tr}
{tr}
{th} {/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Vs Left{/th}
{th}Vs Right{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{th} {/th}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Contact{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Gap{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_15.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_15.png
{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Power{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_15.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_15.png
{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Eye{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_17.png
{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}70{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Avoid K's{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_12.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_12.png
{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
Lets take a look at the difference between his predicted potential and his current potential in 2053. I'd say OSA was pretty close. They predicted him to be a stud hitter and he is. Slightly better than predicted, but certainly a good scouting report. He was pretty old when drafted for the 2nd time, so perhaps OSA just had plenty of data on him? Maybe that results in more accurate scouting? We'll have to see if any trends appear.

[xtable=skin1|766x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=84x@} {/td}
{td=64x@}POS{/td}
{td=170x@}Name{/td}
{td=64x@}Age{/td}
{td=64x@}Level{/td}
{td=64x@}CON P{/td}
{td=64x@}GAP P{/td}
{td=64x@}POW P{/td}
{td=64x@}EYE P{/td}
{td=64x@}K P{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2050{/td}
{td}CF{/td}
{td}Moritz Norman{/td}
{td}21{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}70{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2053{/td}
{td}RF{/td}
{td}Moritz Norman{/td}
{td}24{/td}
{td}ML{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}70{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Difference{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
Now lets look at his fielding, positional ratings, and running:
[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=84x@} {/td}
{td=64x@}POS{/td}
{td=170x@}Name{/td}
{td=64x@}IF RNG{/td}
{td=64x@}IF ARM{/td}
{td=64x@}TDP{/td}
{td=64x@}IF ERR{/td}
{td=64x@}OF RNG{/td}
{td=64x@}OF ARM{/td}
{td=64x@}OF ERR{/td}
{td=64x@}LF{/td}
{td=64x@}CF{/td}
{td=64x@}RF{/td}
{td=67x@}SPE{/td}
{td=64x@}STE{/td}
{td=64x@}RUN{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2050{/td}
{td}CF{/td}
{td}Moritz Norman{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}25{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2053{/td}
{td}RF{/td}
{td}Moritz Norman{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Difference{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}-10{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}-5{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}-5{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}5{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
As you can see, the fielding ratings he uses (OF RNG, OF ARM, OF ERR) are unchanged but there seems to be a "use it or lose it element" in that he lost some of his infield range. His positional rating at RF has developed nicely, up to +40 and a solid 65 overall. He's lost 5 points as a CF and he's stayed the same at LF. He's played 155 games at CF so it is a bit surprising to me to see him lose some of his ability in that category. I don't think I've seen many players lose positional ability as long as they are playing it pretty regularly. We'll have to check to see if that loss happened in one of those years he sat on his ass waiting to be re-drafted? Maybe he only lost that bit of ability this season because he didn't play CF at all? It might behoove @Mr. Radpants to get him some reps in spring training or next year at CF so he can keep his versatility in case a CF gets injured. He's never going to be a + CF with 60 range, but he'd be good enough in a pinch (and would obviously still be + with his bat). His speed dropped 5 (which I've seen pretty regularly in my own prospects as they hit 24-25) and his base running went up 5.

FWIW, my scout predicted NORMAN to have hitting ratings of: 50/60/65/65/45, so lets say that's a win for OSA and a loss for Travis_Scout

2056 UPDATE. Moritz Norman is now at full potential in all areas, including his eye (probably honed his eye during intergalactic exploration missions) and he's a star in the league.

{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Contact{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Gap{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Power{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_15.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_15.png
{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Eye{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_17.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_17.png
{/td}
{td}70{/td}
{td}70{/td}
{td}70{/td}
{td}70{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Avoid K's{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_12.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_12.png
{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Comparing 2050 to 2053 and 2056 potential, we can see OSA's estimate of his potential (which he has now fully reached) hasn't changed all that much. He got a +5 bump to contact and power.

[xtable=border:0|cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|640x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=64x21} {/td}
{td=64x@}POS{/td}
{td=170x@}Name{/td}
{td=64x@}Age{/td}
{td=64x@}Level{/td}
{td=64x@}CON P{/td}
{td=64x@}GAP P{/td}
{td=64x@}POW P{/td}
{td=64x@}EYE P{/td}
{td=64x@}K P{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=right|64x29}2050{/td}
{td=64x@}CF{/td}
{td=64x@}Moritz Norman{/td}
{td=right|64x@}21{/td}
{td=64x@} {/td}
{td=right|64x@}55{/td}
{td=right|64x@}60{/td}
{td=right|64x@}60{/td}
{td=right|64x@}70{/td}
{td=right|64x@}55{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=right|64x29}2053{/td}
{td=64x@}RF{/td}
{td=right|64x@}24{/td}
{td=64x@}ML{/td}
{td=right|64x@}60{/td}
{td=right|64x@}65{/td}
{td=right|64x@}65{/td}
{td=right|64x@}70{/td}
{td=right|64x@}55{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=right|64x29}2056{/td}
{td=64x@}RF{/td}
{td=right|64x@}27{/td}
{td=64x@}ML{/td}
{td=right|64x@}60{/td}
{td=right|64x@}60{/td}
{td=right|64x@}65{/td}
{td=right|64x@}70{/td}
{td=right|64x@}55{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=64x29}Difference{/td}
{td=64x@} {/td}
{td=64x@} {/td}
{td=64x@} {/td}
{td=64x@} {/td}
{td=right|64x@}5{/td}
{td=right|64x@}0{/td}
{td=right|64x@}5{/td}
{td=right|64x@}0{/td}
{td=right|64x@}0{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Looking at fielding ratings, you can see he lost his IF raw ratings through time, so you can see that lack of use does likely cause a decrease. His raw outfield ratings have stayed pretty much the same, other than getting a +5 bump in OF ARM. His positional ratings jumped a bunch in RF between 2050 and 2053 as he gained experience at the position, but topped out at 65 (which surprises me because he projects higher, could be due to low work ethic?). He lost 5 positional rating at CF due to lack of time spent there. He could likely be a 60 or 65 rated LF positional player in a single spring training of cross training if @Mr.Radpants wanted to add some versatility to him.

[xtable=skin1|border:0|cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=84x21} {/td}
{td=64x@}POS{/td}
{td=170x@}Name{/td}
{td=64x@}IF RNG{/td}
{td=64x@}IF ARM{/td}
{td=64x@}TDP{/td}
{td=64x@}IF ERR{/td}
{td=64x@}OF RNG{/td}
{td=64x@}OF ARM{/td}
{td=64x@}OF ERR{/td}
{td=64x@}LF{/td}
{td=64x@}CF{/td}
{td=64x@}RF{/td}
{td=67x@}SPE{/td}
{td=64x@}STE{/td}
{td=64x@}RUN{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=right|64x29}2050{/td}
{td=64x@}CF{/td}
{td=64x@}50{/td}
{td=64x@}40{/td}
{td=64x@}40{/td}
{td=64x@}35{/td}
{td=64x@}60{/td}
{td=64x@}60{/td}
{td=64x@}65{/td}
{td=64x@}45{/td}
{td=64x@}50{/td}
{td=64x@}25{/td}
{td=64x@}55{/td}
{td=64x@}55{/td}
{td=64x@}60{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=right|64x29}2053{/td}
{td=64x@}RF{/td}
{td=64x@}40{/td}
{td=64x@}40{/td}
{td=64x@}40{/td}
{td=64x@}35{/td}
{td=64x@}60{/td}
{td=64x@}60{/td}
{td=64x@}65{/td}
{td=64x@}45{/td}
{td=64x@}45{/td}
{td=64x@}65{/td}
{td=64x@}50{/td}
{td=64x@}55{/td}
{td=64x@}65{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=right|64x29}2056{/td}
{td=64x@}RF{/td}
{td=64x@}35{/td}
{td=64x@}35{/td}
{td=64x@}35{/td}
{td=64x@}35{/td}
{td=64x@}60{/td}
{td=64x@}65{/td}
{td=64x@}65{/td}
{td=64x@}45{/td}
{td=64x@}45{/td}
{td=64x@}65{/td}
{td=64x@}45{/td}
{td=64x@}55{/td}
{td=64x@}65{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=64x29}Difference{/td}
{td=64x@} {/td}
{td=64x@} {/td}
{td=64x@}-15{/td}
{td=64x@}-5{/td}
{td=64x@}-5{/td}
{td=64x@}0{/td}
{td=64x@}0{/td}
{td=64x@}5{/td}
{td=64x@}0{/td}
{td=64x@}0{/td}
{td=64x@}-5{/td}
{td=64x@}40{/td}
{td=64x@}-10{/td}
{td=64x@}0{/td}
{td=64x@}5{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
With the 1-2 the Istanbul Ottomans pick Barney Knowles

Barney Knowles pitched well in one season each at the A, AA, and AAA levels. He got his cup of coffee this year in the WBL and has provided @Yankee151 with a nice spark. I'm not sure why Yankee is so eager to grind his seed corn by throwing a 21 year old pitcher in the mix, (Norman was drafted for his 2nd out of 3rd times when he was 21) but that bold strategy seems to have paid off, Cotton, since Knowles has a 2-0 record in a crucial playoff race

Here are his current ratings. He's generally developed pretty well, but his control is still low (this tends to be one of the later developing traits I think). Hopefully yankee's scout's got him better off because throwing a 40 control dude in the WBL is asking for a lot of walks. Obviously the record talks, so Yankee got this, bro.

{tbody}
{tr}
{/tr}
{tr}
{th} {/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Vs Left{/th}
{th}Vs Right{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Stuff{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_10.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_17.png
{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}70{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Movement{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Control{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_07.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
Knowles got the classic velocity jump that lead to an improvement in his stuff (doesn't have a fast ball, but still throws hard now). +10 in Stuff and -5 potential in the other two categories. I think anyone who has followed my posts about pitching ratings would take that trade. His pitcher defense dropped to 35, so he's not great defensively but that doesn't seem to matter much. Stamina still holding strong at 70!

[xtable=skin1|712x150]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=73x@} {/td}
{td=64x@}POS{/td}
{td=156x@}Name{/td}
{td=64x@}Age{/td}
{td=64x@}Level{/td}
{td=64x@}STU P{/td}
{td=64x@}MOV P{/td}
{td=64x@}CON P{/td}
{td=75x@}VELO{/td}
{td=64x@}STM{/td}
{td=64x@}G/F{/td}
{td=64x@}HLD{/td}
{td=64x@}P{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2050{/td}
{td}SP{/td}
{td}Barney Knowles{/td}
{td}17{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}89-91 Mph{/td}
{td}70{/td}
{td}GB{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2053{/td}
{td}SP{/td}
{td}Barney Knowles{/td}
{td}21{/td}
{td}AAA{/td}
{td}70{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}96-98 Mph{/td}
{td}70{/td}
{td}GB{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Difference{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}10{/td}
{td}-5{/td}
{td}-5{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}-5{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
Rigger scout had him at 50/60/60... We'll call this one a draw since OSA was off by 20 points cumulative and rigger scout was off by 20 points on his stuff but got the other two right. Still, OSA's data seems more useful.

Bump @Yankee151
With the 1-2 the Istanbul Ottomans pick Barney Knowles

As you can see, Barney Knowles is now essentially fully developed at 70/60/60 current ratings and has been a very good WBL pitcher the last two seasons. Here are his current ratings and potential

{tbody}
{tr}
{/tr}
{tr}
{th} {/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Vs Left{/th}
{th}Vs Right{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Stuff{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_17.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_18.png
{/td}
{td}70{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}75{/td}
{td}75{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Movement{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Control{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
Looking at the changes through time, we see solid additions to his "Stuff" rating that likely correspond with his increase in velocity. His movement and control each dropped 5 points from the initial OSA estimate, but have held steady since 2053.

[xtable=skin1|border:0|cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|50x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=64x20} {/td}
{td=64x@}POS{/td}
{td=156x@}Name{/td}
{td=64x@}Age{/td}
{td=64x@}Level{/td}
{td=64x@}STU P{/td}
{td=64x@}MOV P{/td}
{td=64x@}CON P{/td}
{td=75x@}VELO{/td}
{td=64x@}STM{/td}
{td=64x@}G/F{/td}
{td=64x@}HLD{/td}
{td=64x@}P{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=right|64x28}2050{/td}
{td=64x@}SP{/td}
{td=64x@}Barney Knowles{/td}
{td=right|64x@}17{/td}
{td=64x@} {/td}
{td=right|64x@}60{/td}
{td=right|64x@}65{/td}
{td=right|64x@}65{/td}
{td=64x@}89-91 Mph{/td}
{td=right|64x@}70{/td}
{td=64x@}GB{/td}
{td=right|64x@}50{/td}
{td=right|64x@}40{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=right|64x28}2053{/td}
{td=64x@}SP{/td}
{td=right|64x@}21{/td}
{td=64x@}AAA{/td}
{td=right|64x@}70{/td}
{td=right|64x@}60{/td}
{td=right|64x@}60{/td}
{td=64x@}96-98 Mph{/td}
{td=right|64x@}70{/td}
{td=64x@}GB{/td}
{td=right|64x@}50{/td}
{td=right|64x@}35{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=right|64x28}2056{/td}
{td=64x@}SP{/td}
{td=right|64x@}24{/td}
{td=64x@}WBL{/td}
{td=right|64x@}75{/td}
{td=right|64x@}60{/td}
{td=right|64x@}60{/td}
{td}97-99 Mph{/td}
{td=right|64x@}70{/td}
{td=64x@}GB{/td}
{td=right|64x@}55{/td}
{td=right|64x@}30{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=64x28}Difference{/td}
{td=64x@} {/td}
{td=64x@} {/td}
{td=64x@} {/td}
{td=64x@} {/td}
{td=right|64x@}15{/td}
{td=right|64x@}-5{/td}
{td=right|64x@}-5{/td}
{td=64x@} {/td}
{td=64x@} {/td}
{td=64x@} {/td}
{td=right|64x@}5{/td}
{td=right|64x@}-10{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
Rigger scout had him at 50/60/60... rigger scout was correct about both his movement and control potential but was off by 25 on his stuff potential (OSA was off by 15). The scout and OSA were each off by about the same cumulative amount, so I'll call it a draw (though I think OSA did a better job of capturing what type of quality pitcher he might be).

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I think throwing him in the deep end like I did made him who he is, not every 21 year old gets to pitch in a game that decides the WS champ. He has been HUNGRY ever since

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
With the 1-3, the LISBON select DANIEL HONOUR(lol radpants strikes again)

@Mr. Radpants obtained Mr. Honour through trade, but you can see Dublin's wheeling and dealing ways helped them acquire multiple top prospects.

Honour played a few years in the Lisbon system, getting most of his time in LF (a mistake, IMO) before entering the Dublin system and getting time at 1B and 3B, which are a better fit for his skillset. He hit well at every level, which isn't a surprise. He'd likely be a marginal/serviceable 3B when it comes to fielding, but a +1B. Having the versatility to play well in both spots would obviously give him added value, as he has a nice bat and is already far enough along in development to be a solid contributor in the WBL next season (got his cup of coffee this year).

{tbody}
{tr}
{/tr}
{tr}
{th} {/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Vs Left{/th}
{th}Vs Right{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{th} {/th}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Contact{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_12.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Gap{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_08.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_10.png
{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Power{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_07.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_12.png
{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Eye{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_07.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_12.png
{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Avoid K's{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_15.png
{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
OSA's predictions on his potential have stayed pretty much the same, only dropping his eye just a bit.
[xtable=skin1|766x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=84x@} {/td}
{td=64x@}POS{/td}
{td=170x@}Name{/td}
{td=64x@}Age{/td}
{td=64x@}Level{/td}
{td=64x@}CON P{/td}
{td=64x@}GAP P{/td}
{td=64x@}POW P{/td}
{td=64x@}EYE P{/td}
{td=64x@}K P{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2050{/td}
{td}LF{/td}
{td}Daniel Honour{/td}
{td}19{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2053{/td}
{td}1B{/td}
{td}Daniel Honour{/td}
{td}22{/td}
{td}AAA{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Difference{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}-5{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
His fielding ratings have stayed pretty much the same, other than a +5 in a few infield categories and a -5 in OF Range. His positional skills have increase +5 at LF and decreased -5 at RF. He was given a lot of playing time in LF (337 games) so he was likely close to maxed out at 45 positional but he might have gotten to a 50 positional rating but been a defensive drag because of his low range. At 1B he's developed nicely in 100 games from a 25 positional to a 40 positional. With another full season of working on 1B in spring training and AAA level, he should at least get to 50 or 55 positional ratings at 1B. He's only played 30 games at 3B, so that's another area he could improve but it would probably take a couple seasons of experience to get him serviceable. Basically, @Schauwn wasted a couple of years of key development by playing him at a position he wasn't naturally suited for. Then @Mr. Radpants obtained him and gave him a solid season at his natural 1B position. Honour is only 22 and his bat isn't fully developed, so I'd expect Rad to play him at least one more year in AAA to get those positional ratings up, but it is still a shame that his fielding ratings aren't further along already. If Rad had him the whole time, I'd expect he'd be a +1B and a neutral 3B by now.

[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=84x@} {/td}
{td=64x@}POS{/td}
{td=170x@}Name{/td}
{td=64x@}Age{/td}
{td=64x@}Level{/td}
{td=64x@}IF RNG{/td}
{td=64x@}IF ARM{/td}
{td=64x@}TDP{/td}
{td=64x@}IF ERR{/td}
{td=64x@}OF RNG{/td}
{td=64x@}OF ARM{/td}
{td=64x@}OF ERR{/td}
{td=64x@}1B{/td}
{td=64x@}3B{/td}
{td=64x@}LF{/td}
{td=64x@}RF{/td}
{td=67x@}SPE{/td}
{td=64x@}STE{/td}
{td=64x@}RUN{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2050{/td}
{td}LF{/td}
{td}Daniel Honour{/td}
{td}19{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}25{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2053{/td}
{td}1B{/td}
{td}Daniel Honour{/td}
{td}22{/td}
{td}AAA{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}25{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Difference{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}-5{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}15{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td}-5{/td}
{td}-5{/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
His speed dropped 5 and his stealing went up 5. Speed drops seem pretty typical, while the base running/stealing skills might increase.

My scout was pretty high on honour, predicting 55/55/55/60/60 hitting ratings. He's not far enough along in his dev to call this a win for OSA or a win for the scout, but they were relatively close. If he hits his OSA potential in the future, I'll say my scout was a bit low on him. I'd consider it a tie right now.

BUMP @Schauwn and @Mr. Radpants

With the 1-3, the LISBON select DANIEL HONOUR (Traded to Dublin Later)

At this point, Honour is having his breakout WBL season with 3.3 WARS won this year. He's mostly developed, but still has a little room to grow in both the contact and power departments, according to OSA.

{tbody}
{tr}
{/tr}
{tr}
{th} {/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Vs Left{/th}
{th}Vs Right{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{th} {/th}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Contact{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_12.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Gap{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_10.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_10.png
{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Power{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_10.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_12.png
{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Eye{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_12.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_12.png
{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Avoid K's{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Through time his potential ratings according to OSA stayed pretty consistent. He lost 5 points off his eye potential and 5 points off his Ks potential during the last 6 years. Given that he's almost fully developed and had a nice 2056 season, I think it is a fair guess that he'll reach potential in all of these areas.

[xtable=667x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=91x@} {/td}
{td=64x@}POS{/td}
{td=64x@}Name{/td}
{td=64x@}Age{/td}
{td=64x@}Level{/td}
{td=64x@}CON P{/td}
{td=64x@}GAP P{/td}
{td=64x@}POW P{/td}
{td=64x@}EYE P{/td}
{td=64x@}K P{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=91x@}2050{/td}
{td=64x@}LF{/td}
{td=64x@}Daniel Honour{/td}
{td=64x@}19{/td}
{td=64x@} {/td}
{td=64x@}60{/td}
{td=64x@}50{/td}
{td=64x@}55{/td}
{td=64x@}60{/td}
{td=64x@}65{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=91x@}2053{/td}
{td=64x@}1B{/td}
{td=64x@}22{/td}
{td=64x@}AAA{/td}
{td=64x@}60{/td}
{td=64x@}50{/td}
{td=64x@}55{/td}
{td=64x@}55{/td}
{td=64x@}65{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=91x@}2056{/td}
{td=64x@}1B{/td}
{td=64x@}25{/td}
{td=64x@}WBL{/td}
{td=64x@}60{/td}
{td=64x@}50{/td}
{td=64x@}55{/td}
{td=64x@}55{/td}
{td=64x@}60{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=91x@}Difference{/td}
{td=64x@} {/td}
{td=64x@} {/td}
{td=64x@} {/td}
{td=64x@} {/td}
{td=64x@} {/td}
{td=64x@} {/td}
{td=64x@} {/td}
{td=64x@}-5{/td}
{td=64x@}-5{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Honour is a guy who was initially listed at LF, but his OF range started at 45 so he was moved to 1B where he could be a +defender. His OF range has since dropped, which is typical for players who no longer play an of position. His infield stats have generally increased (+5 each) except for range which is -5. He's progreassed from an initial 1B rating of 25 (40 in 2053) to a solid WBL level 60 rated 1B with + fielding statistics at the position. I predict he might still have a bit of room to grow and he could get to 65 positional rating. Either way, he's a +1B

[xtable]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=91x@} {/td}
{td=64x@}POS{/td}
{td=64x@}Name{/td}
{td=64x@}Age{/td}
{td=64x@}Level{/td}
{td=64x@}IF RNG{/td}
{td=64x@}IF ARM{/td}
{td=64x@}TDP{/td}
{td=64x@}IF ERR{/td}
{td=64x@}OF RNG{/td}
{td=64x@}OF ARM{/td}
{td=64x@}OF ERR{/td}
{td=64x@}1B{/td}
{td=64x@}3B{/td}
{td=64x@}LF{/td}
{td=64x@}RF{/td}
{td=64x@}SPE{/td}
{td=64x@}STE{/td}
{td=64x@}RUN{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=91x@}2050{/td}
{td=64x@}LF{/td}
{td=64x@}19{/td}
{td=64x@} {/td}
{td=64x@}50{/td}
{td=64x@}50{/td}
{td=64x@}30{/td}
{td=64x@}40{/td}
{td=64x@}45{/td}
{td=64x@}60{/td}
{td=64x@}50{/td}
{td=64x@}25{/td}
{td=64x@}30{/td}
{td=64x@}40{/td}
{td=64x@}30{/td}
{td=64x@}50{/td}
{td=64x@}55{/td}
{td=64x@}35{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=91x@}2053{/td}
{td=64x@}1B{/td}
{td=64x@}22{/td}
{td=64x@}AAA{/td}
{td=64x@}50{/td}
{td=64x@}55{/td}
{td=64x@}35{/td}
{td=64x@}40{/td}
{td=64x@}40{/td}
{td=64x@}60{/td}
{td=64x@}50{/td}
{td=64x@}40{/td}
{td=64x@}30{/td}
{td=64x@}45{/td}
{td=64x@}25{/td}
{td=64x@}45{/td}
{td=64x@}60{/td}
{td=64x@}35{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=91x@}2056{/td}
{td=64x@}1B{/td}
{td=64x@}25{/td}
{td=64x@}WBL{/td}
{td=64x@}45{/td}
{td=64x@}55{/td}
{td=64x@}35{/td}
{td=64x@}45{/td}
{td=64x@}35{/td}
{td=64x@}60{/td}
{td=64x@}50{/td}
{td=64x@}60{/td}
{td=64x@}35{/td}
{td=64x@}40{/td}
{td=64x@}25{/td}
{td=64x@}35{/td}
{td=64x@}60{/td}
{td=64x@}35{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=91x@}Difference{/td}
{td=64x@} {/td}
{td=64x@} {/td}
{td=64x@} {/td}
{td=64x@} {/td}
{td=64x@}-5{/td}
{td=64x@}5{/td}
{td=64x@}5{/td}
{td=64x@}5{/td}
{td=64x@}-10{/td}
{td=64x@}0{/td}
{td=64x@}0{/td}
{td=64x@}35{/td}
{td=64x@}5{/td}
{td=64x@}0{/td}
{td=64x@}-5{/td}
{td=64x@}-15{/td}
{td=64x@}5{/td}
{td=64x@}0{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

My scout was pretty high on honour, predicting 55/55/55/60/60 hitting ratings. I'd say this one is probably a tie between OSA and my scout, as they were both pretty close in the first place and his current ratings are similar to both predictions.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
With the 1-4, SF selects VALENTIN KARSHEV

Karshev has regularly been rated as one of the top prospects in the WBL for the past few seasons. He had a really rough start in A ball his first year, but I think that can be attributed to his young age (drafted at 16 and started in A ball at 17). His second season in A was much better and he also had a nice season in AA in 2053. He's been developing well all across the board, and it is nice to see his eye come along so early (one of the later developing hitting areas it seems). To me that might signify OSA is a little low on his potential in that area, since it is already so good. I'd say he's still 1-2 seasons from being WBL ready at this point, I wonder if @ZackMills plans to give him a 2nd season in AA or move him up to AAA? I try not to move players up to AAA unless they are 21, as I want all the squirrel kings to be able to drink together, but maybe liquor laws have changed by 2053? His defensive rating at catcher is still quite a ways off his potential and I'd like to see that increase because that's where a lot of his value is going to come from.

I notice his ABs are very consistent year over year as well, care to weigh in on your development philosophy here, @ZackMills?

{tbody}
{tr}
{/tr}
{tr}
{th} {/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Vs Left{/th}
{th}Vs Right{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{th} {/th}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Contact{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_07.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_12.png
{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Gap{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_07.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_07.png
{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Power{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_08.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_15.png
{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Eye{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_12.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Avoid K's{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_07.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_12.png
{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
OSA's predictions on his potential were pretty accurate, though they are predicting his power/eye to be a little lower than they originally predicted. Based on the early development of his eye, I'd tend to disagree and think we might see OSA revise their estimates, especially given the fact that he walked 90 times last season in .400 ABs. I'll be interested to keep an eye on his eye!

[xtable=skin1|766x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=84x@} {/td}
{td=64x@}POS{/td}
{td=170x@}Name{/td}
{td=64x@}Age{/td}
{td=64x@}Level{/td}
{td=64x@}CON P{/td}
{td=64x@}GAP P{/td}
{td=64x@}POW P{/td}
{td=64x@}EYE P{/td}
{td=64x@}K P{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2050{/td}
{td}C{/td}
{td}Valentin Karshev{/td}
{td}16{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}70{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2053{/td}
{td}C{/td}
{td}19{/td}
{td}AA{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Difference{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}-5{/td}
{td}-5{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
Looking at his fielding ratings, his catcher ability and arm, which show his potential, have stayed the same and he should be a phenomenal WBL level catcher once he develops. His positional rating has increased by 10, so I'd predict another 1-2 seasons (depending on his dev this offseason) before he's at the WBL positional threshold level of 55-60 I like to see. Lost a little speed, which seems to be the trend at this point.
[xtable=skin1|625x150]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=84x@} {/td}
{td=64x@}POS{/td}
{td=170x@}Name{/td}
{td=64x@}Age{/td}
{td=64x@}Level{/td}
{td=64x@}C ARM{/td}
{td=64x@}C ABI{/td}
{td=64x@}C{/td}
{td=67x@}SPE{/td}
{td=64x@}STE{/td}
{td=64x@}RUN{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2050{/td}
{td}C{/td}
{td}16{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}70{/td}
{td}70{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}25{/td}
{td}25{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2053{/td}
{td}C{/td}
{td}19{/td}
{td}AA{/td}
{td}70{/td}
{td}70{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}20{/td}
{td}25{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Difference{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}10{/td}
{td}-5{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
My scout is higher on his potential eye and power than OSA is. It is too early in the development process to project where he might end up, but I'm inclined to believe my scout's estimate of his eye, given it is already at 55 and he's only 19. My scout initially had his power at 80 potential but has since backed off to 70 potential, which is still higher than OSA's projection. Based on his development and hitting to date, I'd tend to believe the OSA projection of 65 power potential at this point. To early to call it, but I favor my scout's projection of his eye and favor OSA's projection of his Power. The next couple of seasons will probably be pretty key for seeing what's going to happen to the power portion of his bat!

BUMP @ZackMills @Reel and @Wooly now that he runs San Fran

With the 1-4, SF selects VALENTIN KARSHEV

Valentin is wrapping up his second great season as a WBL catcher and he's fully developed according to OSA.

{tbody}
{tr}
{/tr}
{tr}
{th} {/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Vs Left{/th}
{th}Vs Right{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{th} {/th}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Contact{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Gap{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_08.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_08.png
{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Power{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_15.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_15.png
{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Eye{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Avoid K's{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_12.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_12.png
{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

OSA's initial estimate of his potential was pretty darn good, IMO. He's added +5 in a few areas and -5 in a few, but generally he's fully developed into the type of bat they said he would be.

[xtable=border:0|cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|640x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=64x20} {/td}
{td=64x@}POS{/td}
{td=170x@}Name{/td}
{td=64x@}Age{/td}
{td=64x@}Level{/td}
{td=64x@}CON P{/td}
{td=64x@}GAP P{/td}
{td=64x@}POW P{/td}
{td=64x@}EYE P{/td}
{td=64x@}K P{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=64x@}C{/td}
{td=64x@}Valentin Karshev{/td}
{td=right|64x@}16{/td}
{td=64x@} {/td}
{td=right|64x@}55{/td}
{td=right|64x@}40{/td}
{td=right|64x@}70{/td}
{td=right|64x@}65{/td}
{td=right|64x@}55{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=64x@}C{/td}
{td=right|64x@}19{/td}
{td=64x@}AA{/td}
{td=right|64x@}55{/td}
{td=right|64x@}40{/td}
{td=right|64x@}65{/td}
{td=right|64x@}60{/td}
{td=right|64x@}55{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=64x@}C{/td}
{td=right|64x@}22{/td}
{td=64x@}WBL{/td}
{td=right|64x@}60{/td}
{td=right|64x@}45{/td}
{td=right|64x@}65{/td}
{td=right|64x@}60{/td}
{td=right|64x@}55{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=64x@} {/td}
{td=64x@} {/td}
{td=64x@} {/td}
{td=64x@} {/td}
{td=right|64x@}5{/td}
{td=right|64x@}5{/td}
{td=right|64x@}-5{/td}
{td=right|64x@}-5{/td}
{td=right|64x@}0{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Karshev's Raw fielding ratings have always been 70/70 which made him an ultra premium catcher prospect. I was a bit concerned during my first update in 2053 that his position rating hadn't increased as much as I'd have liked. He's since gone from 45 rated catcher to an 80 rated catcher and more than made up for that initial slow development. I'm going to blame the LACK OF A ROOKIE LEAGUE for that initial slow development, and say he's fortunate to have caught up.

[xtable=skin1|border:0|cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|625x150]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=84x20} {/td}
{td=64x@}POS{/td}
{td=170x@}Name{/td}
{td=64x@}Age{/td}
{td=64x@}Level{/td}
{td=64x@}C ARM{/td}
{td=64x@}C ABI{/td}
{td=64x@}C{/td}
{td=67x@}SPE{/td}
{td=64x@}STE{/td}
{td=64x@}RUN{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=64x@}C{/td}
{td=right|64x@}16{/td}
{td=64x@} {/td}
{td=right|64x@}70{/td}
{td=right|64x@}70{/td}
{td=right|64x@}35{/td}
{td=right|64x@}25{/td}
{td=right|64x@}25{/td}
{td=right|64x@}40{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=64x@}C{/td}
{td=right|64x@}19{/td}
{td=64x@}AA{/td}
{td=right|64x@}70{/td}
{td=right|64x@}70{/td}
{td=right|64x@}45{/td}
{td=right|64x@}20{/td}
{td=right|64x@}25{/td}
{td=right|64x@}40{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=64x@}C{/td}
{td=right|64x@}22{/td}
{td=64x@}WBL{/td}
{td=right|64x@}70{/td}
{td=right|64x@}70{/td}
{td=right|64x@}80{/td}
{td=right|64x@}20{/td}
{td=right|64x@}25{/td}
{td=right|64x@}40{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=64x@} {/td}
{td=64x@} {/td}
{td=64x@} {/td}
{td=64x@} {/td}
{td=right|64x@}0{/td}
{td=right|64x@}0{/td}
{td=right|64x@}45{/td}
{td=right|64x@}-5{/td}
{td=right|64x@}0{/td}
{td=right|64x@}0{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

My Scout had Karshev rated as 50/45/80/60/50 and his defensive ratings at 65/70. In this case I definitely favor OSA's projection. While my scout was right in a few areas, OSA was closer in contact and power, which I think are the most important aspects of his bat. OSA did a much better job capturing the character of his bat.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
With the 1-5 LIS select KENNY POWERS

@Schauwn is giving ol' Kenny some @Reel style development here... in 2051, Kenny played mostly in the bullpen as a closer maybe? Anyway, 60 innings pitched and he played well. In 2052 he was in A ball again and did not pitch well. In 2053 he was in A again and pitched well for the entire season without being moved up. I get knocked for developing my prospects slowly, but Kenny may retire in Toledo at this rate! Looking at his history, his stuff was low enough that A was probably the correct choice for him in 2052. With a bad season I might have started him in A again, but would have probably moved him up to AA by midseason. I'm no expert, but hopefully Schauwn moves him up to AA next year because he should probably be ready for that. His development actually has been pretty good so far, his ratings started at 25/45/30 and he's now at 40/50/40

{tbody}
{tr}
{/tr}
{tr}
{th} {/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Vs Left{/th}
{th}Vs Right{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Stuff{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_07.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_15.png
{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Movement{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_10.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_12.png
{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Control{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_07.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_15.png
{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
OSA's potential ratings haven't changed much at all. His stuff has improved +5 (probably due to the small velocity bump) and it would be really nice for Schauwn if he could hit that 65 stuff mark about the time Schauwn's other pitchers are ready to get paid too much.

[xtable=skin1|50x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=73x@} {/td}
{td=64x@}POS{/td}
{td=156x@}Name{/td}
{td=64x@}Age{/td}
{td=64x@}Level{/td}
{td=64x@}STU P{/td}
{td=64x@}MOV P{/td}
{td=64x@}CON P{/td}
{td=75x@}VELO{/td}
{td=64x@}STM{/td}
{td=64x@}G/F{/td}
{td=64x@}HLD{/td}
{td=64x@}P{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2050{/td}
{td}SP{/td}
{td}Kenny Powers{/td}
{td}16{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}89-91 Mph{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}GB T{/td}
{td}80{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2053{/td}
{td}SP{/td}
{td}Kenny Powers{/td}
{td}20{/td}
{td}A{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}91-93 Mph{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}GB T{/td}
{td}80{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Difference{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
My scout had him at 50/55/55 potential originally and currently has him at 60/55/60. He isn't far enough along in his dev to tell where he'll end up, but I have a problem with my scout changing his potential ratings that much, so I'd say this one is a win for OSA.

BUMP @Schauwn and @TonyGin&Juice

With the 1-5 LIS select KENNY POWERS

Kenny Powers was treated like a dirty whore and sent to Miami's AAA affiliate. Where he is currently VERY UNHAPPY after a disappointing season. He spent 3 years at A and 2.5 years at AA. His pitches have a bit of room left for development, so he could still reach his 60 stuff potential, but he's maxed out on his movement and control according to OSA.

{tbody}
{tr}
{/tr}
{tr}
{th} {/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Vs Left{/th}
{th}Vs Right{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Stuff{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_10.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Movement{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_12.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_12.png
{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Control{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_10.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_10.png
{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

OSA's original assessment of his stuff and movement seems to have been accurate, but his control really fell off from the initial estimate. That takes him from being a very good WBL pitcher to a marginal WBL pitcher, IMO. He did see the Velo boost bump to stuff potential in 2053, but his pitches stalled a bit and he dropped back down to 60 potential in this 2056 assessment.

[xtable=skin1|border:0|cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|50x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=73x20} {/td}
{td=64x@}POS{/td}
{td=156x@}Name{/td}
{td=64x@}Age{/td}
{td=64x@}Level{/td}
{td=64x@}STU P{/td}
{td=64x@}MOV P{/td}
{td=64x@}CON P{/td}
{td=75x@}VELO{/td}
{td=64x@}STM{/td}
{td=64x@}G/F{/td}
{td=64x@}HLD{/td}
{td=64x@}P{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=64x@}SP{/td}
{td=64x@}Kenny Powers{/td}
{td=right|64x@}17{/td}
{td=64x@} {/td}
{td=right|64x@}60{/td}
{td=right|64x@}55{/td}
{td=right|64x@}65{/td}
{td=64x@}89-91 Mph{/td}
{td=right|64x@}55{/td}
{td=64x@}GB T{/td}
{td=right|64x@}80{/td}
{td=right|64x@}45{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=64x@}SP{/td}
{td=right|64x@}20{/td}
{td=64x@}A{/td}
{td=right|64x@}65{/td}
{td=right|64x@}55{/td}
{td=right|64x@}65{/td}
{td=64x@}91-93 Mph{/td}
{td=right|64x@}55{/td}
{td=64x@}GB T{/td}
{td=right|64x@}80{/td}
{td=right|64x@}45{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=64x@}SP{/td}
{td=right|64x@}23{/td}
{td=64x@}WBL{/td}
{td=right|64x@}60{/td}
{td=right|64x@}55{/td}
{td=right|64x@}50{/td}
{td=64x@}91-93 Mph{/td}
{td=right|64x@}55{/td}
{td=64x@}GB T{/td}
{td=right|64x@}80{/td}
{td=right|64x@}40{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=64x@} {/td}
{td=64x@} {/td}
{td=64x@} {/td}
{td=64x@} {/td}
{td=right|64x@}0{/td}
{td=right|64x@}0{/td}
{td=right|64x@}-15{/td}
{td=64x@} {/td}
{td=right|64x@}0{/td}
{td=64x@} {/td}
{td=right|64x@}0{/td}
{td=right|64x@}-5{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

My scout had him as 50/55/55. I initially was mad at my scout in 2053 for blowing this rating because my scout had revised his ratings to reflect OSA's... but now it looks like my scout is pretty accurate compared to his current ratings. I don't want to call this one in favor of OSA or my scout yet, because he still has some room for development. If he hits his 60 stuff potential, I'll favor OSA's projection. If he doesn't, then I'll favor my scout's projection.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
He's getting called up next year. I should have called him up this year but I was too busy trying to tank and failing.