• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2050 Draft Review

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Well, we're a few years away from the first draft analysis tool I created, so I figure I'd give you guys a look at how some of those players have changed through the years. I've created a database search tool that matches a player's current OSA potential ratings with their OSA draft prospect potential ratings. I was particularly interested in how the individual fielding ratings might change through time (hoping that all those horrible fielders might have at least a chance of improving?). I'm still working on analysis, but I figured I'd make a thread to share my findings as I look through the first round player by player. I'd say the 2050 class was a good bit deeper than this 2051 class. While I'm only going to focus on the first round, feel free to ask about other players you'd like to see a comparison for.

My initial hypothesis is that you'll see a regression towards the WBL mean of 50-55 ratings (ie maybe slight declines in potential of the super highly touted players might drop a little bit, but a lot more of those 40 ratings probably come up as well). I also based my draft spreadsheet tool around the hypothesis that ratings with no "potential" version likely don't change much (the individual fielding ratings like range, and base running ratings, etc) So you'd be hoping for like a +5 or something max, but not counting on major increases turning low range SS prospects into WBL shortstops. So lets test a few thinks out 3 years down the road!

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
The one thing that sucks is the "analyze this draft" on the website doesn't work..I loved looking back on drafts with that.

NML

really-good-point.gif

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Pick 1-1 is a dandy! Start us out with some drama.

With the 1-1, the LRM select MORITZ NORMAN (lol)

As you can see, Norman has developed nicely, and is in the WBL now (not for LRM, lol). Despite a hectic start to his career, he is at his full potential in every area other than eye. He's currently an MVP candidate with 7.4 WARS WON
[xtable=skin1|border:0|cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|673x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{th=colspan:8}BATTING RATINGS (OSA){/th}
{/tr}
{tr}
{th} {/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Vs Left{/th}
{th}Vs Right{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{th} {/th}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Contact{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Gap{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_15.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_15.png
{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Power{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_15.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_15.png
{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Eye{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_17.png
{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}70{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Avoid K's{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_12.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_12.png
{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
Lets take a look at the difference between his predicted potential and his current potential in 2053. I'd say OSA was pretty close. They predicted him to be a stud hitter and he is. Slightly better than predicted, but certainly a good scouting report. He was pretty old when drafted for the 2nd time, so perhaps OSA just had plenty of data on him? Maybe that results in more accurate scouting? We'll have to see if any trends appear.

[xtable=skin1|766x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=84x@} {/td}
{td=64x@}POS{/td}
{td=170x@}Name{/td}
{td=64x@}Age{/td}
{td=64x@}Level{/td}
{td=64x@}CON P{/td}
{td=64x@}GAP P{/td}
{td=64x@}POW P{/td}
{td=64x@}EYE P{/td}
{td=64x@}K P{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2050{/td}
{td}CF{/td}
{td}Moritz Norman{/td}
{td}21{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}70{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2053{/td}
{td}RF{/td}
{td}Moritz Norman{/td}
{td}24{/td}
{td}ML{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}70{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Difference{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
Now lets look at his fielding, positional ratings, and running:
[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=84x@} {/td}
{td=64x@}POS{/td}
{td=170x@}Name{/td}
{td=64x@}IF RNG{/td}
{td=64x@}IF ARM{/td}
{td=64x@}TDP{/td}
{td=64x@}IF ERR{/td}
{td=64x@}OF RNG{/td}
{td=64x@}OF ARM{/td}
{td=64x@}OF ERR{/td}
{td=64x@}LF{/td}
{td=64x@}CF{/td}
{td=64x@}RF{/td}
{td=67x@}SPE{/td}
{td=64x@}STE{/td}
{td=64x@}RUN{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2050{/td}
{td}CF{/td}
{td}Moritz Norman{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}25{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2053{/td}
{td}RF{/td}
{td}Moritz Norman{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Difference{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}-10{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}-5{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}-5{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}5{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
As you can see, the fielding ratings he uses (OF RNG, OF ARM, OF ERR) are unchanged but there seems to be a "use it or lose it element" in that he lost some of his infield range. His positional rating at RF has developed nicely, up to +40 and a solid 65 overall. He's lost 5 points as a CF and he's stayed the same at LF. He's played 155 games at CF so it is a bit surprising to me to see him lose some of his ability in that category. I don't think I've seen many players lose positional ability as long as they are playing it pretty regularly. We'll have to check to see if that loss happened in one of those years he sat on his ass waiting to be re-drafted? Maybe he only lost that bit of ability this season because he didn't play CF at all? It might behoove @Mr. Radpants to get him some reps in spring training or next year at CF so he can keep his versatility in case a CF gets injured. He's never going to be a + CF with 60 range, but he'd be good enough in a pinch (and would obviously still be + with his bat). His speed dropped 5 (which I've seen pretty regularly in my own prospects as they hit 24-25) and his base running went up 5.

FWIW, my scout predicted NORMAN to have hitting ratings of: 50/60/65/65/45, so lets say that's a win for OSA and a loss for Travis_Scout

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
With the 1-2 the Istanbul Ottomans pick Barney Knowles

Barney Knowles pitched well in one season each at the A, AA, and AAA levels. He got his cup of coffee this year in the WBL and has provided @Yankee151 with a nice spark. I'm not sure why Yankee is so eager to grind his seed corn by throwing a 21 year old pitcher in the mix, (Norman was drafted for his 2nd out of 3rd times when he was 21) but that bold strategy seems to have paid off, Cotton, since Knowles has a 2-0 record in a crucial playoff race

Here are his current ratings. He's generally developed pretty well, but his control is still low (this tends to be one of the later developing traits I think). Hopefully yankee's scout's got him better off because throwing a 40 control dude in the WBL is asking for a lot of walks. Obviously the record talks, so Yankee got this, bro.

{tbody}
{tr}
{th=colspan:7}PITCHING RATINGS (OSA){/th}
{/tr}
{tr}
{th} {/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Vs Left{/th}
{th}Vs Right{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Stuff{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_10.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_17.png
{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}70{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Movement{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Control{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_07.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
Knowles got the classic velocity jump that lead to an improvement in his stuff (doesn't have a fast ball, but still throws hard now). +10 in Stuff and -5 potential in the other two categories. I think anyone who has followed my posts about pitching ratings would take that trade. His pitcher defense dropped to 35, so he's not great defensively but that doesn't seem to matter much. Stamina still holding strong at 70!

[xtable=skin1|712x150]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=73x@} {/td}
{td=64x@}POS{/td}
{td=156x@}Name{/td}
{td=64x@}Age{/td}
{td=64x@}Level{/td}
{td=64x@}STU P{/td}
{td=64x@}MOV P{/td}
{td=64x@}CON P{/td}
{td=75x@}VELO{/td}
{td=64x@}STM{/td}
{td=64x@}G/F{/td}
{td=64x@}HLD{/td}
{td=64x@}P{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2050{/td}
{td}SP{/td}
{td}Barney Knowles{/td}
{td}17{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}89-91 Mph{/td}
{td}70{/td}
{td}GB{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2053{/td}
{td}SP{/td}
{td}Barney Knowles{/td}
{td}21{/td}
{td}AAA{/td}
{td}70{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}96-98 Mph{/td}
{td}70{/td}
{td}GB{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Difference{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}10{/td}
{td}-5{/td}
{td}-5{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}-5{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
Rigger scout had him at 50/60/60... We'll call this one a draw since OSA was off by 20 points cumulative and rigger scout was off by 20 points on his stuff but got the other two right. Still, OSA's data seems more useful.

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
That's what Bill Tremblett did for me in his first September, then he tore his labia and has now re-torn it a bunch. RIP BILL

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Travis really likes to season his prospects. Wants them all to be 30 when he brings them up.

Well there is method to DECADES OF DOMINANCE. You have dudes like Kusuma come up at like age 19 because @NML left it to the CPU. Now he's 24 and having a midlife crisis year where he fuckin falls apart like he's 35. 1 year drinking as an adult with the AAA team is my franchise rule! Roosevelt had his 22nd birthday and there were no "3 wise-men" shot induced blackouts, so I feel he's ready to be a man!

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
With the 1-3, the LISBON select DANIEL HONOUR(lol radpants strikes again)

@Mr. Radpants obtained Mr. Honour through trade, but you can see Dublin's wheeling and dealing ways helped them acquire multiple top prospects.

Honour played a few years in the Lisbon system, getting most of his time in LF (a mistake, IMO) before entering the Dublin system and getting time at 1B and 3B, which are a better fit for his skillset. He hit well at every level, which isn't a surprise. He'd likely be a marginal/serviceable 3B when it comes to fielding, but a +1B. Having the versatility to play well in both spots would obviously give him added value, as he has a nice bat and is already far enough along in development to be a solid contributor in the WBL next season (got his cup of coffee this year).

{tbody}
{tr}
{/tr}
{tr}
{th} {/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Vs Left{/th}
{th}Vs Right{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{th} {/th}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Contact{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_12.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Gap{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_08.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_10.png
{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Power{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_07.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_12.png
{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Eye{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_07.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_12.png
{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Avoid K's{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_15.png
{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
OSA's predictions on his potential have stayed pretty much the same, only dropping his eye just a bit.
[xtable=skin1|766x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=84x@} {/td}
{td=64x@}POS{/td}
{td=170x@}Name{/td}
{td=64x@}Age{/td}
{td=64x@}Level{/td}
{td=64x@}CON P{/td}
{td=64x@}GAP P{/td}
{td=64x@}POW P{/td}
{td=64x@}EYE P{/td}
{td=64x@}K P{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2050{/td}
{td}LF{/td}
{td}Daniel Honour{/td}
{td}19{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2053{/td}
{td}1B{/td}
{td}Daniel Honour{/td}
{td}22{/td}
{td}AAA{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Difference{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}-5{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
His fielding ratings have stayed pretty much the same, other than a +5 in a few infield categories and a -5 in OF Range. His positional skills have increase +5 at LF and decreased -5 at RF. He was given a lot of playing time in LF (337 games) so he was likely close to maxed out at 45 positional but he might have gotten to a 50 positional rating but been a defensive drag because of his low range. At 1B he's developed nicely in 100 games from a 25 positional to a 40 positional. With another full season of working on 1B in spring training and AAA level, he should at least get to 50 or 55 positional ratings at 1B. He's only played 30 games at 3B, so that's another area he could improve but it would probably take a couple seasons of experience to get him serviceable. Basically, @Schauwn wasted a couple of years of key development by playing him at a position he wasn't naturally suited for. Then @Mr. Radpants obtained him and gave him a solid season at his natural 1B position. Honour is only 22 and his bat isn't fully developed, so I'd expect Rad to play him at least one more year in AAA to get those positional ratings up, but it is still a shame that his fielding ratings aren't further along already. If Rad had him the whole time, I'd expect he'd be a +1B and a neutral 3B by now.

[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=84x@} {/td}
{td=64x@}POS{/td}
{td=170x@}Name{/td}
{td=64x@}Age{/td}
{td=64x@}Level{/td}
{td=64x@}IF RNG{/td}
{td=64x@}IF ARM{/td}
{td=64x@}TDP{/td}
{td=64x@}IF ERR{/td}
{td=64x@}OF RNG{/td}
{td=64x@}OF ARM{/td}
{td=64x@}OF ERR{/td}
{td=64x@}1B{/td}
{td=64x@}3B{/td}
{td=64x@}LF{/td}
{td=64x@}RF{/td}
{td=67x@}SPE{/td}
{td=64x@}STE{/td}
{td=64x@}RUN{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2050{/td}
{td}LF{/td}
{td}Daniel Honour{/td}
{td}19{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}25{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2053{/td}
{td}1B{/td}
{td}Daniel Honour{/td}
{td}22{/td}
{td}AAA{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}25{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Difference{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}-5{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}15{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td}-5{/td}
{td}-5{/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
His speed dropped 5 and his stealing went up 5. Speed drops seem pretty typical, while the base running/stealing skills might increase.

My scout was pretty high on honour, predicting 55/55/55/60/60 hitting ratings. He's not far enough along in his dev to call this a win for OSA or a win for the scout, but they were relatively close. If he hits his OSA potential in the future, I'll say my scout was a bit low on him. I'd consider it a tie right now.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
When I thought I had the 1-3 and 1-5 in the cookies trade, I was hoping to go Karshev 1-3 and Honour 1-5.

Also Naif had such a good year that Schauwn won the trade I guess. I made a crucial mistake trading Naif instead of VAUGHN, but Naif probably fetched a better return.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I think that's a pretty solid trade, for both parties, honestly. Lisbon needed a guy like Naif now, and you didn't*, so losing Naif's value shouldn't have been a big deal for you. In the long run, I think Honour is probably an upgrade and fits your DOMINANCE timeline better as well.

(*I wouldn't have expected you to make a playoff run this year, so that makes it less of a win for you)

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
With the 1-4, SF selects VALENTIN KARSHEV

Karshev has regularly been rated as one of the top prospects in the WBL for the past few seasons. He had a really rough start in A ball his first year, but I think that can be attributed to his young age (drafted at 16 and started in A ball at 17). His second season in A was much better and he also had a nice season in AA in 2053. He's been developing well all across the board, and it is nice to see his eye come along so early (one of the later developing hitting areas it seems). To me that might signify OSA is a little low on his potential in that area, since it is already so good. I'd say he's still 1-2 seasons from being WBL ready at this point, I wonder if @ZackMills plans to give him a 2nd season in AA or move him up to AAA? I try not to move players up to AAA unless they are 21, as I want all the squirrel kings to be able to drink together, but maybe liquor laws have changed by 2053? His defensive rating at catcher is still quite a ways off his potential and I'd like to see that increase because that's where a lot of his value is going to come from.

I notice his ABs are very consistent year over year as well, care to weigh in on your development philosophy here, @ZackMills?

{tbody}
{tr}
{/tr}
{tr}
{th} {/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Vs Left{/th}
{th}Vs Right{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{th} {/th}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Contact{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_07.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_12.png
{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Gap{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_07.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_07.png
{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Power{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_08.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_15.png
{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Eye{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_12.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Avoid K's{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_07.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_12.png
{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
OSA's predictions on his potential were pretty accurate, though they are predicting his power/eye to be a little lower than they originally predicted. Based on the early development of his eye, I'd tend to disagree and think we might see OSA revise their estimates, especially given the fact that he walked 90 times last season in .400 ABs. I'll be interested to keep an eye on his eye!

[xtable=skin1|766x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=84x@} {/td}
{td=64x@}POS{/td}
{td=170x@}Name{/td}
{td=64x@}Age{/td}
{td=64x@}Level{/td}
{td=64x@}CON P{/td}
{td=64x@}GAP P{/td}
{td=64x@}POW P{/td}
{td=64x@}EYE P{/td}
{td=64x@}K P{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2050{/td}
{td}C{/td}
{td}Valentin Karshev{/td}
{td}16{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}70{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2053{/td}
{td}C{/td}
{td}19{/td}
{td}AA{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Difference{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}-5{/td}
{td}-5{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
Looking at his fielding ratings, his catcher ability and arm, which show his potential, have stayed the same and he should be a phenomenal WBL level catcher once he develops. His positional rating has increased by 10, so I'd predict another 1-2 seasons (depending on his dev this offseason) before he's at the WBL positional threshold level of 55-60 I like to see. Lost a little speed, which seems to be the trend at this point.
[xtable=skin1|625x150]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=84x@} {/td}
{td=64x@}POS{/td}
{td=170x@}Name{/td}
{td=64x@}Age{/td}
{td=64x@}Level{/td}
{td=64x@}C ARM{/td}
{td=64x@}C ABI{/td}
{td=64x@}C{/td}
{td=67x@}SPE{/td}
{td=64x@}STE{/td}
{td=64x@}RUN{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2050{/td}
{td}C{/td}
{td}16{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}70{/td}
{td}70{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}25{/td}
{td}25{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2053{/td}
{td}C{/td}
{td}19{/td}
{td}AA{/td}
{td}70{/td}
{td}70{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}20{/td}
{td}25{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Difference{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}10{/td}
{td}-5{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
My scout is higher on his potential eye and power than OSA is. It is too early in the development process to project where he might end up, but I'm inclined to believe my scout's estimate of his eye, given it is already at 55 and he's only 19. My scout initially had his power at 80 potential but has since backed off to 70 potential, which is still higher than OSA's projection. Based on his development and hitting to date, I'd tend to believe the OSA projection of 65 power potential at this point. To early to call it, but I favor my scout's projection of his eye and favor OSA's projection of his Power. The next couple of seasons will probably be pretty key for seeing what's going to happen to the power portion of his bat!

Last edited:

ZackMills

Have mercy
My philosophy is give the guys I give a shit about as much playing time as possible. He's been my starting catcher near the top of the order since he came to my organization (I did drop him to #9 in the order during his shitty first year in A ball). I do plan on moving him up to AAA as I believe in moving guys up if their ratings or stats indicate they should. I don't want them to get bored (no idea if that is a thing in OOTP, but it is in real life). After next season, I may move him to the WBL as Stares will be a FA and Mullet is more of a backup guy in my eyes. Really depends on how Val does in AAA and if Stares will take a one year stopgap deal.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
With the 1-5 LIS select KENNY POWERS

@Schauwn is giving ol' Kenny some @Reel style development here... in 2051, Kenny played mostly in the bullpen as a closer maybe? Anyway, 60 innings pitched and he played well. In 2052 he was in A ball again and did not pitch well. In 2053 he was in A again and pitched well for the entire season without being moved up. I get knocked for developing my prospects slowly, but Kenny may retire in Toledo at this rate! Looking at his history, his stuff was low enough that A was probably the correct choice for him in 2052. With a bad season I might have started him in A again, but would have probably moved him up to AA by midseason. I'm no expert, but hopefully Schauwn moves him up to AA next year because he should probably be ready for that. His development actually has been pretty good so far, his ratings started at 25/45/30 and he's now at 40/50/40

[xtable=border:0|cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|673x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{th=colspan:7}PITCHING RATINGS (OSA){/th}
{/tr}
{tr}
{th} {/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Vs Left{/th}
{th}Vs Right{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Stuff{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_07.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_15.png
{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Movement{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_10.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_12.png
{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Control{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_07.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_15.png
{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

OSA's potential ratings haven't changed much at all. His stuff has improved +5 (probably due to the small velocity bump) and it would be really nice for Schauwn if he could hit that 65 stuff mark about the time Schauwn's other pitchers are ready to get paid too much.

[xtable=944x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=73x@} {/td}
{td=64x@}POS{/td}
{td=156x@}Name{/td}
{td=64x@}Age{/td}
{td=64x@}Level{/td}
{td=64x@}STU P{/td}
{td=64x@}MOV P{/td}
{td=64x@}CON P{/td}
{td=75x@}VELO{/td}
{td=64x@}STM{/td}
{td=64x@}G/F{/td}
{td=64x@}HLD{/td}
{td=64x@}P{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2050{/td}
{td}SP{/td}
{td}Kenny Powers{/td}
{td}16{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}89-91 Mph{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}GB T{/td}
{td}80{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2053{/td}
{td}SP{/td}
{td}Kenny Powers{/td}
{td}20{/td}
{td}A{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}91-93 Mph{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}GB T{/td}
{td}80{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Difference{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td}0{/td}
{td}0{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}0{/td}
{td}0{/td}
{td}0{/td}
{td}0{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

My scout had him at 50/55/55 potential originally and currently has him at 60/55/60. He isn't far enough along in his dev to tell where he'll end up, but I have a problem with my scout changing his potential ratings that much, so I'd say this one is a win for OSA.

Wolfman21

2051 was about the same. 2052 he was on my 25 man the entire year on 'normal' usage. I think my manager hated him. He only threw 13 innings somehow.

Raul chavez was the same for me this year. Started out the season having a rough time and my manager barely gave him any innings

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I've noticed big disparities between how I say to pitch relievers and what the manager really does.

I've found the more specific I am about defining roles and secondary roles for every pitcher the more it pitches them the way I want them pitched.

ZackMills

Have mercy
I've found the more specific I am about defining roles and secondary roles for every pitcher the more it pitches them the way I want them pitched.

Maybe I should try that. I only have a closer and then middle relievers set by "more" "normal" and "less." Seems to me that should give the manager a hierarchy, but it really doesn't.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Maybe I should try that. I only have a closer and then middle relievers set by "more" "normal" and "less." Seems to me that should give the manager a hierarchy, but it really doesn't.

Even more than inning count, I think type of innings REALLY matter. I think the CPU doesn't weight stamina vs game situation well enough if you give them control. They'll try to follow the "more often" option but if a "more often" guy has less stamina he might pitch less innings (and less important innings) than a pitcher with "normal usage" and high stamina (because they are ready more often). Giving them situation direction via the secondary roles means you'll have the right guys pitching in the right situations more often, which is even more important than inning count. If you want a MR to get more important innings, make them a secondary setup man or secondary closer (this is what I did with Ed Mullins as the year went on). If you have a MR who isn't great but has high stamina, give him the long relief role because he'll be eating a lot of shit innings and keeping your better relief pitchers fresh for when they are needed. My mopup guys often end up with pretty high inning totals, compared to my specialist guys, but they are eating innings that don't matter so they have value in that.

I'd normally suggest 1 closer, 2 setup with one of the setups having a 2nd option of closer. My setup guy has 70 stamina so I only used one setup dude because he was almost always available. (pitched 80 games)

Then in MR I give my best MR the setup 2nd option. Give my best Lefty the specialist option. Give my high stamina guy who isn't spectacular the long relief option, etc.

I tried the libertine philosophy and kept ending up with trogs blowing leads in the 7th or 8th.

ZackMills

Have mercy
Travis, that sounds good for a traditional staff, but with my system, I'm hesitant to do some of those things. For instance, I avoid the long relief role like the plague because nearly every one of my games would require a long relief guy. I can't really put my scrubby guys in that role.

Why can't there be a leverage option? Pitch Pitcher A when the leverage is greater than or equal to X. That's what I ultimately want. My pitchers pitching when the game is on the line, be it in the 5th inning or the 9th.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Travis should review my pick of the GOAT, Ryan Williams, in the 3rd round of 2048

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
2048 doesn't even count, lol, even a blind idiot could draft GOATS when it was like 4 1st rounds. My CPU did awesome, first 4 picks all gonna be stars and the next 3 still have a solid chance of making an impact at the WBL level in some capacity.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Travis, that sounds good for a traditional staff, but with my system, I'm hesitant to do some of those things. For instance, I avoid the long relief role like the plague because nearly every one of my games would require a long relief guy. I can't really put my scrubby guys in that role.

Why can't there be a leverage option? Pitch Pitcher A when the leverage is greater than or equal to X. That's what I ultimately want. My pitchers pitching when the game is on the line, be it in the 5th inning or the 9th.
I bet your pitchers are pitching when the game is on the line.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
With the 1-7 pick FB took Felipe Flores
@jdlikewhoa

Felipe Flores just finished his 3rd year in A ball, the first two years he really struggled at the plate, batting .572 and then .559 OPS. His 3rd year he started to put it together more and hit well and looks like he should finally be ready to move on up to AA. His eye has developed pretty well already, again leading me to belive it might be better than OSA is projecting... but his contact isn't developing as fast as I'd like, only having moved from 35 to 40 in 3 years. It would be nice to see him get a bump to 45 or 50 this offseason to make that projected 55 look more obtainable (it seems like contact is pretty quick to develop for most players).

{tbody}
{tr}
{/tr}
{tr}
{th} {/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Vs Left{/th}
{th}Vs Right{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{th} {/th}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Contact{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_07.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_12.png
{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Gap{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_07.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_12.png
{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Power{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_02.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_03.png
{/td}
{td}25{/td}
{td}25{/td}
{td}25{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Eye{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_08.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_12.png
{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Avoid K's{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_07.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_12.png
{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
The OSA stayed pretty consistent with his potential ratings, downgrading his eye to a 55 potential but that's it. Based on his current dev, I wouldn't be surprised to see them bump it back up to 60

[xtable=skin1|50x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=84x@} {/td}
{td=64x@}POS{/td}
{td=170x@}Name{/td}
{td=64x@}Age{/td}
{td=64x@}Level{/td}
{td=64x@}CON P{/td}
{td=64x@}GAP P{/td}
{td=64x@}POW P{/td}
{td=64x@}EYE P{/td}
{td=64x@}K P{/td}
{td=64x@}IF RNG{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} {/td}
{td}CF{/td}
{td}Felipe Flores{/td}
{td}16{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2053{/td}
{td}CF{/td}
{td}Felipe Flores{/td}
{td}19{/td}
{td}A{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Difference{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}-5{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
This is our first big improvement to fielding ratings, and is a promising sign! Now that we know this can happen, a lot of those borderline 45-50 range players look like they might be worth drafting. Really nice improvements across the board in his fielding ratings, and his positional rating at CF has gone form 25 to 55. This is the first time we've seen a speed rating go up, wonder if it had to do with the fact that he was 15 when drafted?

[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=84x@} {/td}
{td=64x@}POS{/td}
{td=170x@}Name{/td}
{td=64x@}Age{/td}
{td=64x@}Level{/td}
{td=64x@}OF RNG{/td}
{td=64x@}OF ARM{/td}
{td=64x@}OF ERR{/td}
{td=64x@}LF{/td}
{td=64x@}CF{/td}
{td=64x@}RF{/td}
{td=67x@}SPE{/td}
{td=64x@}STE{/td}
{td=64x@}RUN{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} {/td}
{td}CF{/td}
{td}Felipe Flores{/td}
{td}16{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}25{/td}
{td}25{/td}
{td}20{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}80{/td}
{td}75{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2053{/td}
{td}CF{/td}
{td}Felipe Flores{/td}
{td}19{/td}
{td}A{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}75{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}20{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}80{/td}
{td}80{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Difference{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}10{/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td}10{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}5{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
At the worst he looks like a solid 4th outfielder, but if he hits his potential he could be a nice CF! My scout had his hitting at 50/45/25/50/50 Based on the current development we can't tell which one is more accurate, but based on him developing pretty slowly in the contact area specifically I tend to favor my scout's opinion there. I favor OSA's 60 potential eye based on his eye development and stats. I'd call it a draw on this one, we'll have to wait and see.

By OSA's ratings at least, I'd say he looked more promising than the #2 pick this season.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Now we travel back in time and space to when...

With the 1-6 SF takes Juan Castillo

Juan started off with a rough season in A ball in 2051 but had a good half season in 2052 before being promoted to AA where he struggled. He played well in full year of AA this season, so I'd suspect ZM plans to promote him to AAA next year. His "current" ratings started pretty low when he was drafted, which explains why he struggled in his first year of A-ball. You'll should make note of this phenomenon for future reference because you don't want to give up on a prospect because of one bad year when they are rocking some pre-pubescent "current" ratings. Castillo has developed very nicely so far, which is a testament to the "weigh" ZM focuses on development. His contact/power/eye started out at 30/25/25 and have jumped to 45/40/40 in 3 seasons (and will likely jump again in the off season). Seeing his contact rating go +5 each year is really key if he was going to go from 30 to a lofty 60 contact.

{tbody}
{tr}
{/tr}
{tr}
{th} {/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Vs Left{/th}
{th}Vs Right{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{th} {/th}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Contact{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_08.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Gap{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Power{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_07.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Eye{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_07.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_10.png
{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Avoid K's{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_03.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_10.png
{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
Here's how OSA think his potential ratings have changed. I find it a bit odd they downgraded his gap potential to 60, since that's where he's at currently. GAP seems to develop very early, but I'd be a little surprised if he's maxed out there already. OSA downgraded his Ks potential by 5, which seems inline with his lack of development in that area. OSA also upgraded his eye by 5 which seems in line with his development to date.

[xtable=skin1|766x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=84x@} {/td}
{td=64x@}POS{/td}
{td=170x@}Name{/td}
{td=64x@}Age{/td}
{td=64x@}Level{/td}
{td=64x@}CON P{/td}
{td=64x@}GAP P{/td}
{td=64x@}POW P{/td}
{td=64x@}EYE P{/td}
{td=64x@}K P{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} {/td}
{td}RF{/td}
{td}Juan Castillo{/td}
{td}17{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2053{/td}
{td}RF{/td}
{td}Juan Castillo{/td}
{td}20{/td}
{td}AA{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Difference{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}-5{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td}-5{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
With the fielding stats, we saw no big changes to the ratings, but a bump of +5 in the error department is nice. If he gets +5 in range at some point, he'll be a really nice RF player, but should be a good one with his current ratings. You can see how ZM has gotten him reps in both LF and RF and his positional ratings have increased greatly in each. He started with no positional rating at all in LF which means getting up to his current 35 rating was probably a struggle and likely made his WAR rating look bad. This is another important thing to remember when developing prospects, if you are making them learn a position their WAR rating is going to really suffer, so don't panic about it. I've also noticed they seem to hit less well when learning new positions. In the end, the increase in versatility a multi-position player will bring to your team will be worth it.

[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=84x@} {/td}
{td=64x@}POS{/td}
{td=170x@}Name{/td}
{td=64x@}Age{/td}
{td=64x@}Level{/td}
{td=64x@}OF RNG{/td}
{td=64x@}OF ARM{/td}
{td=64x@}OF ERR{/td}
{td=64x@}LF{/td}
{td=64x@}CF{/td}
{td=64x@}RF{/td}
{td=67x@}SPE{/td}
{td=64x@}STE{/td}
{td=64x@}RUN{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} {/td}
{td}RF{/td}
{td}Juan Castillo{/td}
{td}17{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}70{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2053{/td}
{td}RF{/td}
{td}Juan Castillo{/td}
{td}20{/td}
{td}AA{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}70{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Difference{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}20{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
My scout originally projected his ratings at: 55/50/55/65/40. Given the pace of current development, it is hard to say which will be closer, but OSA did move their predictions in the direction my scout has in each case (though he's already surpassed 50 contact, so my scout was right there). I'd say so far I'd favor OSA's projections so far, but my scout did provide some valuable input in this case and the truth probably lies in between. I'd call it a draw for now.

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Skipping back forward a bit in time...

With the 1-8 NDR selects Jose Vigil

Jose Vigil spent 2051 in single A where he hit surprisingly well, given how low his "current ratings started" (25 contact, 35 power, 35 eye). He started in A again in 2052 because I wasn't convinced that his current ratings at that point were ready for the promotion to AA. He hit really well in his first half of 2052 in A so I moved him up to AA where he also hit well. He was in AA for a full season in 2053 and he hit really well so I'm going to be moving him up to AAA as long as he gets to the 45 contact mark this off season, which I think he should based on his performance. His development has been solid, adding +15 to contact, +5 to power, and +10 to eye. He didn't hit many HRs his first couple seasons and hit 14 this year. With his slow rate of dev in that area and his stats, I wouldn't be surprised to see OSA has his power potential a little too high, but we shall see.

{tbody}
{tr}
{/tr}
{tr}
{th} {/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Vs Left{/th}
{th}Vs Right{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{th} {/th}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Contact{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_07.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_10.png
{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Gap{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_12.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_12.png
{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Power{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_07.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_13.png
{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Eye{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_08.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_12.png
{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Avoid K's{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_07.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_12.png
{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
When it comes to OSA's hitting potential ratings, there's no change. Like I mentioned above, I think they might have the power rating a bit high, since he's still got +20 to go to reach potential and all his other ratings are closer. Wouldn't be surprised to see it drop to 55 at some point, given current dev rate. He's already at his Gap rating max (which develops early but I wouldn't be surprised to see this increase either.

[xtable=skin1|766x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=84x@} {/td}
{td=64x@}POS{/td}
{td=170x@}Name{/td}
{td=64x@}Age{/td}
{td=64x@}Level{/td}
{td=64x@}CON P{/td}
{td=64x@}GAP P{/td}
{td=64x@}POW P{/td}
{td=64x@}EYE P{/td}
{td=64x@}K P{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} {/td}
{td}CF{/td}
{td}José Vigil{/td}
{td}18{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2053{/td}
{td}CF{/td}
{td}JOSÉ VIGIL{/td}
{td}21{/td}
{td}AA{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Difference{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
His fielding ratings stayed relatively the same, other than adding +5 to error which is nice. With these ratings, he should be a ++ defender in either corner and a serviceable CF as well. His positional ratings are what I'm most excited about though! When I drafted him I was bummed that he had zero ratings at both LF and RF. He's added +50 to LF and +40 to RF. He started with a decent CF rating, so I gave him enough time to get him to 60 in that spot. FWIW, it took about 200 games for him to go from 40 to 60 in CF and it took only 100 appearances each to go +50 in LF and +40 in RF. This next year I'll favor his RF development a little, while still getting him reps at LF and CF. By the end of 2054 I'd love to see him with 60+ positional ratings across the board. If he's up to 50 contact rating by September 2054, I'll let him get a CUP OF COFFEE. If not, his cup of coffee will come in Sept 2055 when he's 23.

[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=84x@} {/td}
{td=64x@}POS{/td}
{td=170x@}Name{/td}
{td=64x@}Age{/td}
{td=64x@}Level{/td}
{td=64x@}OF RNG{/td}
{td=64x@}OF ARM{/td}
{td=64x@}OF ERR{/td}
{td=64x@}LF{/td}
{td=64x@}CF{/td}
{td=64x@}RF{/td}
{td=67x@}SPE{/td}
{td=64x@}STE{/td}
{td=64x@}RUN{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} {/td}
{td}CF{/td}
{td}José Vigil{/td}
{td}18{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}70{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2053{/td}
{td}CF{/td}
{td}JOSÉ VIGIL{/td}
{td}21{/td}
{td}AA{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}75{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Difference{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td}50{/td}
{td}20{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}5{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
So my scout generally seems pretty bearish on all prospects compared to OSA and had Vigil at 45/45/55/55/50. I'd say overall I believe OSA and this is a loss for my scout, especially since his current gap rating is already 10 higher than my scout predicted as max and he hit almost 30 doubles this year in AA... but I could see my scout being correct on the Ks and power.

Last edited: