• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2049 Season Thread

Wolfman21

All started with schulz. Then medina, who's been pitching extremely well lately, gives up 3 straight hits and a walk. Oh well. My good pitchers have been terrible this series. My bad pitchers have been great

osick87

Community Liaison
1:05

I will fast sim if there is a gap. Shouldn't be that much time after this game.

Wolfman21

They remind me of Kabul last year because they have injuries to vital players but are playing their best ball without them and getting big time contributions from players that you wouldn't expect it from while riding very good pitching.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
jim-halpert-shock-reaction-listening.gif

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Hey @OU11

Got a contract question

If I've got a guy who is on 490k for the 2050 season and then entering arbitration in the 2051 season, can I sign him to an extension now at his projected arb rate? (lets say it hypothetically $1.5 Million On that extension, as long as I structure the arb years as at least the listed arb amount that's good, right? What about the 2050 season when he was only supposed to be making 490k? Can I, for instance, offer him $1Million in 2050 and then $1.5Million in 2051 and after?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Hey @OU11

Got a contract question

If I've got a guy who is on 490k for the 2050 season and then entering arbitration in the 2051 season, can I sign him to an extension now at his projected arb rate? (lets say it hypothetically $1.5 Million On that extension, as long as I structure the arb years as at least the listed arb amount that's good, right? What about the 2050 season when he was only supposed to be making 490k? Can I, for instance, offer him $1Million in 2050 and then $1.5Million in 2051 and after?
Whatever the rule thread states. I'm pretty sure i opened the floor to changing the requirements for the 490k years but nobody wanted to talk. Right now i think every year of the extension has to be over estimate and no more than 5 years

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I'm a fan of AAV being above the estimate but I believe every year has to be above the estimate per my Colon fiasco.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Hey @OU11

Got a contract question

Too many numbers, say no, OU

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Blame Rad offering extensions to guys 11 days into their careers.

I also saw a highly illegal contract signed this year didn't say anything about it. Don't want to Rad it.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Cool, I'll just take advantage of his last $490k year then and see how he plays since there isn't too much incentive if I have to hit his arb estimate this season.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Blame Rad offering extensions to guys 11 days into their careers.

I also saw a highly illegal contract signed this year didn't say anything about it. Don't want to Rad it.

I just saw one this sim; you're the contract police, police it.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Cool, I'll just take advantage of his last $490k year then and see how he plays since there isn't too much incentive if I have to hit his arb estimate this season.
That's why i did it originally. The earlier you sign them the lower the price. So paying the minimum year is a downside to balance the upside of keeping his next 4 possibly lower

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
The contracts that I did aren't even that great; if Pendragon had blown out his shoulder instead of Vasquez I'd be out 30+ million. I might save like 10-15 million if Pendo hits potential.

In hindsight it shouldn't even be a rule.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
The contracts that I did aren't even that great; if Pendragon had blown out his shoulder instead of Vasquez I'd be out 30+ million. I might save like 10-15 million if Pendo hits potential.

In hindsight it shouldn't even be a rule.
Definitely should be, pitchers you could sell me on but not batters. I could have signed haamid so cheap for 8 years but i didnt because it was outlawed

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Imagine if a player you'd signed to a 10 year $30M contract from ages 20-30 then stabbed hisself with scissors and tore all his tendons in his throwing arm.