• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2044 WBL Season Thread

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I think we could run a LLWS style double elimination tourney and OU would still manage to go undefeated.

When is their football game coming out so we can shelve the whole league for a year and play some Football.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Ur eliminated.

I tried to update my file in the first time in forever but half my players are missing and don't exist in the game anymore. Do I need to do something?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Ur eliminated.

I tried to update my file in the first time in forever but half my players are missing and don't exist in the game anymore. Do I need to do something?
Just reinstall from the FAQ. That worked for me. Same thing happened.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I don't think it's a league issue other than people making awful trades with OU. The best teams win in my offline leagues also.

Tankee can run forum pages worth of sims that prove nothing, if you like.
Doesn't that make it a league issue? If we had more parity how would know know who the "best team" is. I also thought my team rivaled OUs this year and we burned out.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
My pitching was average in my mind, i need to get rid of some hitters tho. There is only one weak spot

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Can i just buy the game for you since you were an unbelievable idiot and bought on steam?

Gooksta

Personally. I think more decisions one has to make the more intriguing the game becomes.. but i think at a base level a certain amount of injuries are gonna happen to each team no matter what you do.. how well or badly one deals with them is what makes the difference..but people want variance without having to spend more than five minutes a day.. u cant have it both ways.. the more decisions u have to make in regards to opening up more options will take more involvement in the game.. u want to put injuries back to normal.. well you have to handle more injuries and setup a better rotation for all players to reduce the probability of them. What plan u set to deal or not deal with them is what the difference is...but i like all the different strategic options people come up with when different situations arise. More decision making is what adds to variance imo.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Not anymore, i didnt change a thing the last 2 months. Made my first change last night when i voided a TO

Gooksta

But ou's teams have so much more depth then every one else that he can handle more injuries then the rest of the league. I think some teams can beat ou in a yr or two if they stay vigilant

jdlikewhoa

This is happening never unless someone updated the FAQ with Steam instructions that actually work.

If my laptop install still works I'll stay in the league.
Mac or PC? I've loaded the league through the steam version on both. It's a simple drag and drop to the saved games folder

Gooksta

More injuries should add to more knowledge of ur whole system too which could add to player traffic via free agency.. more injuries mean you have to play more guys.. within that you might see value in someone who you woukd be willing to keep over a more expensive guy.. when we only play like 30 guys i think some lesser guys who can provide value get overlooked quite a bit..

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
More injuries should add to more knowledge of ur whole system too which could add to player traffic via free agency.. more injuries mean you have to play more guys.. within that you might see value in someone who you woukd be willing to keep over a more expensive guy.. when we only play like 30 guys i think some lesser guys who can provide value get overlooked quite a bit..
I actually agree with this a lot. I used to spend a lot of time (and maybe even some money) on guys 30-38 in my org. The AAA filler types. Now I just wait until the last sim before ST to sign guys like Ahern, Thomas, Ryan Davis, etc. They very rarely get used even for my team that always has injuries.

osick87

Community Liaison
I had 9-10 pitchers start games for me this year. I'll always give the Ryan Davises a look.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Shirley, you unpacked this file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qfyd1iinjeuhskc/WBL.lg.zip

Then put that unpacked file in your saved games, opened OOTP and hit Load game then?

1135851.gif

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
There is no benefit to being half good
If your primary goal is to get deep into the postseason every four or five years, then I agree. But that's hell on a lot of things, including budget.

I'd rather be consistently competitive and get lucky once in a while. More fun for me if everyone is playing to win.