• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2044 WBL Season Thread

Lloyd Carr

False Bay is going to let Amsterdam win one more. Then they'll stop messing around and come back for the series win. Classic 2044 Flying Whites.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Trying to upload the file, having difficulties. Villireal or whatever got injured for 4 weeks

Lloyd Carr

Part of me is happy that I can still be the one to take down Goliath. Part of me shakes my head that David failed again.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yeah... I think it is time to actually move this ish. Maybe getting a few days off will get me back into it so I can actually blow it up

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Oh another WBL World Series aaaand OU wins again

giphy.gif

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
You might have not been the best team from the south but you deserved to be there. You made two unreal comebacks to get there, your luck just ran out. Sorry Royals

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
In OOTP the paper Shamp almost always wins the Shamp. The playoffs don't resemble real life MLB at all.

I've noticed this in offline leagues as well.

It's pretty much the biggest problem with OOTP at this point to me. There's no reason to play, because OU always has the best roster and always wins. There's no random Royals or Cardinals or Giants upsets.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I was going to do WBLTradeRumors.com and be all into it but then someone at work got fired so my workload sorta doubled.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
In OOTP the paper Shamp almost always wins the Shamp. The playoffs don't resemble real life MLB at all.

I've noticed this in offline leagues as well.

It's pretty much the biggest problem with OOTP at this point to me. There's no reason to play, because OU always has the best roster and always wins. There's no random Royals or Cardinals or Giants upsets.
@Gooksta made a great argument for us putting injuries to "normal" because of this. We need more variance in terms of year to year who is healthy on teams.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
@Gooksta made a great argument for us putting injuries to "normal" because of this. We need more variance in terms of year to year who is healthy on teams.

Normal means having 8-10 guys out at a time, which makes it more challenging and offers variance but it also makes it a lot less fun. I know this because I've been in the league since the beginning, and it made it less fun for half the league, so much so we changed it.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Can we turn off injuries?
No.

Coming from the person whose been hit the hardest by injuries the last two seasons.

Yeah it wasn't as fun then but the league was different. I'd like to hear @Gooksta's argument now on it. I think we should keep it the same but if Gooksta had a good argument (or someone else did), I could be swayed.

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
I would argue that injuries make dominant/loaded teams more dominant. They have multiple superstars to carry the load. It's the one-superstar teams that could get drilled.

I'm all in favor of more variance doe.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
No.

Coming from the person whose been hit the hardest by injuries the last two seasons.

Yeah it wasn't as fun then but the league was different. I'd like to hear @Gooksta's argument now on it. I think we should keep it the same but if Gooksta had a good argument (or someone else did), I could be swayed.

I'm really okay, I have a team that doesn't get hit with injuries. You do. It seems like there are certain team IDs that just get hammered by injuries no matter what. In the UBL it was Rad and Bdub, and Orlando and I never got injuries. I got lucky again, and you'll always have injuries. So this would really only hurt you, it would probably make my team have a little less than you have currently.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Also my reign is over, we don't need to change settings to get me out of the throne. I'm going willingly.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Wendell is right anyway. More injuries probably just makes it worse. The great teams are deep.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By

I'd be fine with more injuries if it meant adding variance, but really the playoffs should be a total crapshoot regardless of injuries. Royals, Giants? Come on.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I'd be fine with more injuries if it meant adding variance, but really the playoffs should be a total crapshoot regardless of injuries. Royals, Giants? Come on.
Vegas and FB made it past the first rounds and FB made it to the ship. Buffalo had the best record in the WBL. Our playoff tree is smaller than MLB. It might look different next year when we expand to 8 teams.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
False Bay beat two teams better than his imo, but only because he beat cairo with his pitching staff throwing 8 ERAs

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I don't think it's a league issue other than people making awful trades with OU. The best teams win in my offline leagues also.

Tankee can run forum pages worth of sims that prove nothing, if you like.