1. We have updated to a new version of XenForo. If you were using the "Kella" custom style, you need to switch to the Utopia or Alternate style. Do this in your user preferences.
    Dismiss Notice

2044 Off-Season Thread (GET YOUR ST ROSTERS READY)

Discussion in 'OOTP Discussion (Out of the Park Baseball)' started by OU11, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Lloyd Carr

Lloyd Carr Well-Known Member

What made the bin Haddad deal different?

2. Reel

Reel Off dem Milds and dat Yak Community Liaison

Team:
    Saints
    my 2 cents

i would really hate for this league to turn into monopoly when you end up playing with that 1 dude who will insist on playing even though he has no substantial real estate left and refuses to sell you a property to avoid you getting all 3 colors to begin putting houses/hotels on (i assume ya'll play the while...errr...white way and have to own all 3 properties of a color before building)

this guy makes playing the game uninteresting b/c they insist they will make a comeback despite landing on park place nearly going bankrupt in the process each time

trades make puters pute and the game interesting. as long aint no shady stuff happening, let the trades continue

im out

3. Lloyd Carr

Can confirm, I play the white/right way. No building unless you own all the properties.

Edit: Actually, after thinking about it, playing that way doesn't make any sense. If you own the property, why can't you start putting houses on it? Why do you need to own the whole neighborhood before you can start building? What kind of bullshit is that?

I've been playing Monopoly wrong my entire life.

4. doh

doh THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi

Team:
    Las Vegas Pac Men
    Are you going to start trading?

Wendell Gee, jdlikewhoa and OU11 like this.
  5. Yankee151

Yankee151 TWINK Stadium

Team:
    Yankees
    Reel playing monopoly when the rest of us be playing checkers, always one step ahead of the game

6. doh

Team:
    Las Vegas Pac Men
    He was trading away significantly less salary and attached IIRC about the same value of picks. And Tankee was trying to win and bin Haddad would've helped him at a position he wasn't great at. And if you're trying to rebuild why give away 3 or 4 picks too? JD is clearing salary for another move. I don't think Tankee was. I know it's a "we all value things differently" but that trade made zero sense.

7. jdlikewhoa

jdlikewhoa Well-Known Member

Team:
    Turkeys
    I offered reel a great deal and he waited until osick made the decision for him.

8. OU11

OU11 Pleighboi Utopia Moderator

Team:
    Niners
    But give me Kiene tho

9. jdlikewhoa

Team:
    Turkeys
    Honestly I think this offseason had the makings to be pretty boring until bug. There were no reel standout free agents like years past.

I was set to just stand pat and wait until all but Rapley's deal came off the books. I'd have had over $100m to resign my young guys and tackle free agency.

Bug changed the game a bit and I know I've spent a ridiculous amount of time burning up the PM boxes trying to shop some guys.

Love all the dealing others have been doing. It's not just OU and Orlando making trades

Orlando likes this.
  10. OU11

Team:
    Niners
    Yeah people finally realized you need some movement. Luh dat action

11. Lloyd Carr

I want to trade with @Reel , but there isn't anyone in his organization that I want.

I want reel more active in the mix. He's fun to deal with.

12. Mr. Radpants

Mr. Radpants Friendship Drive Charging

Team:
    Dublin
    Rad finally had time to create some movement.

Karl Hungus and Wendell Gee like this.
  13. jdlikewhoa

Team:
    Turkeys
    I had a pretty good deal I was gonna offer fignuts that would've culminated in a 3 way trade but I think he's pissed after the Ammar ordeal

14. Mr. Radpants

Mr. Radpants Friendship Drive Charging

Team:
    Dublin
    @Lloyd Carr Just wait until @Reel has a couple years of big boards under his belt.

Reel, Lloyd Carr and Wendell Gee like this.
  15. Lloyd Carr

I can't wait for reel to be wheeling and dealing. He's fun to deal with. Good guy.

16. doh

Team:
    Las Vegas Pac Men
    Yeah I just looked over the Baton Rouge team and lawd there's nothing in that system. Good news is reel can do some of these take on salary and get picks/prospects deals. It's a cool way to add assets really quick in this league.

I'm still wanting to make trades. I'm usually of more of an in-season trader though.

17. OU11

Team:
    Niners
    Wipe your nose off lloyd

Orlando likes this.
  18. Lloyd Carr

why, is it brown now?

:trollface:

19. OU11