• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2043 Off Season Thread

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I know I've said this many times, but one or two of my MRs can be had. Karpetbomber, coster and abbudin are the 3 that won't be traded. Rest are up for grabs.

jdlikewhoa

Didnt realize you were so serious about moving Zwager JD. Nice deal for both of you.
I wasn't. But Abbudin is a solid lefty RP, something I've been lacking. I need to sure up my pen since it seems to implode every postseason.

I also have Mounds at SS. I think Zwagger will be better than him, but to get a reliever like Abbudin and a 1st is a hard deal not to make

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
In what way?

That's not intended to sound dickish, I'm just curious how that sim had usefulness.
I can see Orlando and Wendell finding use in it given their trades, but how was it useful in general?

Again, not being a dick. I'm just curious as to if I missed out on utilizing that sim in some way. As it stands, I dont know why Id even have to export today since I was set for ST last night (unless I can set a 7-day lineup for tonight).
I signed a player to a (very rare for me) two year deal in the sim. I'd call it useful.

Also does OU have some sort of fleecing powers I don't know about? This is about the 10th time in the WBL I offered at some point a better/bigger package for someone and instead they traded that player to OU.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I control the minds of people. I just ask what they want and tailor it from there, I'm assuming jd really wanted an elite RP and i probably wont have the best record this year so it worked out.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
You tryna take down that Level 22 Weekly strike by Tomorrow Night? I want to see if I can get those strange coins before it resets, but I think you I and Kella are the only ones above 20.

osick87

Community Liaison
Son of a bitch I forgot to turn 7 day lineups off...stats are all jacked up.
LhfHcpR.gif

jdlikewhoa

I offered a 1st + more for Zwagger last season.

Did you? I honestly dont remember.

EDIT: I looked through all my messages. We've talked about quite a few players/picks, but the only Tiny we've ever talked about is @Yankee151

EDIT 2: Found the conversation. You offered me a 1st for Zwagger. OU gave me a 1st and an elite young RP

Last edited:

osick87

Community Liaison
Picked up the one year mercenary Jose Barron. Get to move Frodo NiJhuis to the Bullpen. My pitching stable is going to be very good.

osick87

Community Liaison
I was going to go after Farias but figured Barron was a better value. Leaves me 2 million to play around with during the season.

I also signed Marv to a minor league deal.

All in all, a pretty good off season other than not addressing 3B.

osick87

Community Liaison
300k signing bonus. I was surprised he took it but I guess nobody else wanted him.

If old man Ramos doesn't hit well vs Lefties, I'll bring him up.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Marvin is a good bat if given ABs. He hits lefties really well. Also has a solid glove. Was surprised he wasn't picked up. He and Turner were a great platoon for me.