• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2040 Off-Season Thread (ARBITRATION NEEDS TO BE DONE)

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yeah I gotta get a sim in one of these days. Im going to miss out on all the FA. I figured OU wasn't simming last night.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yeah I started a bit late, and was just tinkering with it for about an hour. I had already advanced a long time before. I still don't get why all of the sudden we are having so many issues

Lloyd Carr

How long does a season generally last (real-life time)?

And is there a reference where I can learn more about the UBL? I wish I would have known about it when it was still around.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Maybe someone can load box the old file? It'd be hard to learn about it though my suggestion is just continue to read the inside jokes until you finally get it.

Well we usually sim a week a day and there are approx 28 weeks so counting a couple drOUnk nights about a month.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Website threwn.

To get the true essence of the ubl you had to live through one of gooksta's meltdowns

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
THEY MIGHT AS WELL BE A SACRIFICIAL LAMB!

then radford comes in and says thats a great idea gooksta, lets call it the sacrificial lambship

He quit the league i think. It was all over finances which teams share anyway haha

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Website threwn.

To get the true essence of the ubl you had to live through one of gooksta's meltdowns

5124699989_a414738d44.jpg

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Gooksta is like jonah hill in the early moneyball days but not afraid to get in your face haha. I have all my guys on PCs now

doh

I (maybe someone else) brings up idea of wildcard.

We decide to have a 1-4 home/road format instead of 2-2-1

Gooksta goes insane saying that it's basically a sacrificial lamb who has no chance in hell vs. the team who wins a division.

Gooksta goes insane then saying that the WC team makes no money (note: moronic point since all ticket sales in the playoffs are evenly divided amongst the teams).

Gooksta quits league.

Lloyd Carr

to be fair 1-4 could be turrible in certain situations.

Imagine if a division winner won 85 games, and the wildcard winner won 105. I'd be pissed too having a 1-4 setup if I were the wildcard winner.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Gooksta just had stage 5 meltdowns whenever we wanted to change anything. He thought the game was perfect out of the box and they gave you all these options for customization for absolutely no reason.

Gooksta

nearly all rule changes were self serving.. my team is stacked. but injuries fuck it all up. I vote to get rid of injuries... really?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
THEY MIGHT AS WELL BE A SACRIFICIAL LAMB!

then radford comes in and says thats a great idea gooksta, lets call it the sacrificial lambship

He quit the league i think. It was all over finances which teams share anyway haha

Moments like that are why Rad is my favorite owner, no offense to anyone else. His humor is on another level

doh

Signed two perfect fits for what I'm looking for… just two out there left for my team and I feel pretty good about this season.

shirtoff.gif

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Beanpole an example of a player turning down a little more money to take a contract with no TO. Interesting.

doh

I was in on Beanpole and am the one who made him go from 3 to 4 years. I thought if I offered him the same AAV with an extra year maybe I could steal him one sim. Didn't work out.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
So who is still in this, it is okay if you are. Just seeing who might be ready to go to FA. At week long sims we will be in preseason in 8 days, so I don't want to mess around too long. Keep in mind I can shut down the CPU teams so they can't take advantage.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I am too, maybe everybody could just send their best offers out and I can shut the computer down and just let the best man win on these deals until preseason? Then we can get dose deals.

Lloyd Carr

I'm ready to move on. I didn't do much as far as signing free agents this off-season, because I'm not entirely sure how my team is going to look next year. I figure I'll see what happens in my minor league clubs and with the draft in determination of the future.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Well I lied anyway, it is only 4 sims until preseason. 8 until the ST. Might be something we try to figure out for next year though. We really could shut the CPU teams down and go to like January 15th. It isn't enough to get the great deals but maybe they would go for a little less.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
But for real some of these hoes be asking for wayyyy too much. The guys we have signed up to this point are at least arguably worth it, but there are a lot of guys I might want for depth that are asking for 20M for no reason.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I've seen quite a few sign for less than their asking already though. Just sayin. Doesn't hurt to make an offer.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I agree, but the Jan 15th thing makes sense in my head for other reasons too. No real "lull" where people are done with FA waiting mostly. I've been done in FA for three or four days, and we'd probably be just starting ST if we started in January.