• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2032: An Intergalactic Space Odyssey

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
UPDATE: First sim will be Monday to get Discord/everything up to speed.

Alright so (after trial/error): I have us ten years into the future.

I kept all budgets the same. I'm thinking about doing this the next 2 seasons then opening it up. I've equaled out all market sizes.

All the other rules should be about the same. There are a couple little things (like regional rounds for the Draft) that we could try out.

The other issue: it seems like it's hard to get people signed up to this site. Do we want a Discord? I had a bunch of interested parties on the OOTP forums.

I'm going to sim again on Thursday. Give everyone a few days to get to know their roster.

Last edited:

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Keeping it all here would be great but I'm not sure how, uh, outsiders would respond to our layers of schtick. At this point were like an isolated tribe with an undecipherable language.

doh

We could have both.... This can keep the schtick and the discord for trades with the new peoples.

doh

Make sure to check your rosters too...

The CPU signs lots of bums. I'm stuck with a giant cum dump-type deal for my CF. I've got some 25 contact guys on IBL deals.

Is everyone OK with the Thursday sim? Do we want to hold off until next Monday?

doh

Alright... A reminder first sim is MONDAY MONDAY MONDAY.

Check your rosters. There is a 100% chance there are BUMS.

There are free agents out there. You are welcome to sign them if you want to.

I also noticed the college draft picks were a little older than they should be. Made an adjustment and that should be good going forward.

doh

We've got a couple in DISCORD. A few have PM'd me they downloaded file.

there's a core group for sure. It's not 16 deep but CROOTINSHOES got a few PM's on OOTP. I think now we're starting those people will get more serious.

doh

So for the online league...

1. Do quick join on the bottom right.
  2. I sent you a code, I'll re-send but that should let you in.
  3. Download latest file and that'll update you to 2032.

doh

Yes-- Original plan was Karl to just hand over the reigns and stay on 22 with WBL. We tried a few times but the file was just borcked.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I know a lot are in the same (similar) boat, but this is basically a load of grinding before actually being able to do what you want with the game.

Is there no way that people can clear bad cpu contracts before starting, so as not to be hampered by this nonsense?

Last edited:

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
@Mr. Radpants @doh -

Is there no way we could start a league with a fantasy draft? Or at the very least clear the turrible contracts and up the budgets so people can build a decent team.

Starting the league where some teams have a significant budget dissadvantage seems to be a recipe for people to drop out.

Last edited:

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Anyone that doubted me that this was a bad idea that wouldn’t get off the ground can head on down to the Shitshack and have a turd panini on me.

Skeeter

Uber felon
I was at least able to withdraw about 5 bad contract extensions the CPU had offered. But yeah this team is fucked for about 3-5 seasons.

TonyGin&Juice

The g-dz are definitely smiling on my dumas - #1 prospect that can hit and play an infield position and the #1 budget? Lawd, please let my export have taken.

doh

Fantasy Draft would take forever/be impossible to do.

We could allow each team 1-2 contracts to 'amnesty'...

What does everyone think?

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I think the fairesdt thing is to let everyone get rid of any contracts they don't like. After all they didn't make them and I can't see that it's an advantage to anyone if we're all allowed to do it.

doh

I think the fairesdt thing is to let everyone get rid of any contracts they don't like. After all they didn't make them and I can't see that it's an advantage to anyone if we're all allowed to do it.
Meh-- the becomes total chaos.

I'm Montreal... That's the worst contract in the league.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I can't really understand why voiding bad contracts becomes chaos? It will just give everyone a chance to bid on some players that they actually want or shrink the team into a long rebuild.

Far more chaotic to try to cope with the aftermath of CPU raped teams.

doh

Amnesty = player is released, contract off the book, they go into FA.

doh

So what do we think? 2 amnesties? 1? None?

Just want to decide this before we move forward.

TonyGin&Juice

Whatever export you pulled @doh wasn't correct since the most recent download still has me with a six man rotation. What's going on here? I made a ton of roster moves and you confirmed the export you had from me had the right date but it clearly didn't take. Inquiring minds need to know.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
UnimportantCrazyKangaroo-max-1mb.gif

doh

Alright every team gets 2 players to amnesty.

Post them on here by Friday night.

I'll do a 1-day sim on Friday and that'll open up money/some extra FA.

doh

Whatever export you pulled @doh wasn't correct since the most recent download still has me with a six man rotation. What's going on here? I made a ton of roster moves and you confirmed the export you had from me had the right date but it clearly didn't take. Inquiring minds need to know.
I haven't advanced since I took your sim @TonyGin&Juice

TonyGin&Juice

Yo @doh pin the trog tail on me - didn't realize the version of OOTP I have doesn't update automatically so I was on an old build.

Skeeter

Uber felon
I don't have access till late Friday if I remember. Would someone be willing to identify my worst 2? Big if true.

doh

Going to amnesty players tonight... If you haven't made picks, I can add them later.

@Rutgers Mike you still have 1 left so you can use that if you want later during the season.