• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2022: The World Cup Thread

fried rice

Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Anyone know why Theo Hernandez was laying down behind the wall on that free kick? An attempt to set an offsides line or something?

Edit: Interdasting

Last edited:

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
when you need a late goal from a sub you definitely turn to Mason Mount

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
You gotta know you are the asshole when it gets bad enough that you are made to stand in front of the class and apologize right

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Greatest Manager Ever told (arguably) most talented player in the pool before WC he would have a "very limited" role. Then subs in Jordan Morris over him in the first match. Then lies about Gio being hurt.

WTF does he expect Gio to do next training?

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
I know Nutopians have indicated they dislike Croatia (I don't follow international soccer enough to know why). But when your most famous player's most famous play was an illegal one, then screw Argentina forever. (Maybe I wouldn't feel that way if they weren't Brazil's rival, but I do so...)

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Greatest Manager Ever told (arguably) most talented player in the pool before WC he would have a "very limited" role. Then subs in Jordan Morris over him in the first match. Then lies about Gio being hurt.

WTF does he expect Gio to do next training?

I really don't understand why GGG took this public. Gio is hopefully going to be an extremely important player going forward. Alienating him is a really bad idea. Just bizzare.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Is it idiotic to prefer Jordan fucking Morris over him, especially as a 60th minute sub or whatever? Yes, undeniably. Should the ultra talented son of one of our best ever players, himself a WC quarterfinalist, and soccer exec, be acting like a baby? No.

Considering it's the USSF, everybody being wrong is really not all that surprising.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I think it's hilarious he thought it was off the record when he was speaking at an event. Nothing is off the record anymore in a place like that.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I really don't understand why GGG took this public. Gio is hopefully going to be an extremely important player going forward. Alienating him is a really bad idea. Just bizzare.
With the caveat of Gio is not exactly a popular guy/his body language on the field can be awful...

Why would you tell your 1st or 2nd most talented attacker he basically won't be needed? THEN play Morris over him and lie about Gio being hurt? Greggggg seems to have put a 20-year old into a very bad spot a few times. I agree- really bizarre behavior but Gregggg seems like a really arrogant guy for someone who hasn't really done much.

NML

its probably worth mentioning that the rest of the team was upset about gio’s playing time… upset that he got any at all

gio is basically universally hated amongst the players. im sure he can work his way back, he’s still young and immature enough to get away with this

idk gregg was dumb to make the comments but otherwise seemed like the team backed him which is far and away the most important thing. ultimately too much has probably happened from all this to keep him going forward though, which is fine

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Ah - the shitheads are beating the mega shitheads. Just hoping France beat the other shitheads tomorrow.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
fans blowing whistles in the stands should be executed summarily. I feel like Qatar can make that happen too.

Skeeter

Uber felon
Feels like when you get a couple nteresting teams in the final 4. But still end up with Duke vs Kentucky in the championship

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
I'm definitely routing for the meteor in this World Cup finals. The two teams I hate the most, even though my reasoning for disliking them will be questioned by someone on here at some point.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
lol at needing a reason for HATE. The only weird part is the fact that you have REASONING at all. Just let the hate flow naturally.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
To be honest I think Europeans have a different attitude to fireworks than Americans. London has been cleaned up a bit from it now, but a few years ago it wasn't uncommon to get stuck in an ally or somewhere with people firing rockets at each other around November. I remember one time watching a kid on a bike doing wheelies with a 50 rocket cake firing off his shoulder.