• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2022: The Offseason Thread - The Breakup Song

bruin

can't think of a better recruiting pitch for a 5
⭐
quarterback.(report via @MattPrehm)

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
I was mostly memeing. My point was mostly that even generational talent needs a solid staff/scheme.

Manziel was only a 3-star? My guess is because he was smallish and/or played at a smaller high school? Or maybe his personality was already known as a potential liability?

But yeah, some 5-star QBs have been enormously overrated. Daniels is the one that most obviously comes to my mind, because he was just...bad. Max Browne was considered the #1 QB prospect out of high school and was totally underwhelming. TBF, both of them played for the worst corch in USC history.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
I'm not a huge fan of PJ, but how do you think recruiting works? All coaches are going to put on the ol used car salesman over-promise and underdeliver to get players to come to their school, isn't unique to Fleck at all. Unless there is more to it than just being unhappy with the guy, I don't see much of an issue.

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Yeah I just don't know if it's something like a Simon Cvijanovic situation where everyone thought the kid was just airing sour grapes and it ended with Beckman being fired a week before the season....

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Yeah I just don't know if it's something like a Simon Cvijanovic situation where everyone thought the kid was just airing sour grapes and it ended with Beckman being fired a week before the season....
Yeah you never know. Don't think Martin was ever injured while he was at MN though, so that type of situation seems unlikely. Reading into it, it sounds like he got into a scrap with another D-Lineman and got kicked off the team after refusing to enter a game, which he thinks was unfair.

Last edited:

Ander1345

Yeah you never know. Don't think Martin was ever injured while he was at MN though, so that type of situation seems unlikely. Reading into it, it sounds like he got into a scrap with another D-Lineman and got kicked off the team, which he thinks was unfair.

Is getting into it with teammates something that usually gets a player kicked off a team? I kinda feel like that happens every practice. I could see if it ended up with another player injured or something, but especially for a high intensity guy like Fleck it just seems weird.

Hope nothing comes from it. I'm not a huge Fleck fan either but I always just figured it was because he coached somewhere else. Idk if Illinois thought they could do better at the time. But they obviously didnt.

Ander1345

He's just tweeting anonymous messages from "current" and "former" players now. Kinda think this dude just wants to burn a bridge.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Lol that's great. Fleck thinks he's KENJI or something.

Seriously though, I just assume every single FOOTBAW CORCH is at least a little bit I'M UR NEW HITLER and I'm not surprised by any of this. As long as he isn't physically abusing anyone, using slurs or other demeaning language, or using his power to cover up similar things, I think it just is how it is.

D1 football is a meat grinder and I wouldn't be surprised if 80%+ of players at all programs end up dissatisfied and with extreme stress and mental health issues related to playing football.

MtneerManiac

Burning Couches
Thamel reporting it's a done deal.

Good thing it's still PRIDE MONTH because this shit is GAY.

Would the Pac even survive them leaving? Merge with B12 or some shit?

Ander1345

I'm so conflicted on how I feel about this.

It's obviously just about revenue, but I'm sure most of the well connected/rivalry schools will move together anyway.