• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2022 Season: Week 9 Thread - Don't Fear the Reaper

Mame YO

slings rocks
Nix is also an SEC transfer, and the perception will be that he fled the conference because it was too much for him.
The narrative in this has already coalesced doe. The talking heads talk about him rejoining Dillingham at the start of every broadcast and then they gush over how good he has been playing.

Yeah nobody said he wasn't, he just won't win the heisman because he plays for Oregon.
Mariota doe.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Anyway, I wasn’t trying to sperg about this too much. LOOK AT THAT FUCKING STAT LINE doe. That’s basically my argument.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Bryce Young is still the best player in the nation. Take him off bammer and they lose to TN by 5 tds. Without Hooker, TN prolly loses to bammer by 5 TDs too, though, so who knows.

Voters won’t want to give back to back so he’s hampered by that. If Hooker beats UGA he’s a lock I think because he will light up the rest of the schedule. If he doesn’t but still has a good game, just remains to be seen. Voters really seem to be on Stroud’s jock. He’s a great player obviously, but to me they play a bunch of nancies and would have lost yesterday if 44 didn’t become a one man wrecking crew.

Mame YO

slings rocks
about 20 qbs have better numbers and he hasnt been touched all season. just stop.
They don’t though. Is stroud a better passer statistically? Sure. Nix has more points. Does Hooker lead the #1 total offense? Yes. And like I said, if TN wins out he probably wins the heisman. Duggen is doing great 22TD/2INT but also less yards and 67% completion rate. The comparisons mostly get muddier as you work through them. Maye for UNC is pretty good! UNC doe.

Again, I said Nix deserves consideration. It’s not difficult to imagine a 50+ TD Nix / pac 12 shampionship winning Oregon / top 5-6ish ranking being a very attractive candidate for the award. You’ll are all so focused on hating on Oregon because of their cringe media ecosystem, but Oregon is a good team and Nix is also good, actually!

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Tennessee offense is just carving people. Bama offense has looked medium at times.

Think if Hooker lights up UGA there's no way you can't give him the Heisman nod.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Bryce Young is still the best player in the nation. Take him off bammer and they lose to TN by 5 tds. Without Hooker, TN prolly loses to bammer by 5 TDs too, though, so who knows.

Voters won’t want to give back to back so he’s hampered by that. If Hooker beats UGA he’s a lock I think because he will light up the rest of the schedule. If he doesn’t but still has a good game, just remains to be seen. Voters really seem to be on Stroud’s jock. He’s a great player obviously, but to me they play a bunch of nancies and would have lost yesterday if 44 didn’t become a one man wrecking crew.
All of this is reasonable and isn’t too far off from what I’m saying, except I’m adding the additional wrinkle that if Nix keeps performing well and some chips fall a certain way (TN loses to UGA), he has a path and deserves consideration. I think there is a bit a of knee jerk response around here for people to strongly disagree with my posts but I’m really not reaching that far.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Nix ain’t winning the heisman regardless of what happens. May not even be fair, but he won’t. Everyone remembers how bad he sucked for 4 years and now he’s in Oregon. Sus

Mame YO

slings rocks
I sort of already addressed that point too, you could spin it as a redemption story / reuniting with Dillingham type thing and the ESPN talking heads would (and already have been) eat that narrative up. You can definitely form a pessimistic narrative also but that isn’t how the media has been covering him as far as I’ve seen and that’s like 80% of the battle.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
I think you’re confusing C block talking heads content with performance, lol

Mame YO

slings rocks
Again, I said Nix deserves consideration. It’s not difficult to imagine a 50+ TD Nix / pac 12 shampionship winning Oregon / top 5-6ish ranking being a very attractive candidate for the award.
you’ll acting like I’m making this outlandish homer argument lol.

Brick

Sorry not sorry, I can’t take ur opinion seriously. Noted Oregon hater thinks a potential 50 TD season from Nix isn’t worthy of Heisman consideration. Big surprise.
he'll have less pass TDs than prolly 20 qbs and a lot of STAT PADFORD 1 yard rushing tds. who cares. also they will have lost 3 games so all will be moo point anyway.

Mame YO

slings rocks
If they lose 3 games it will be a moot point, sure. It seems a bit arbitrary of you to exclude a dual threat’s rushing stats doe lol. Stroud is a better pure passer but Nix accounts for more scores. You win the game by scoring more points than your opponent so I don’t see why “who da best pure passer” should be the criteria and it isn’t the first time you’ve inserted arbitrary qualifiers to your arguments when it comes to Oregon either.

Brick

1 yard rush TDs are a corch choice statistic. you gonna count 1 yard qb sneaks for first downs too.

Mame YO

slings rocks
You’re focusing on a couple QB sneaks and ignoring that Nix runs the ball often and has a good YPC while he does it. He had an 80 yard TD run vs Stanford for example. He has 60 rushes over 8 games for 441 yards (7.5 runs per game, 7.3 ypc).

And isn’t like Nix is a poor passer or his stats are padded by dinking up and down the field. More than 1/3rd of his pass completions against UCLA were for more than 15 yards. Lol.

Brick

furd is 120th in rush D in the country and arizona is 123rd. out of 131 teams. he padded statford on the ground in those 2 games. who cares.

Mame YO

slings rocks
These all sound like a lot of excuses to exclude stats as meaningless, I could do the same thing in the opposite direction and make Nix/Oregon look like world beaters just by excluding the Georgia game so let’s not go down that route.

the fact remains that even with the Georgia game included (they did play the game, after all) Oregon’s offense is elite and nix’s production has been elite all season. No amount of handwringing over stat padding changes that.

Brick

should just call him FRAUD nix. what a run he is having against these complete bums.

ucla 50th total defense
wazzu 55th
california 100th
stanford 102nd
BYU 104th
arizona 125th
EWU averages more YPG given up than any FBS team

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Maybe they are bad defenses because NIX pwnd them tho? Really makes you think..,

Mame YO

slings rocks
should just call him FRAUD nix. what a run he is having against these complete bums.

ucla 50th total defense
wazzu 55th
california 100th
stanford 102nd
BYU 104th
arizona 125th
EWU averages more YPG given up than any FBS team
You can do this cherry picking with any team though. You aren’t engaging in statistical analysis, you’re just working to confirm your bias.

Brick

You can do this cherry picking with any team though. You aren’t engaging in statistical analysis, you’re just working to confirm your bias.
how is listing every team's defensive ranking that he has faced other than Georgia cherry picking? lol

Mame YO

slings rocks
how is listing every team's defensive ranking that he has faced other than Georgia cherry picking? lol
Oregon is currently putting up elite, video game, championship caliber numbers on offense. That includes their stats from the Georgia game. The fewest points they have scored since the Georgia game? 42 against Cal. You can pick through and make a case against any team like what you’re doing. I can probably engage in similar tactics with teams like Ohio state or Clemson in order to diminish their successes. Basically anybody outside the SEC could be knocked because of some weakness in their schedule.

Brick

I can probably engage in similar tactics with teams like Ohio state or Clemson in order to diminish their successes.
sure there buddy. can't accuse me of cherry picking. total defenses higher than anyone Oregon has beaten that tOSU/clemson has faced.

Iowa 5th
Rutgers 12th
Syracuse 16th
NCSU 17th
Florida state 22nd
notre dame 28th
Wisconsin 34th
Toledo 36th

UCLA 50th :kekleo:

Mame YO

slings rocks
None of these teams really have much in the way of common opponents with the pac though, do they? So then it becomes a chicken & egg argument. Oregon, Washington, ucla and usc are all top 12 in total offense. Arizona is #20 and Utah is #26. The pac has more offense every year, it’s basically always like this.

Mame YO

slings rocks
If Bo fucking Nix gets the Heisman, they should melt all of the trophies down and cancel the award.
If Nix has something like 4000+ total yards and 50+ TDs playing for a 1 loss conference champion, you don’t think that’s a worthy Heisman resume?

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
No, but god damn you’re a trog, mame. He has like 20 now. Why the fuck you extrapolating out to 50 fucking touchdowns?

Mame YO

slings rocks
I mean, I wasn’t doing this because the game was played, but just to make a point - that 50 TD figure comes from his average production this season including the Georgia game in which Oregon did not score a TD. He could end up with 55 TDs if he keeps his pace from week 2 onward, assuming Oregon plays the pac12 shampionship (which, he would need to do in order to be a Heisman contender). 50 TDs is very much an attainable figure for him given his production thus far. It’s arguably a conservative figure.

In an alternate universe, Oregon didn’t play Georgia and Nix is the Heisman front runner on pace for 60 TDs, leading the #1 or 2 offense in the nation on an undefeated team bound for the playoff. You’ll are PISSED in that sim.