• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2022 Season: Week 9 Thread - Don't Fear the Reaper

CJ_24

The Michigan Field Goalverines are gonna get boat raced by Ohio.

I still think their qb stinks

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
323439.jpg

Brick

a&m qb prolly just got concussed and JIMBO yelled at him to get back on the field and he has thrown two of the dumbest fucking passes ever. woof

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
being remotely associated with A2M has to be so embarrassing other than that crazy russian physics teacher

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Daniel Barker goes from dream crushing Sparty in 2019 to getting berated by his QB at MSU to b3ing in a video of a bunch of MSU players acting like idiots.

Hard to believe I was bummed he didn't come back to Illinois at one time.

Lightningwar

Administrator
I have more understanding of Jimbo Fisher than the avg announcer or fan. What he did from 2014-17 at FSU should be a crime. It was a result of incompetent leadership, an entrenched booster organization butting heads with know it all Fisher. If A&M believes forcing him to hire an actual OC, then change his offense, and allow that OC full control of the offense they have another thing coming. Fisher will implode the program out of spite. He gets paid either way and by the time the contract runs out he will be in his late 60s and ready for retirement. Or if they pony up 60 million in 3 years he is off to go hunting\fishing for the rest of his life or coaching WVU. The guy is a true hillbilly with a Napolean complex.

Ander1345

I have more understanding of Jimbo Fisher than the avg announcer or fan. What he did from 2014-17 at FSU should be a crime. It was a result of incompetent leadership, an entrenched booster organization butting heads with know it all Fisher. If A&M believes forcing him to hire an actual OC, then change his offense, and allow that OC full control of the offense they have another thing coming. Fisher will implode the program out of spite. He gets paid either way and by the time the contract runs out he will be in his late 60s and ready for retirement. Or if they pony up 60 million in 3 years he is off to go hunting\fishing for the rest of his life. The guy is a true hillbilly with a Napolean complex.

It's a real big mess. I get that sometimes 4 and 5 stars don't live up to the hype. But if you can't even begin to put recruits like the ones he's been getting in a position to at least leverage their talent... what are you doing man?

Get out.

Lightningwar

Administrator
It's a real big mess. I get that sometimes 4 and 5 stars don't live up to the hype. But if you can't even begin to put recruits like the ones he's been getting in a position to at least leverage their talent... what are you doing man?

Get out.

We used to have a joke that our 5 star receivers didn't know the route tree and thus are riding the pine I laughed when the announcers tonight mentioned they talked with A&Ms tight end and he said "The issue is having to know all the different route combinations and then be on the same page as the QB" lol.

I always felt Fisher would be better in the NFL where they can practice 8 hours a day on this stuff.

In 2017 FSU had 5 straight top 5 recruiting classes, including the #1 class in 2016, and went 5-6 under Fisher. Sound familiar? At A&M he has had 5 straight top 6 classes, and the best class ever last year and is 3-5.

Anyways in 2016 is when the signs of cracking showed up at FSU. Though looking back on it, the signs were there in 2014 as well. In 2016 after being blasted by Louisville by 42 points when we were ranked 3rd in the country. We went out and let USF go crazy in the 2nd half followed up by a loss to UNC at home, when we took the lead with 23 seconds left. The losing was part of the crack showing. But after the UNC loss Fisher forced players to sign an effort pledge. If all of those highly ranked recruits require an effort pledge to play better then something is seriously wrong. In 2016 I thought he lost the team, but they did crank out an Orange Bowl victory and a 10 win season. 2017 however opened the flood gates and when he was staring at the results of his mismanagement bolted for A&M. We doubled down by hiring Taggart, the absolute worst coach possible to fix a broken culture. We are just now crawling out of the mess Fisher and Taggart left.

I also laughed because Fisher used LSU to get a raise and contract extension out of A&M. He pulled that every year at FSU starting in 2012. It was also the same one-sided contract where he could leave without a buyout but if he was fired the school owed him the entire remaining contract.

Further just think about what they are proposing. You are paying a guy 100 million dollars over the next 10 years to win national championships. But his offense is so bad you are going to spend 2 million on an OC to hold his hand and make this right. The boosters and admins at A&M have to be wondering what the fuck did he sign up for here?

Last edited:

Ander1345

Tucker owes about $80 million of that contract to Kenneth Walker.

He really does. The guy who did not even have a winning record as a HC and put out some of the worst Bears defenses of recent memory. Can't even be bothered to know what his guys are doing after a game.

What a fucking joke.

Mame YO

slings rocks
I was just coming back in here to see if I can ruffle some feathers with this hot take: Bo Nix deserves a look in the Heisman race.

Obviously everyone is looking at Hooker and Stroud, for good reason, but if I took the three stat lines and gave them to you blind could you pick them out? All three are super efficient passers, with Stroud being the most efficient and productive passer, Hooker leading the #1 total offense in the country, and Nix accounting for the most points of the three thanks to his legs. All boast 70%+ completion percentages. Etc.

The biggest thing holding Nix back is the loss to Georgia, and if TN goes undefeated Hooker would probably be a lock. TN plays Georgia next week @Southpaw so that will be a huge deciding factor for a lot of voters.

Imagine a scenario where each of these teams ends up with a loss though. Are we still going to hold that week 1 loss to Georgia over Nix/Oregon above and beyond, say, a TN loss to Georgia or an tOSU loss to, uhh, @DeadMan?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Well calling that week 1 game a loss is also a little misleading. It will get held against them because it was so embarrassingly inept, if Tennessee loses to Georgia by 46 it will get held against them as well.

Mame YO

slings rocks
lol, are we going to hold an actual loss over a theoretical future loss?
Let’s not get stupid. I said that if TN wins out Hooker is probably a lock. If TN loses and/or tOSU loses then the individual performances of the players will matter more since nobody will have the advantage of an unbeaten record.

Nix has similar stats and actually accounts for more points overall than either player DESPITE the Georgia game. That’s one way to spin it.

Mame YO

slings rocks
If we were talking about a least coast team or USC the ESPN talking heads would already be arguing over “the best player right now” and the recency bias would be rampant.

Bo Nix accounted for 6 TDs yesterday lol.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Who fucking cares, Cal lost to LOLORADO. You’re bragging about scoring on the equivalent of an FCS team
I’m making the case for Nix based on his overall statistical profile, which, yes, includes Cal - but the other guys have cupcakes on their schedule too.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
oregon is a hick-ass backwater in the national media’s perception, and you would need a 1988 Barry Sanders style season to merit serious consideration.

Nix is also an SEC transfer, and the perception will be that he fled the conference because it was too much for him. The one game he played against SEC competition, his team got absolutely boat-raced.

Go do something else with your Sunday

Mame YO

slings rocks
or, put another way - if you average Nix’s TDs and project over the season, Oregon goes to the pac-12 shampionship he would have 50 TDs going into bowl season. Newton had 50 TDs going into the 2010 championship game.

obviously, yes, we’re talking different conferences, etc. it isn’t a perfect comparison. My point is that he is having an excellent season statistically, one that rivals the current heisman front runners - and of past winners.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yeah nobody said he wasn't, he just won't win the heisman because he plays for Oregon.