• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2022 Season: The Bowl Game Thread - Changes

Lightningwar

Administrator
Sort of unrelated, but I'm watching the AA Bowl on NBC(Malik Elzy committed to Illinois-yay) and it's just kind fucking hilarious how uneven high school football players are.

This is Kaden Feagin(IL Gatorade POTY) and it's almost comical how much bigger and more athletic he is than everyone else. (Lined up at QB in HS just to get touches but will play RB at Illinois probably).

View attachment 27322

I admire and feel bad for college coaches trying to eval OL and DL recruits. Most of the time the top talent are just grown ass men vs children out there killing them due to size differences.

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
I admire and feel bad for college coaches trying to eval OL and DL recruits. Most of the time the top talent are just grown ass men vs children out there killing them due to size differences.

Yeah I really don't know a ton about OL/DL techniques or anything, but you have these college analysts/coached see a guy who is like 6 foot +, 230+ lbs and go "obviously this kid is a Power 5 OL"

Like no, that is not fucking obvious. He is smaller than some Power 5 skill position players.

What a difference pumping millions of dollars into strength and conditioning make.

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Someone explain the boomerang.

Also, it's just tilting me that the namea of the 3 kids aren't symmetrial. I get the necklace would cover KNILES but I also get that it's just a horrrrendous tattoo.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Holy crap!

Go Rabbits!

coelhinhos.gif

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT

Yeah - so many hyped recruits for the line totally underwhelm once they finally face players that are just as big and strong as they are.

But still, size is obviously important. If you're one of those coaches who thinks recruiting "athletic" linemen who are like 6-4 and 255, thinking they can pack on the pounds, you're going to get pushed around a lot.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
This backfield for SDSU is nuts. Their backup RB is DEUCEesque and is averaging 20 YPC right now lol

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
How was that not a safety on the kickoff lol, he didn’t take a knee, he tried to advance the ball and got tackled in the end zone

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Doesn't matter. Never got out of the end zone. Still a touchback.

Player has to gain possession. Leave the end zone and then go back into the end zone for it to be a safety.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Doesn't matter. Never got out of the end zone. Still a touchback.

Player has to gain possession. Leave the end zone and then go back into the end zone for it to be a safety.

you must leave the endzone and then go back in. everyone knows this who watched nfl in the 80s as it it was a the subject of one of those "You make th call" commercials. I think it was herschel walker doing a ko return as the subject matter whilst he was a dallas cowboy

Lightningwar

Administrator
NDSU game went worse than I expected. Half of the defense was hurt, literally, and we had some key guys on offense missing as well. We really should had lost to incarnate word in the semi-finals. I told my dad this was the first national championship I didn't feel confident we win, thought we probably lose. Just thought we could make it more respectable. SDSU has been a thorn in our ass for years. But usually what happens is they beat us in the regular season and we return the favor in the playoffs. But they were healthy and we weren't and it showed when they were running effortlessly between the tackles. They are built much like NDSU so it was like looking into the mirror as we were run over.

Brick

TCU would be the most unlikely shampship ever and most dramatic szn while UGA would be the most predictible/boring repeat ever. outside of OHIZZU game not challenged at all didnt play bama.

CJ_24

Just saw SOFI on CFB Live. Lame af. Why the Rose Bowl rules so much. TCU/UGA both with plain black logos in the endzones. Nothing unique. Meh. Hope everyone enjoys the game tonight.
The black is apropos, considering it will be TCU's funeral