• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2021: Week 13 Thread - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

bruin

So goodbye yellow brick road
Where the dogs of society howl
You can't plant me in your penthouse
I'm going back to my plough

Goodbye indeed to the regular season as WEEK 13 is the final tilt of year. It's bittersweet, but not as sweet as your Grandma's sweet potatoes at the dinner table. COLLEGE Gameday still hasn't made a decision where they are taking the Bus and The Bear, but the writing on the wall has to be Ann Arbor. Doesn't it? BEDLAM? Why not? FEAST week returns in College Hoops as well the best Holiday in the year in Thanksgiving. @Brick We go down Yellow Brick road to another season in the books. May I say this was one to remember. Have a safe holiday and good week, my friends. Long live The Blog!

Notable matchups:
Western Michigan at Northern Illinois, 4:00 PT - ESPNU (Tuesday)
#8 Ole Miss at Mississippi State, 4:30 PT - ESPN (Thursday)
Boise State at #22 San Diego State, 9:00 AM PT - (Friday)
#17 Iowa at Nebraska, 10:30 AM PT - Big Ten Network (Friday)
#4 Cincinnati at East Carolina 12:30 PT - ABC (Friday)
Colorado at #16 Utah, 1:00 PT - FOX (Friday)
North Carolina at #24 North Carolina State, 4:00 PT - ESPN (Friday)
Washington State at Washington, 5:00 PT - FS1 (Friday)
#1 Georgia at Georgia Tech, 9:00 AM PT - ABC
#2 Ohio State at #6 Michigan, 9:00 AM PT - FOX
#21 Wake Forest at Boston College, 9:00 AM PT - ESPN2
#19 Houston at UCONN, 9:00 AM PT- CBSSports Net
#3 Alabama at Auburn, 12:30 PT - CBS
Oregon State at #11 Oregon, 12:30 PT - ESPN
Penn State at #12 Michigan State, 12:30 PT -ABC
Western Kentucky at Marshall, 12:30 PT - CBSSports net
Indiana at Purdue, 12:30 PT - FS1
Arizona at Arizona State, 1:00 PT - Pac-12 Network
#14 Texas A&M at LSU, 4:00 PT - ESPN
#10 Oklahoma at #7 Oklahoma State, 4:30 PT - ABC
#20 Pitt at Syracuse, 4:30 PT - ACC Network
#5 Notre Dame at Stanford, 5:00 PT - TBA
#13 BYU at USC, 7:30 PT - ESPN
Cal at UCLA, 7:30 PT - FS1

nov-2000-joey-harrington-of-the-oregon-ducks-hands-off-the-ball-the-picture-id650107

pt-old-oaken-bucket.jpg

verne-signs-off.png

images

SI5HUDEDFRH4DPKF3W52ZES6K4.jpg

a228a9c5e2aba50ab3abc6e39c46cecaa42665eb2a73df57c86f230e42b71b53_1.jpg

2021-CBB-Matchup-Graphics-10-780x470.png

ASU_Arizona_Football.jpg

Arlo_Guthrie_-_Alice%27s_Restaurant.jpg

r960-02b0abd6b8144ce53963561dfe76d825.jpg

waltz.jpg

Jenny-Taft-Photo.jpg

Brick

bama and uga are both locks now if they win next week. so is tOSU/michigan winner.

cincy is actually in a great spot imo. outside of oklahoma starting to pwn and be called BUT WHO IS PLAYING THE BEST RIGHT NOW by kirk there aren't other name brand progrums who have a chance of eclipsing them. and they won't put 1 loss ND above them.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Oklahoma State favored by 3 over OU. Would be surprised if they don't win by at least 2 scores. Their defense will suffocate OU's offense, and even though their offense isn't great, they'll wear down the Sooners over the course of the game and pull away late.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Notable matchups:
Western Kentucky at Marshall, 12:30 PT - CBSSports net
View attachment 21299

I'm staying 107 miles away from the site of this game. And 717 miles from where Trayvon Martin was murdered.

Do I dare try to go? The travel schedule lines up perfectly. The weather...not so much. We're looking @38 degrees FARHENHEIT @kickoff. I'll enjoy from the comfort of this couch.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
bama and uga are both locks now if they win next week. so is tOSU/michigan winner.

cincy is actually in a great spot imo. outside of oklahoma starting to pwn and be called BUT WHO IS PLAYING THE BEST RIGHT NOW by kirk there aren't other name brand progrums who have a chance of eclipsing them. and they won't put 1 loss ND above them.

ZvFCpOq.gif

They beat GT 55-0 last week; when they do the same to BUM David Shaw and FURD this week, that’s the perfect team for WHO IS PLAYING THE BEST RIGHT NOW

Brick

nah cincy dominated them and they have one loss. should be enough. if it was ohio state or BAMA it would be different because the committee gives them to benefit of the doubt every single fucking time...

...you know what...never mind...ohio state with one moar loss still may make it

Brick

I'm staying 107 miles away from the site of this game. And 717 miles from where Trayvon Martin was murdered.

Do I dare try to go? The travel schedule lines up perfectly. The weather...not so much. We're looking @38 degrees FARHENHEIT @kickoff. I'll enjoy from the comfort of this couch.
things warm up pretty quickly from the excitement of ZAPPE 6 first half tds. i urge u 2 reconsider. could be a FANTASTIC FINISH.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Oklahoma State favored by 3 over OU. Would be surprised if they don't win by at least 2 scores. Their defense will suffocate OU's offense, and even though their offense isn't great, they'll wear down the Sooners over the course of the game and pull away late.
I honestly don’t know.

Spencer Sanders is actually maybe the best QB standing in the league right now. I’m not sure I’d take anyone over him except maybe… Thompson from KSU?

But the OL terrifies me. Dunno if they’re gonna hold up against the one bright spot in the OU defense.

On the flip side…. OU’s offense doesn’t scare me at all. Oklahoma state in the last four games… Have allowed like one TD, and that came in garbage time against TCU. They kept KU, WVU, and Tech out of the end zone. Tech and TCU are both top 40 offenses. KU and WVU not so much. I am confident OSU can hold OU to 16 or less.

Im not confident the OSU offense won’t shit itself and give up a free backbreaking 10 points to OU.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
I simply don’t see how OU is getting more than 13 points on offense. Running out of things to say. They hit a new high every week defensively.

As far as SP+ go this is the highest rated defense OU has faced in the Lincoln Riley era. Simultaneously, it’s the lowest offensive rating they’ve had in the Lincoln Riley era. No surprise.

Curious if they go to Rattler. I’ve long thought some deal was worked out between Rat and Riley. Rat gets to keep his NIL deal(s) and save face, focus on the draft or transferring etc. Riley gets to focus on developing Williams.

Speaking of. That dude can’t read the defense at all. Another reason I think OU’s offense gets buried. It’s gonna be so fascinating watching OSU’s defense attack them. The other side of the ball… ugly. Lots of punts man. Ugh lol

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
RATTLER will play at some point. Whether he starts or comes in after Williams goes 2-11 for 12 yards and 2 picks is up in the air. CALEB will be really, really good someday but he's got a lot of mental development to do before he gets there.

It will be interesting to see how LINCOLN tries to go at the defense with his play calling, which has been suspect at best most of the year, partially due to inadequate line/QB play and partially due to whatever is going on in his head. And whether or not Gundy gets lemon booty at the sight of OU.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
get a COVID test
You tell me what QB you’re taking over him in the big 12. Everyone in the big 12 is playing mediocre QBs. Saying he’s up there with the best of them in the league isn’t saying much.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Purdy makes bone headed trash plays every game and they’re 6-5, possibly looking at going 6-6.

The same issues plaguing him are the ones plaguing Sanders.

Rat/Williams are booty.

Thompson (KSU) is up there in terms of best in B12. Bohanon is garbage, and now out. Doege, Duggan, Card, Thompson are all average at best and trash are worst. So yeah, not saying much to say Sanders is one of the top in the league. His stats from Iowa State and on are pretty good. Nothing shocking. But again, if you’re measuring it against the FBS then ur dumb because I’m talking big 12.

QB play in the big 12 right now is down. But no homer, Sanders is pretty well underrated.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I'd still take CALEB right now even with his struggles. Sanders has played better but he's still just... meh

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
CALEB has the same numbers as Spencer Sanders through half a season lol
Do you watch the games my dude?

He quite literally can’t read coverage, or at least not at the speed the game is played right now.

He could be great in year three but he needs a lot of work. It’s one thing to throw touchdowns when all of your guys are uncovered as they were against Tech and to make a couple off schedule throws against what has turned out to be a bottom 3 Texas D. Their offense has cratered against BU and Iowa State, and there’s a pretty decent gap between them and the team they’re about to face.

I’ve been a huge critic of Sanders since day one. The dude flat out sucked in 2019 and didn’t show a lot of progress in year two.

To open this year it looked like more of the same. What I didn’t realize was that they were playing a bunch of walk ons at receiver to start the year. Whatever, still trash. He’s actually done well at making second, third and fourth reads. He’s not a next level guy nor a great college QB. But in a league of mediocre QBs, he’s ok. And that’s why they’re gonna win the big 12.

TL;DR box scores and extended highlights

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
LITURALLY

I guess Spencer Sanders is the most illiterate reader of coverage ever since he has more interceptions and a worse completion percentage than CALEB

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I'm not sure I would even think it possible to prefer Sanders over CALEB. I'd rather be happy than right though so let's hope HABOOB watching the games has paid off

Brick

sanders being the best qb in the big xii is the biggest homer take on THE BLOG this year. it isn't even worth debating.

Skeeter

Uber felon
Already picking out my tickets for the B1G championship game. Looking forward to hearing O H I O reverberate around the big outhouse the whole 4th qtr again while the piss and blue stream out of the stadium.