• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2021: Week 10 Thread - Lust For Life

bruin

Climb up the H of the Hollywood sign, yeah
In these stolen moments
The world is mine
There's nobody here, just us together
Keepin' me hot like July forever

Another season, no Pac-12 title. That's 23 years now and counting with no conference titles for my Bruins. I was 10 in '98. I'll be 34 in January. The beat definitely goes on, my bros. We are now in November with just a month left in the regular season. GAMEDAY is heading to Cincinnati for the first time ever as the #2 Bearcats host Tulsa. A World Series champ will be crowned, MACtion makes its return and Canelo vs Caleb Plant for supremacy in the Super Middleweight Division. Hey, the lust for life goes on. We all do. Here's to another week. Cheers, Nutopia...

Notable Matchups:

Georgia State at #24 Louisiana, 4:30 PT - ESPN (Thursday)
Utah at Stanford, 7:30 PT - FS1 (Friday)
Missouri at #1 Georgia, 9:00 AM PT - ESPN
#6 Ohio State at Nebraska, 9:00 AM PT - FOX
#10 Wake Forest at North Carolina, 9:00 AM PT - ABC
Tulsa at #2 Cincinnati, 12:30 PT - ESPN2
#5 Michigan State at Purdue, 12:30 PT - ABC
Navy at #8 Notre Dame, 12:30 PT - NBC
#11 Oklahoma State at West Virginia, 12:30 PT - ESPN
#12 Auburn at #13 Texas A&M, 12:30 PT - CBS
#14 Baylor at TCU, 12:30 PT- FOX
LSU at #3 Alabama, 4:00 PT - ESPN
#7 Oregon at Washington, 4:30 PT - ABC
Indiana at #9 Michigan, 4:30 PT - FOX
#20 Houston at South Florida, 4:30 PT - ESPNU
#16 UTSA at UTEP, 7:15 PT - ESPN2
USC at Arizona State, 7:30 PT- ESPN

81OTye3M7NL._AC_UL1500_.jpg

Corso2.0.jpg

image-placeholder-title.gif

1996.jpg

canelo-alvarez-caleb-plant.jpg

MV5BNGQ3MDU2YWEtYzJmZC00YzUxLWExMDYtYjk4MzJkZjMyNTZmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTA3MTMyOTk@._V1_.jpg

final-score-Navy-Notre-Dame.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F190626124627-01-reggie-jackson-world-series-1977.jpg

AP_18251733990491.jpg

Jenny-Taft-1.jpg

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
First playoff rankings come out on Tuesday. Gonna guess

1. Georgia
  2. Michigan State
  3. Alabama
  4. Cincinnati
  5. Oklahoma
  6. Ohio State

And I'm going to go ahead and take the L on this.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I really am shocked it hasn't worked out for him and I sort of feel bad for the guy. Not that bad because he is still rich af, but damn. I guess his system just hasn't transferred over and the players haven't bought in.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
I really am shocked it hasn't worked out for him and I sort of feel bad for the guy. Not that bad because he is still rich af, but damn. I guess his system just hasn't transferred over and the players haven't bought in.
Yeah it sucks. He could have went to any school and named his price so I'm grateful he came home and gave it a shot but it seems clear at this point it isn't working out for either party. For a couple years it seemed like the team was just snake-bitten but at some point you create your own luck. There is enough talent on this roster to contend in the West (let alone beat Illinois, Minnesota or Purdue) but they can't get out of their own way. Teams just have to sit back and let Nebraska beat themselves with penalties, turnovers and poor special teams play. Defense is good but not great. No one on offense can never come up with a clutch play and the best player on the team will give away multiple games per year with boneheaded turnovers. Special teams is also awful. Barring a miraculous finish there really isn't a reason to give him another year at this point outside his the buyout ($20 million). Hopefully some rich booster is feeling generous or something clicks because the outlook is otherwise dark.

For the rest of this year, it's time to bench Martinez for good which feels weird to say because he is probably the best player on the team. He just makes too many bad mistakes, especially for someone with as much experience as he has. Illinois, Michigan and Purdue are 3 games I think they win without the 2 or 3 dreadful plays Martinez made. Put in the backup, lean on defense and see what happens for a couple games.

I can see Frost going to the Saban school of kids who can't coach good, rehabilitating his image and rebounding well as an OC or head coach somewhere else. A grad transfer year would be good for Martinez too, some competent coaching could probably get him drafted or signed as a undrafted free agent.

Last edited:

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I'd take Martinez at Tennessee for sure. He almost went there out of high school if I recall.

Brick

lines just came out my bros. brickwife is headed out of town so i will have my hands full with MILES. will probably be a light betting week for me. last week i started with $500 and ended with $500. withdrew about $2k to ma'checking before the weekend