• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2021 Offseason Thread.

Plotty

Tath Meacher

Absolutely the worst hire. Besides the Erin Andrews doppelgänger look, TA is as two faced an administrator than anything. While appearances at its previous job say good things (budget, transition to D1), it has poor human characteristics.

He did have a tough assignment in year two, as the board of regents handed him the task of informing the football and wrestling coaches that their programs were being terminated. But how he did it - especially the wrestling one - will forever ever never be forgotten. He did the program dirty by calling the head coach two hours after the wrestling team won a national championship. Furthermore, TA had all the locks changed so the team couldn’t get back into the facility.

There’s an article in FloWrestling that outlines it more in detail. Bottom line: the hire just deepened an already fracture fan base.

Edit: found the link to the story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Who is ready for some extremely big 12 news

13530e85a92335a82174d53dbcdf650c.jpg

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Well, if you're IU now, how will people tell you apart from Indiana, which also calls itself IU?

Oh yeah, one of them has a winning football team. :trollface:

OK I'll bite. Maybe recently. But one program has a winning record overall and 5 claimed National Champs and the other has 2 conference titles an a .423 winrate in their entire history.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
OK I'll bite. Maybe recently. But one program has a winning record overall and 5 claimed National Champs and the other has 2 conference titles an a .423 winrate in their entire history.
Minnesota has 7 national championships, doesn't mean they are relevant when they are 70 years old

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
WINDIANA could go 0-12 for 10 years and still be more relevant than the team that hired Lovie Smith and BERT as their last two coaches

Uhhh no? I mean Illinois has played in the Sugar Bowl and the Rose Bowl in the last 20 years and Indiana hasn't touched a BCS Bowl since 1967.

Recent success for Indiana has been great, but every program has had ups and downs.

Brick

NATIONAL MEDIA DAY CHAMPS

And if you’re looking for a winner in the media day circus, the conference itself feels like the biggest one.

The following morning found Kliavkoff standing in the center of the lobby in a dark suit and white button-up shirt. He greeted everyone, then spent his time visiting with a line of star athletes brought by the conference members to media day. The new commissioner stood shoulder to shoulder, chatting up the athletes. I watched and couldn’t help but think about his predecessor, who just last year blew off a line of frustrated players in a clumsy video conference call.

Craig7835

So the latest preseason coaches poll has Louisana-Lafayette ranked 23. What makes them special because I've never seen them play?