• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2021 MLB and Rockies AA Look-back Thread

bruin

This game is bananas. Where are you clowns @pavel @bruin @bruin228 SD natives @Orlando @Southpaw

Christ, haven’t seen a meltdown like that in LA since the Bruins blew a potential playoff appearance in 2014 when STANFORD AND HOGAN came to town and pushed Jim Mora’s shit in.

Crazy series that is only going to get better. Love the antics between Bauer and Tatis. The sports needs that.

*PS, I went to a rub and tug to see my girl Coco after that meltdown.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
They are a really dysfunctional franchise. The owner sounds awful. Maybe tomorrow I can summarize some of the articles I read in The Athletic yesterday.

Summarize the settings I need to start an OOTP22 game where I don’t have the benefit of @Karl Hungus running sims for me!

I liked your description of how you play as a GM role and I thought you mentioned cutting some of the minor league teams as well? I’d love to be able to play a fairly fast paced sim where I don’t have to get bogged down in like the 5 rookie league/sub a teams

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Summarize the settings I need to start an OOTP22 game where I don’t have the benefit of @Karl Hungus running sims for me!

I liked your description of how you play as a GM role and I thought you mentioned cutting some of the minor league teams as well? I’d love to be able to play a fairly fast paced sim where I don’t have to get bogged down in like the 5 rookie league/sub a teams

From the Main Menu -
  • New Standard Game
  • Profile Name: Douglas Tagg
  • Your Role: General Manager (instead of GM and manager)
  • Set it to "cannot be fired" if being fired would ruin your game (I prefer the possibility that I'm fired. We're all going to be dead in a hundred years anyway - live dangerously).
Then, decide how many teams you want to eliminate. I think you can get by just eliminating the second Dominican League team, that's where I ran into problems, and I eventually fixed it.

For any team you want to delete, go move all the players you want to keep to another team. Then
  • MLB -> League Settings -> League and Teams
  • Hit the dropdown in the upper right, navigate to the league
  • Hit Remove Team
  • Team is gone and all players of the team are Free Agents.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
If you want to delete entire leagues, you can go to a new custom game, select MLB, and click advanced. Then you can delete entire leagues here:

I circled a little high, lol. You could kill some Rookie Leagues or Low A probably.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Any Ai adjustments or other shit like that for a cpu league?

Yeah, you're going to want to make trading harder and you want to make sure the AI favors prospects. I know some people jack these all the way up.

I am completely unable to trade for teams best prospects with the following settings:

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
And I've covered this before, but I delegate all minor league promotions and demotions to my assistant GM. I lock top prospects at the level I want them at.

I play GM only and I let my managers do all lineups.

Edit: I would also set auto-save to more than once a year. I lost like 3 months one season and it was awful.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
We’re going to extra innings in San Francisco! Bummed that Bard gave up a HR in the bottom of the 9th to allow a tie game, but I’m glad he got out of the inning at least

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Rockies get a great road win for the first time this season! Frankly they were lucky to be in the game at all in the 8th, but then they hit a bunch of HRs to steal the victory!

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Was really worried the Rockies were gonna blow a late two run lead against the dbacks on Saturday (last night and early this morning for me!)but then in the top of the 8th, dom nunez with a grand slam!

Lots of HRs in this one made it entertaining
Trevor story had a great game as well!

Now to catch up on yesterday’s game lol

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
They walked Story the next time up, #shook!

My favorite thing this season is how teams are so shook by sign stealing that they are using changing signals that leave the pitchers and catchers confused! So many passed balls!

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
so I guess the Tigers are really just gonna sit around and be absolutely dreadful for the near future and just :prayerhands: that Greene and Torkelson pan out

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Now the Rockies get the offense going early in the 8th and play some productive small ball to score some runs with 2 outs!

Still stranded two more in scoring position though!

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Just dove into the Tigers current state in this sim, what a mess. Skubal is really struggling.

The Tigers need Mize to put it all together and Matt Manning to hit as a top of the rotation starter. From there momentum builds in 2022 with Torkelson (early 22?) and Riley Green arriving (late 22?).

Torkelson is basically ready now, so that's huge. The Baseball Prospectus profile of him is pretty great:

All Torkelson did while at Arizona State is obliterate most of Barry Bonds' school records. He pummeled the Pac-12 every year, crushed in the Cape Cod League, and cruised on the U.S. Collegiate National Team.

The Tigers' system should be better, they've been rebuilding forever. Is Avila on the hot seat?

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I think he probably is. People commenting on Fecesbook seem to hate him!